Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1497632 times)

Offline radiogeek97

• Regular Contributor
Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #1350 on: January 04, 2014, 05:48:52 pm »
Hi All
     My name is john, I joined the forum a short time ago.  I have long been an electronics and radio enthusiast.  I stuied engineering for two years and then went into a completely different area.  I currently work at a major university in Boston Massachusetts.  I discovered the eevblog/forum on you tube one day about a year ago when i was researching a problem.  Since becoming an avid daily reader of the eevblog my interest in electronics has been renewed.  I now have my very own little "lab" consisting of a 1052e (hacked) and several other items dave recommended in a few of his videos.  While my knowledge is crude and very basic, I find the the you tube videos and this forum invaluable.   

Offline idpromnut

• Supporter
« Reply #1351 on: January 04, 2014, 05:52:06 pm »
I suppose I should write one of these intros as well   ;D

I'm in my mid-thirties, and work in software development. I've had an interest in electronics that goes back many years, but as a hobby it stagnated for a decade until I started where I am working now. A co-worker re-ignited my interest and now I've jumped in full steam to learn about all the wonders of analog and digital electronics. I can't remember exactly where I heard about the EEVBlog, but I am sure happy I did!

Offline pelud

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1352 on: January 05, 2014, 08:30:43 am »
Hi all,

My name is John, and I'm an electronics enthusiast from Burnaby, BC, Canada.  I have a diploma in computer systems technology and degree in EE, and I'm currently working as a software developer in a large company.  I like to play around with electronics and 3D printers what little spare time that I have at home.

Offline jii

« Reply #1353 on: January 05, 2014, 09:20:59 pm »
Greetings from Finland and please stand by for my brief introduction...

My name is Jussi, and my hobby is ... drum roll ... electronics! :-/O (and some radio amateur stuff on the side)
For the past ~13 years i've been working as an audio engineer, but now I'm also studying
automation engineering and electronics at Karelia University of Applied Sciences.

Been following for Dave's videoblog since 2009. I really like his style of presenting things!
Dave's blog is actually the first blog i'm following seriously, and not just peeking randomly.

I've also been lurking secretly on the forums for a while, and now finally made an account :)

Looking forward for having conversations with you guys and gals! ;D

- Jii -
Radio amateur from Finland.
Working as a product designer.

Offline AlienRelics

• Supporter
    • AE7HD
« Reply #1354 on: January 06, 2014, 01:15:49 am »
Steve Greenfield. I've always loved science and technology, decided to go into the field of electronics technology very early.

I love to build stuff. Mostly self-taught, or more accurately, I learned electronics mostly from books and magazines rather than from classes. I called myself a geek back when most considered it a pejorative.

My wife and I moved a few years ago into a house with two garages. I'm still working on getting both wired, insulated, and heated. One for a workshop (lathes, drill press, saws, CNC, etc) and the other for a lab (electronics, 3D printer, video, ham shack). I have a few videos posted on YouTube as username "alienrelics" and intend on producing some electronics instructional videos once my lab is squared away.
Steven J Greenfield AE7HD

Offline TheCommonCathode

• Contributor
« Reply #1355 on: January 07, 2014, 08:44:00 pm »
Hello from Ohio USA! Im just. An average electronics DIY maker. I normally attend the Detroit Maker Faire. I'm not majoring in anything related to electronics currently, but will in a few years. Happy hacking!

Offline josmann

« Reply #1356 on: January 08, 2014, 08:41:28 pm »
Hi everyone, I'm Jason from California, and I'm a newly graduated EE with a concentration in photonics. I'm currently on the job hunt!

Offline Pillager

• Supporter
« Reply #1357 on: January 08, 2014, 10:25:15 pm »
Hi everybody!

My name is Tom and I'm from Austria (not Australia).
I started out working in electronics manufacturing, where I caught the bug.
Now I'm a mechatronics technician and do electronics projects as a hobby (and sometimes small stuff for my boss ;-)

Greetings
Greets

Tom

Offline Forser

• Contributor
« Reply #1358 on: January 09, 2014, 06:09:42 pm »
Greetings,

Marcus, Located in Stockholm, Sweden.

No education or similar in electronics.
But have professional experience from Software Development.

Picked up a Arduino Recently and spent a few hours doing the experiments in the book that comes with the Arduino Starter Kit.
After that i am looking at picking up more experience and skills, aiming todo some stuff for Flight Simulator for my Dad that is a Avid Flightsimmer but also other projects.

Just trying to figure out what to do next after i finished the book and trying to figure out what´s next.
Been looking at making a Headphone Amp, Similar project like dekuNukem made (a Pokemon Shiny Collector) or something else.

Anyways, this is my introduction, feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to talk.

Offline Matt_Heilman

« Reply #1359 on: January 10, 2014, 04:26:16 am »
Hi,
I am Electronic Technician, I have spend time working with engineers (Mechanical and Electronic).
Electronics is a major passion mine, and I look forward to learning for you, and helping some you with your projects.
I have a youtube channel where I share projects, repairs and other things.
https://www.youtube.com/user/SektorZeit

Offline digital

• Contributor
« Reply #1360 on: January 10, 2014, 09:49:59 am »
Hello all I have been employed for many years as a control instrumentation technician,Then I studied microprocessors and laboratory instrumentation.It,is good to be amongst like minded people.Regards

Offline sgkini

• Contributor
« Reply #1361 on: January 11, 2014, 04:56:29 pm »
Hi all,
    My name is Satish and am currently in Germany ( been here for sometime now ) . I am a software architect and once every few months I get the electronics fever where I like to do some stuff or rather blow stuff  :( . I actually came across EEVBlog when I searching for dummy load  and found a treasure here. Now I spend a lot of time reading and getting to know stuff here . 

Regards
Satish

Offline jpenn

• Contributor
« Reply #1362 on: January 13, 2014, 02:51:03 am »
Hello all
     John here. Retired IT tech from PA USA now looking to start up some hobbies that I've never really had the time for before. Found Dave's blog while searching for electronics educational material. I'm now in the process of going through Dave's video blogs from the beginning. This guys really prolific! Good stuff.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 03:01:23 am by jpenn »

Offline londrim

« Reply #1363 on: January 13, 2014, 09:58:28 pm »
Hi all,

This is George from Greece. Ive studied Electrical and Electronic Engineering as well as an Msc ICT in U.K.

Now working full time professional engineer in AV systems.

I would like to thank eevblog for all this nice technical information and all contributors that help to it.

Offline PICmonster

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1364 on: January 14, 2014, 12:52:38 pm »
Hello I am from the UK and work in the Sheffield area, I am an electronics design engineer mostly embedded systems using small micro's such as PIC, I also write software in 'C' but I am a hardware designer at heart and see software as a tool to get my hardware to do what I want, I enjoy both aspects of this though. I use LTspice quite a bit, PADs is the EDA packege I am most farmiliar with for schematic and PCB design, I have used this for over 10 years, I know there is better EDA out there but I stick with what I know just because I can use it well.

I have always been interested in electronics from an early age, but it has taken me a long time to gain good qualifications in engineering as I left school unfortunately with nothing but a few useless CSE's. I studies at night school to do some BTEC units, I then studied HNC and converted this to HND in electronics, later I did a BSc with the open University studying programming lanuages / electronics and other subjects, I am now a CEng member of the IET.

Offline NadAngel

• Contributor
« Reply #1365 on: January 16, 2014, 09:28:10 am »
Hi, my name is Benjamin. I've been interested in electronics since primary school, but then went into software development. In the last years my interest into electronics has returned and has became my main hobby. I am interested in embedded design, micro controllers, sensors, control loops...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 10:39:13 pm by NadAngel »

Offline illumin8te

« Reply #1366 on: January 18, 2014, 12:02:38 am »
Hello all,

My name is Christopher from England, UK. I studied Electrical and Electronic Engineering at A level's but became an electrician and i am now a theatrical Sound/Lighting engineer, but I am going back to Uni to do a degree in electronics.
My Interest in electronics was started by my late father who was a Broadcast Engineer (BBC) from the late 60's to Mid 90's. He built at least 2 early 'homebrew' 8 bit computers in the early 80's. I might do a teardown of one of them and post to Youtube.
I have a passion for microprocessors and micro controllers (wohoo PIC Chips). Currently building a breadboard 68000 CP/M system based on a yamaha MSX chip set.

I would like to say thanks to dave, as I have been watching eevblog for about 3 months and he is a great tonic when over night re-rigs or rehearsals get a bit tedious.

Online T3sl4co1l

• Super Contributor
  • Expert, Analog Electronics, PCB Layout, EMC
    • Seven Transistor Labs
« Reply #1367 on: January 21, 2014, 03:35:31 pm »
Hey, what's up?

Think I saw a few familiar avatars, I'm Sch3mat1c from DF.  Also an infrequent commenter on Dave's vids.  But rather than talk about myself, might as well link my website... maybe you're ran across it before, probably not?
http://webpages.charter.net/dawill/tmoranwms/Electronics.html
Bunch of other stuff on there too, but the electronics part is the most relevant, eh?
Newer stuff is here,
http://seventransistorlabs.com/

Tim
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electronic design, from concept to prototype.
Bringing a project to life?  Send me a message!

Offline plug

« Reply #1368 on: January 22, 2014, 03:26:11 pm »
These "New Member" things always seem to sound like an AA meetings to me.  So;

I'm Jamie, from North Carolina. I have an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) from, Forsyth Technical Community College in Electronics Engineering Technology. I have been doing industrial electronics repair (component level) for 16 years now. They even let me be the boss for a while, then we had to close the shop.  :(

Offline cathodearray

• !
« Reply #1369 on: January 23, 2014, 01:08:23 am »
I'm me. I've never not been me, and that is that my dears :)

I am male. I am interested in electronics, and that is all I have to say... for now ;)

also known as rolandpenplotter
multiple accounts for the same user are not permitted.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 01:12:24 am by GeoffS »

Offline phil

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1370 on: January 23, 2014, 02:17:37 am »
Hello,

this is Phil from Germany. I finally decited to register after quite some time reading/lurking. I am an EE student at the moment, but my passion for electronics started way before. Most of my projects are general analog/digital stuff - however, I also did some high voltage/current stuff in the past (mainly SGTCs and SSTCs).

Phil

Offline SoundSponge

• Contributor
« Reply #1371 on: January 23, 2014, 02:06:16 pm »
I guys,
i love so much LED, flashlights and broken things.
When is possible i love to repair broken things.
I'm happy with electronic in general but i am not electronic engineer.
I'm poor  sound technician or sound engineer as you prefer.
I joined forum cause i appreciate Dave youtube channel
and i think he has a lot of experience, so thank you Dave for
passion, videos and Forum.

Simone

Online EPAIII

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1372 on: January 24, 2014, 06:51:37 am »
Greetings to all! I am Paul and am a retired TV Engineer who is now pursuing my own interests, some of them electronic. I also do wood work and have a small machine shop.
Paul A.  -   SE Texas
And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
You will find that it has discrete steps.

Offline hacker

« Reply #1373 on: January 25, 2014, 09:48:52 pm »
Hello gang! My name is John, I go by Hacker because I can not leave well enough alone, and it can always do better! I started my venture in electronics when I was 12. I have no degree. I do not believe in reinventing the wheel, just work with it and make it better.
My latest is playing with Arduino and C language ( I do better with PIC and Basic )
I have made an automatic door for my chicken coop,  A system to remove the rust from my water- 600 gallon water plant. An controller for my PV Solar / Wind generation system. I repair lab equipment for fun. 

Offline Cabwood

« Reply #1374 on: January 26, 2014, 04:25:24 pm »
Hello all,

I'm Simon, from Mauritius. Got my EE degree in London in 1990, and did almost nothing with it.

I stumbled upon one of Dave's video blogs a few months ago, and have just finished watching almost all of them - my interest is rekindled! Thanks!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf