Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1505069 times)

Offline Lucas

Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #1225 on: October 07, 2013, 09:51:33 pm »
I'm Lucas from the Netherlands. Never studied electronics, but I've started some projects recently. So I'm still in the process of learning and of building a basic set of equipment.

One of the projects I started is a power amplifier for HIFI sound. The design I use is made by a very knowledgeable friend.

Offline vk2hmc

• Contributor
    • VK2HMC
« Reply #1226 on: October 07, 2013, 11:00:11 pm »
Marki from North Epping, Sydney, Australia here.

Dead keen on Precision timing.
Have a large HP (and some other makes) 1975-1995 test equipment collection some of which I use regularly.

I only just discovered the forums although I registered a few months ago for something and never posted.

Look forward to some quality time well spent with like minded aficionado's or helping out.

thanks for having me Dave!
--marki

Offline thoper

« Reply #1227 on: October 07, 2013, 11:31:27 pm »
Hi everyone! i'm Alexis from CHILE, i'm an EE and work in an industru not related to EE..... :( i have some experience in medical devices design,...

Offline ishelly404

• Contributor
« Reply #1228 on: October 08, 2013, 02:10:53 am »
Hi everyone,

I'm Ian from the USA.  I have watched EEVBlog for about a year and last month decided to bite the bullet and create an account here.

I'm not an EE (not yet at least...) but I tinker with electronics as a hobby.

Offline GaryW

« Reply #1229 on: October 08, 2013, 02:16:19 am »
Hi everyone -

I'm Gary from the USA.  I'm new to the EEVBlog and to electronics in general.  I'm an IT executive (a programmer for many years) who works too much and has realized I need a new hobby and something I can learn along with and teach my son. 

So....I found EEVBlog and joined!

Offline kalobg

« Reply #1230 on: October 08, 2013, 05:54:33 am »
Hello all,

EE student in the US.  Been watching Dave's Youtube videos for some time and I thought I'd branch out into other interesting topics found here!

Offline MrProsser

« Reply #1231 on: October 08, 2013, 08:05:38 am »
Hello all,
I live in Ottawa, ON, Canada and am sadly currently between jobs...but anyway, I have a background in physics and computer science. Currently I am mainly focused on programming but I am trying to get back into doing electronics work as a hobby. I mainly worked in particle physics when doing my physics degree but my favourite labs were the various digital and analogue electronics courses I took while doing both degrees. Loads of fun. Anyway, I have sadly forgotten a lot but hopefully I can recover some of that knowledge.

Offline Richard_Fry

• Contributor
« Reply #1232 on: October 08, 2013, 09:55:06 am »
Hi,

Just realised I've been slowly posting away and haven't said Hi in the welcome lounge, so Hi!
Been in the industry for 20years now, assembly, test, design etc.
Originally in the UK in the medical industry and most recently in the GPS / auomotive datalogging area.
Just moved to Australia for a new start  ;D

See you all in the forums.
Rich.

Offline Flick

« Reply #1233 on: October 08, 2013, 12:24:35 pm »
Hi, my name is Felipe, I'm from Brasil. I'm a Telecom Eng. student and also I have an embedded systems company :)

Offline Valueduser

• Contributor
  • Put it on air
« Reply #1234 on: October 08, 2013, 12:47:00 pm »
Hi, I study computer engineering technology.  Although my course of study focuses on digital design and embedded systems I also am very interested in audio design.

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #1235 on: October 08, 2013, 06:13:44 pm »
My name is Susan, I am semiretired former RF tech, electronics hobbyist and radio amateur.
I have been an SWL for all my life, well ever since my grandfather introduced it to me when I was seven.
By the time I entered middle school I had an interest in electronics which my family encouraged.
I made a career of it until the hand of fate changed things.

I enjoy walks on the beach at sunset, being in the arms of a strong man and I am a Scorpio
Oh wait.....
This is not the seventieths anymore
;)

Sue AF6LJ

Offline walterharriman

« Reply #1236 on: October 08, 2013, 06:39:12 pm »
Hello EEVBlog viewers! My name is Dan Colmer, I'm a 15 year old nerd living in the UK and I have recently started watching the EEVBlog. I'm not exactly an expert in the field - I've dabbled in some extremely basic Raspberry Pi stuff (by which I mean sticking a plastic sheet over a keyboard and using it as an input device for a soundboard program), and my equipment inventory consists of a 12MHz analogue Farnell scope (DTC12 if anyone wants to looks it up), one of the ubiquitous OneHungLow 830-type meters, an analogue meter of uncertain vintage and a Skytronics bench PSU with the loudest fan I have ever heard on a piece of test gear. I mostly troubleshoot stuff (primarily other people's NES consoles as I'm a huge retro gamer, and that's often just a dodgy cart connector), but have very little knowledge of actual hobby electronics. I'm willing to learn, and the EEVBlog has taught me an awful lot. Most of my past projects have been film props with blinking LEDs and stuff, so I have yet to achieve anything of practical significance.

See you guys on the forums!

Offline zorder

« Reply #1237 on: October 08, 2013, 08:55:41 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm a PhD student, currently writing my master thesis on computer science. I'm interested in haptic devices and virtual reality, and I started learning electronics a few years ago to build some custom devices. I discovered Dave's channel on youtube a few months ago, and I found it very interesting and funny to see. Since then, I've replaced everyday's TV with EEVBlog episodes. Happy to learn while having fun!

Offline 99wilksjam

« Reply #1238 on: October 09, 2013, 01:13:48 am »
Hi , I'm Jamie from the UK. I love to tinker around with avr and create projects that lead into great ideas!

Offline stempile

• Contributor
  • Robot Builder and Electronics Hacker Enthusiast
« Reply #1239 on: October 09, 2013, 03:44:39 am »
Hello. I hail from Northern California, USA. Collecting tools and taking things apart for as long as I can remember. My great grandpa was a classic tv repair man among other things. His shop was a dingy mid western basement with all kinds crazy stuff. Everything in their house was always half taken apart just in case something needed adjustment.

I like to build robots and am an active volunteer if the usfirst.org organization in many levels.  My degrees are in business (MBA), my passion is in hacking and learning about electronics. I am driving by figuring things out.

Offline june

« Reply #1240 on: October 09, 2013, 07:18:12 am »
My name is mandy, and I am just graduated from university.

Offline 84GKSIG

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1241 on: October 09, 2013, 02:45:17 pm »
Wanted to say hello,

Im a 25 year old electronic hobbyist from Australia, ive been playing with electronics since I was 6 and I have taught my self a lot over the years.

I'll give anything a go, repairing, making hacking its all good fun and best way to learn :-+

micro controller stuff still confuses me but ill get my head around it one day!  :-/O

my fascination is with amplifiers, chip amps, tube amps, discrete component amps, hybrid tube and chip, love every single one of them and love building them :-+

Offline avas911

« Reply #1242 on: October 09, 2013, 03:45:30 pm »
HI,

I am Salman from Bangladesh. I am an Electronics Engineering graduate. But working as a Software Engineer for more than 2.5 yrs.

As a child used to love electric and electronics. Did not have the tools or reference materials than. After getting internet I have been doing a lot of hacking and fixing. Mostly fix stuff for fun.

Sad news is after getting this job I am having trouble with time management. Still have 2 Sapphire 5750 and one XFX 4670 in drawer gathering dust. Would like to fix them when I get some time.

Did not know about this forum until I decided to do some digging on some good multimeters. Came to the youtube channel from google and watched all the multimeter videos.

Found the forum after this.

Problem is I am not educated enough for most stuff written here. Still will try my best to participate. Mostly will be reading stuff, but maybe one day :D

Offline JustinHV32

« Reply #1243 on: October 10, 2013, 05:10:49 am »
Gday everyone,
 Im Justin from victoria. I'm a keen electronics hobbyist. I work as "Linesman" - powergrid maintenance person, for 10 years, so not an EE at all.
I've been into building things for as long as I can remember, not necessarily electronic.
My engineering interests include electronics, programming and cnc machining.
I'm mainly into AVR and ARM based projects.

Offline logman

« Reply #1244 on: October 10, 2013, 07:40:57 am »
hello. I'm just getting into electronics as a hobby, but i've been taking things apart since i was a kid. i just got a new soldering station and hope to learn electronics :)

Offline cloud_constructor

« Reply #1245 on: October 10, 2013, 01:57:51 pm »
Hi everyone!

im from greece , athens in particular , im a professional php developer but electronics were always on my mind.Ive been building my lab for a gazzilion years but finaly im happy with it!

Still new to microcontrollers , they where never around here back on the 90`s !!

well anyway .. Hellowwwzzz

Offline Tonkabot

• Contributor
« Reply #1246 on: October 10, 2013, 05:42:50 pm »
Hello,    I have been doing EE and CSCI for 35 years now, and have only known about Dave's videos for a couple years.

I work a a consulting firm where we do whatever the customer wants, which is usually too much with too little money  :)
Generally I do embedded systems from design to board layout to firmware to production,  with whatever parts work best.
I must admit that I like AVR's over PIC's, but I have done a lot of Coldfire stuff and now plenty of ARM.

Offline AwArD_RzD

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1247 on: October 11, 2013, 12:47:23 am »
Hi

I'm Jason, i found the EEVblog last year when my love for electronic came back after a 10 year break. I started to take apart thing when i was 3 year old, when i had my first computer i knew what i wanted to do, after a 3 years in Electrical Engineering Technology (sorry for the translation) i left because i was not very good with other class and the motivation was not there :=\ . 3 year after i took a course (sorry again for the translation) in Electro-automated system, i learned hydraulic,pneumatic system, all the automation to run an assembly line or anything a big industry need to mass produce something, motor drive and high power equipment (600v 3 phase 1k amp, don't touch that with your hand). Last year i found this blog and well i was curious what i missed and well i found i still love electronic but now as a hobby and it's very different of the vision i had many year ago.

so Hi everyone and thanks Dave for this blog and thanks everyone who contribute!!

Offline bootfetch

« Reply #1248 on: October 11, 2013, 02:16:54 am »
Hi All!

Im Bootfetch from the philippines - i like playing around with microcontroller (PIC/AVR/Arduino) stuff and programming in Java and Scilab.

I always watch Dave in you tube and im really amazed how he tears down stuff (coz if tear them down theres a 95% chance they wont go backto normal hehe)

Im keeping a blog http://labratsgonewild.com/ where i put posts of the projects that i like, i have a few posts of my own projects just a start up, im hoping to get more projects posted - Hope you guys like it.

Offline orion242

• Supporter
« Reply #1249 on: October 11, 2013, 02:34:36 am »
Hello all,

I’m the US and work in the commercial building automation industry.  I design and program automation systems that control HVAC and lighting equipment mainly.  From time to time I get to dabble in the PLC world on industrial equipment.

When not working, I enjoy taking apart the same controllers poke around them and see what makes them work.  I hack away at the internals both software and hardware for my own amusement.  I also play with uCs, mainly Parallax stamps, propellers and recently the raspberry pi.

My main draw to this site was :-DD:

« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 02:38:33 am by orion242 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf