Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1497496 times)

Offline JP5000

Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #1050 on: April 17, 2013, 01:47:08 pm »
Hi guys my hobby of electronics started at a very young age and now at the age of 34 have got some time to learn and share what knowledge i have. My main hobby's are electronics, electrical engineering, cars, lighting and lighting controls.

Offline k7-3d

« Reply #1051 on: April 18, 2013, 01:55:49 pm »
Hi'
Name is Christopher and i am from Norway and live in denmark and have lived der sins 2002, i work as an electrisan and du som EE in my spear time :-)

Offline magicsmoke

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1052 on: April 19, 2013, 07:01:41 am »
Hi,

I am interested in power electronics and motor controls.  I also do some low-frequency electromagnetic design.  I am starting to get into more general low power electronics also.

Offline gotnoise

« Reply #1053 on: April 19, 2013, 01:28:02 pm »
Hi,

I am a tech-oriented neuroscientist at a university who is currently trying to switch into the neuroscience-oriented tech industry. My goal is to get into R&D of a company that builds equipment for neuroscience and clinical applications. Electronics have been my hobby for a few years but I am still a beginner since job and family keep me busy most of the time.

I already learned a lot from you guys, so now I will try my best to contribute as well!

Cheers,
gotnoise

Offline TacticalCode

• Contributor
    • TacticalCode
« Reply #1054 on: April 20, 2013, 01:14:34 pm »
Greetings from Germany!

My name is Damon and I've come through Dave's way too addictive videos across this board.
I love messing around with electronics so I thought this place would be a good one to start learning some more details about the topic.

General info: I'm currently 19 years old, live in Germany, will pass my university-entrance diploma in a couple of weeks and then study it-security. Yes, software guy. But I'm just starting to do some hardware mods/hacks and fiddling around with an arduino+raspi.
If anyone is interested: My blog is here: http://tacticalcode.de/

Offline joab

« Reply #1055 on: April 20, 2013, 03:53:16 pm »
Hi!

I'm a Swedish guy and I'm currently studying Electronics and Computer Engineering at KTH (Royal Institute of Technology) in Sweden. I'm very interested in both electronics and programming.

Offline Slowflyer

« Reply #1056 on: April 21, 2013, 12:32:12 pm »
I am a 15-year old boy from Finland, and have always been into everything technical. I don't really like software so i do mainly hardware.
I'd like to learn machining and mechanical stuff, but a machine shop isn't possible right now. :'(  I tend to loose interest in the project that i'm working on. They often just vanish until i dig them out from my box of uncomplited things some day and start working on them again.
I have been a big fan of Daves blog all the way from it's early stage. It has given me lots of information about building a good lab and electronics generally.

Offline commongrounder

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1057 on: April 21, 2013, 03:18:41 pm »
Greetings!
My name is Geoff.  Since 1980 I have owned and operated an audio equipment service and audio transfer business in Vermont.  I came across Dave's video blogs and this board during my research into digital oscilloscopes.  I've owned a Fluke 199C scopemeter for many years and, after recognizing its limitations, have watched the amazing evolution of digital scopes ever since.  I finally decided that this was the time to buy in, and I haven't regretted it so far (I settled on an Rigol DS4012).  My big challenge now is going to be trying my best to avoid becoming addicted to this board and never getting any work done! ;D

Offline nickmartinblue

« Reply #1058 on: April 21, 2013, 11:59:16 pm »
I'm from Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Currently going to SAIT (Southern Alberta Institute of Technology) taking ENT (Electronics Engineering Technology) have been a viewer for a year, going to be graduating SAIT in 2014. I have always been interested in electronics and used to take apart anything that broke in the household, now I am buying things and taking them apart before I power them on.

Offline owlhawk

« Reply #1059 on: April 23, 2013, 02:12:42 am »
I'm Chris, an engineering student at the University of Wisconsin - Madison. Been watching the show since the very beginning, but never been much of one for forums.

Told myself I'm going to be more involved this year... keeping a blog of projects and trying to contribute some here. I've a learned a lot from both the blog and the forums, so hopefully I can give something back.

Offline Jasmine

• !
« Reply #1060 on: April 23, 2013, 03:43:06 am »
Hi,my name is Jasmine,from China,nice to meet you all...I am not good at electronic,but i hope can learn from this year,as i am having a job which is electronic related ;)

Offline Lowlife

« Reply #1061 on: April 23, 2013, 07:05:28 am »
I have been reading around here for a couple of weeks figure I should say hello. I am from Oklahoma USA.

Howdy

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Offline Oculus

« Reply #1062 on: April 23, 2013, 11:31:31 pm »
Hello, I'm Kestutis from Lithuania. I'm actually a software engineer, but it always seemed like it's just not enough, something was missing in the equation and so, a little less then a year ago I got myself involved into electronics.

Started low with simple stuff until I stumbled upon arduino (yes that same arduino everyone most likely know). From there on I got literally hooked with micros, though I kind of hated the arduino IDE and the variation of C, so I decided that I would go for programming in vanilla C which I was fairly familiar with from work and everyday life, so I bought myself an ATJTagICE 3 and it was all fun and dandy until I found myself in need of USB controller on a µC and it so happened that I wasn't able to find a DIP packaged AVR chip for that purpose, not to mention the QFP and QFN ones having so much unneeded stuff on them in addition to the USB that it was an overkill. Simply put, I decided to go the PIC route for this and so, thought about buying a PICKit and needed some advice about buying it, what actually led me to this forum (Not to mention that I was a fan of EEVBlog on youtube from the day I got into electronics, even if that was not that long ago).

Offline BlueScreen

• Hello World
« Reply #1063 on: April 24, 2013, 04:07:15 pm »
Hello all,

My name is Glenn, and I am a 38 39 year old male person living in the little idyllic resthome town of Carterton, in New Zealand. (Map Reference: 41.0333° S, 175.5333° E).

I am repeating my High School education, slowly but surely, as I missed out on it first time round.

Take Care all.
Glenn.

Offline kkelley311

« Reply #1064 on: April 25, 2013, 08:13:07 am »
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

My name is Kevin Kelley.  I have recently gotten myself into a little electronics project and realized that I needed some advice.  That's how I wound up here.

I do have some experience with basic electronics.  I recently graduated from the University of Memphis in Memphis, TN with a BS in Mechanical Engineering and a second major in Physics.  But my experience with electronics does not extend far beyond basic electronics courses and physics courses taken in college.

I am open to advice and very much appreciate the time that those more knowledgeable spend giving said advice.

Thank you very much for having me!

Offline Memphis

• Contributor
  • In quantum theory, we are lost in space and time.
    • My personal YT channel
« Reply #1065 on: April 25, 2013, 11:16:32 am »
Hi,

My name is Tomas Kamenicky (Tom Stone in English  ;D). I am the development engineer of HW & SW. Already did a lot of projects and gained Ing. degree at Czech Technical University in Prague. I did study robotics, cybernetics, sensors and instrumentation techniques  >:D

If you interested more about my work (diploma, bachelor and company thesis/work) see my linked in page.

Also I love my car, and all cool stuff such as EEVblog  :-+
...sorry for my english :palm:

Offline Spiros

« Reply #1066 on: April 27, 2013, 10:13:02 am »
Hi eevblogers,

My name is Spiros and i am from Greece. I am an undergraduate student in Technological Educational Institute of Kavala, Greece. I study on Industrial Informatics.(includes electronics a bit and programming)

Offline SpectrHz

• Contributor
    • My blog
« Reply #1067 on: April 28, 2013, 11:30:59 pm »
My name is Emily, a maker and one who studies all aspects of science and engineering. I love Electronics, Mechanical engineering, Chemistry, Physics, jet technology and propulsion. And just about every aspect of science. At the moment I am studying Gunn diodes and Doppler radar transceivers like those used police radars and radar detectors. Also looking into building a Farnsworth Fusor or small linear Accelerator for silver activation. I also love lab glassware, I use it daily and the way it looks just makes me happy. :)  Currently looking for a nice old Lecroy digital oscilloscope to call my own and go with my Hitachi V-222 analog scope.

I have a Youtube channel if anyone is interested, but will probably use this website and blogspot more often that Youtube due to my horrendous internet.
https://www.youtube.com/user/spectrHz
http://spectrhz.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 02:39:02 am by SpectrHz »
My blog, Maker, Engineer, Physics girl

http://spectrhz.wordpress.com/

Offline Fuse_Burner

• Contributor
« Reply #1068 on: April 29, 2013, 12:41:11 am »
Hello from Jeff in the Appalachian foothills of Ohio  ;D

I'm not sure I need to post here to complete my registration (some forums require it), but I figured it couldn't hurt  :-+

My background is machining, 20 years of it, but the loss of manufacturing here forced me to finally close my shop.  During those years I was forced to trouble shoot machine controls vs waiting on repair companies, and I was pretty decent at it.  I also implemented CAD systems and local intranets for program generation and storage.  In fact, I struggled as a youngster whether to go mechanical or electrical in HS, both motivated me, but in the end I chose machining and got a 2 year vocational card in machining.  It served me well, and I absolutely love machining, but as my banker told me when I closed the shop ....... I was making buggy whips in the 21st century!

College was never really a choice back then, but now here I am studying for an AAS in electronics ........... so go figure  :-//

Offline Keef Wivanef

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #1069 on: May 02, 2013, 07:53:50 am »
Hello
I'm a little teapot.
I are an engineer as well.
I know bullshit when I smell it.

:-DD

Offline Korken

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1070 on: May 03, 2013, 10:33:11 am »
Hi there!

My name is Emil Fresk, 24 years old and I'm from the most northern parts of Sweden in Luleå (at the Luleå University of Technology) where I have just finished my Masters degree in Engineering Physics and Electrical Engineering (major in EE and Control Theory).
I will start my PhD in UAVs starting this autumn and I'm really looking forward to it!

I really like electronics and will continue with it for a long time!

Offline Volther

« Reply #1071 on: May 03, 2013, 11:39:06 am »
Hi, my name is Hadrien and i'm from belgium...

I have recently concluded my high school studies in bio-electronics.
i'm here to find some tips for my personnal projet and also upgrade my english...

Sorry, bad english, toussa toussa...

Offline glatocha

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1072 on: May 04, 2013, 02:19:28 am »
Hi all,

I am a professional automation engineer and in my free time I do some electronics.
greetings for all

Offline keitheevblog

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1073 on: May 04, 2013, 03:42:06 am »
Greetings fellow electronics freaks from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

My name is Keith and I do SQA by day, and run a retro-computing-ish blog at http://www.techtravels.org for those interested.

My main interests lie in the Commodore Amiga but also in FPGAs, especially when it comes to emulating/simulating/reimplementing old computers.

Offline garfunx

« Reply #1074 on: May 05, 2013, 03:46:00 pm »
Hi,

I'm Vincent, and I work with Linux embedded systems.

I also like to develop digital art project with artist friends.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf