Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1497500 times)

Offline Sebzy

• Contributor
Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #1000 on: March 24, 2013, 04:13:34 pm »
Well I'm from Ireland and started off in the 90's after completing two and a half years of EE. First job was as a repair technician fixing up old valve radios in a shop called Clifford's Radio here in Dublin. I'm currently teaching electronics in several open community based programs.

Always eager to learn more and the discovery of EEVBlog was amazing.

Offline PhilA

« Reply #1001 on: March 24, 2013, 08:07:30 pm »
Howdy,

I'm Phil from Southeast Louisiana. I work as Network Administrator for the local phone co./ISP. General purpose tinkerer/hack :)

Started out with battery operated electrics at a young age, introduced to computers at age 8 at the college my dad was lecturing at (Sinclair ZX81, incidentally now own that very computer), started to understand electronics at around the same age with a Tandy 50-in-1 kit, various other oddments, then on to Sinclair Spectrum territory, BBC B at school, onward and upward.
Wife says I own too many 'scopes (4). I have a Tektronix 585a back in the UK because it was too big and heavy to ship; a little Beckman Industrial that I bought here out of necessity, and now a Tektronix 464 and HP 1741A which came at the best price of free from work, written off by the accounting department.

Aside from tinkering with electronics, I enjoy working with my Arduino, absolutely love working with my cars. One of my cars comes from an era of microcomputers that I can understand (1987), tinkering with the fuel/spark computer on that keeps me busy.

Was pointed at EEVblog by a friend of mine after I started to ramble on about calibrating my 464...

Nice to meet y'all!

--Phil

Offline Jdansti

« Reply #1002 on: March 25, 2013, 05:46:06 am »
Hi, y'all!  I'm John from SE Texas and I'm 50, my favorite color is blue and I like to take long walks on the beach.  ;)

I grew up playing with electronics. My dad is an EE and us kids always had access to a soldering iron, a meter, and cigar boxes full of parts. I was soldering before I could write my name. I took some electronics classes in high school and college, but ended up graduating with a BS in Environmental Management.  I manage hazardous waste cleanup sites, and my background in electronics has helped me with a lot of electrical related problems at work.

Lately I've been building guitar effects. I couldn't afford these when i was a kid growing up in the 70's and didn't even think about building them. The information wasn't as ubiquitous as it is today and there was no Internet. I get most of my information and help over at diystompboxes.com (I hope it's ok to say that. I don't want to spam, and i have no interest in that site other than I really like it).

So I registered here mainly to help round out my knowledge of electronics. I look forward to checking out the site.

Offline megahz

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1003 on: March 27, 2013, 12:11:42 am »
Hello! I'm Saul, I am a sophomore in high school, and am planning on going to Drexel for electromechanial engineering, and I love doing DIY electrical projects.

Offline geekygenius

« Reply #1004 on: March 29, 2013, 05:31:17 am »
Hi, I am a high school student living near Seattle, Washington. I am interested in audio electronics, including modular synths, EQs and amplifiers. I found Dave when I was looking for reviews on my first multimeter I got. I also do some computer programming, so getting an Arduino was pretty neat for me. I've spent hours watching the EEVBlog, and look forward to watching many more and learning about electronics!

Offline jorgerocha

« Reply #1005 on: March 29, 2013, 06:00:55 am »
Hi, i'm Jorge from Portugal, and like to make electronic things  :-DMM

Offline casper.bang

• Frequent Contributor
  • Pro SE, amateur EE.
    • BangBits
« Reply #1006 on: March 29, 2013, 10:18:45 am »
Hey there. I'm Casper, from Denmark. I'm a 34 year old software engineer who grew up like so many other geeks, taking things apart and tinkering, eventually making my way into electronics. After college I opted to go the software route though, since getting parts and equipment is a non-issue. I'm now slowly rediscovering my passion for electronics, primarily driven by interfacing with computers and home automation. Dave's enthusiastic style and excellent walk-throughs have me spending a lot of time on youtube lately while the wife is watching TV; making this a win-win situation. :D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 10:21:40 am by casper.bang »

Offline TheSoundshark

« Reply #1007 on: March 29, 2013, 02:48:23 pm »
Hi all im Anthony im 29 from the uk and and electronics nut totally self taught my second love is audio and lighting equipment which spawned im interest in electronics. I run an audio and lighting rental and repair company here in the uk along with a mobile phone and computer repair shop. Iv been watching eevblog for around 2 years now right back to when dave installed his extra work top in his garage at home.

Look forward to chatting to you all and watching many more of dave's great videos.
dyrryy

Offline robthegeek

« Reply #1008 on: March 29, 2013, 04:26:52 pm »
Hello, I'm Rob from the US. I have recently started an interest in better understanding electronics. I have an associates degree in Computer and Networking Systems from Pittsburgh Technical Institute in 2003. I live at home on disability so I have plenty of time on my hands to learn new things.

I haven't created many passive circuits and the ones I did were with lots of reference and were small. I have fooled with 555 timers, Led lighting, Ardunio, Shift Registers, made a small basic laser light effects show once. So, I am very much a beginner. Looking forward to picking brains in the future.
- Robthegeek -

abhishek7xavier

« Reply #1009 on: March 29, 2013, 07:20:55 pm »
Hi,this is abhishek kumar from india.
I am a student and an electronics hobbyist.
You can check my blog at embeddedfortheevil.wordpress.com

Offline Eviltech

• Contributor
« Reply #1010 on: March 29, 2013, 08:38:32 pm »
Hi, I'm Vasil from Bulgaria. I'm currently a student in the Technical University Sofia, but at the Plovdiv branch. Specialty - Automation information and controll technologies. I have been in to electronics for about 12-15 years. It's nice to be here!

Offline RPBCACUEAIIBH

• Contributor
« Reply #1011 on: March 29, 2013, 08:44:51 pm »
Hi all!

I'm from Romania, I'm a student studying mechatronics, at last year (hopefully)... :S:P I like the electronics and programming part, I don't really like mechanics. Ok, I like mechanics as well, but not the calculating part... :P
My hobby is to design new circuits with microcontrollers and 74series logic mostly. I have and Arduino pro mini, a Basys 2 FPGA board and lost count how many ATTiny microcontrollers in various half made projects and tons of home made and/or modified and recycled working things... As for other equipment, I don't have any good equipment, I struggle with a few cheep Chinese, but I learned to use them well... :)
What I don't like is sport, and paperwork... (You see why I hate being student... :P Don't misunderstand this, I'm glad to be still a student, because I would never heard of FPGA and microcontrollers if I wouldn't be here, but I probably will not start one more university...)
I found EEVblog quiet a long time ago on youtube, but I didn't registered to the forum because I don't really like to read much... Watching a video is a completely different thing... :P:)

Offline bogdan2013

• Regular Contributor
  • Always is someone better than you !
« Reply #1012 on: March 30, 2013, 12:10:07 am »
Hi all !
My name is Bogdan . I'm 16 years old and I'm from Romania . I love the electronics and for that I'm more away than school subject . At school we learn about basic active components (transistors , diodes) lol and some basics logic circuits , how are be MUX / DEMUX , 7 segment decodifier . In this moment I'm working with microcontrollers (mega32) . My first advanced project will be a simple PSU with adjustable voltage based on microcontroller .
I found the EEVBlog from youtube when I searched reviews of some oscilloscopes .

Offline GamerAndds

• Regular Contributor
  • We always learn, its our nature.
    • 2000 watt amp
« Reply #1013 on: March 30, 2013, 06:40:18 am »
Hello world :)
My name is Andre and I Live in Canada. I am currently still in high school as of the time I started on the forms, but plan to become an electrical engineer when older. I am currently working on my first big project, a 2000 Watt amp with supply rails +/- 86 volts, but this is not the first time working with such high voltages and current as microwaves are fun to discharge.....  ^-^ . That's just part of me..... O0

Offline Kernel

• Contributor
« Reply #1014 on: March 30, 2013, 07:10:10 am »
Hi!
I'm Nick, 22 years old, live in Melbourne, studying Computer Systems Engineering at RMIT.
DeeperDarkest on Youtube.
When I was 3 or 4, my brother and I blew up the home PC by switching the PSU from 220 to 110. Have been interested in Electricity and Electronics ever since.
I've already watched several EEVBlog vids and it has inspired me to decide to advance my working knowledge, and start building a few simple things.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 08:12:11 am by Kernel »

Offline TheCrazyRichard

• Contributor
  • If you're bored, go design a computer!
« Reply #1015 on: March 30, 2013, 11:32:47 am »
Hi!
I'm Richard and i live in Czech Republic (somewhere in the central Europe), I'm 16 and I'm studying some highscool, which is oriented to 'global network technologies' but we don't do anything like that, we mostly do just some basic electronics like opamps, transistors, and we're gonna use PIC's and dsPIC's aswell.

I'm interested in computers (all sorts of), CPU/microcontroller design (just some crappy simple concepts), FPGA's (even though I haven't got any FPGA devkit yet, but simulations of my designs kinda work), and also most of the other general electronics stuff.

I've found the EEVblog while browsing youtube when i was ill and had nothing to do, and i found Dave's videos just more than awesome!

--Richard

Offline thegermanstig

« Reply #1016 on: March 30, 2013, 11:50:30 am »
Hello I am Lars from Germany,

I have been following the EEVblog for quite some time now and thought it would be fun to join the forum.
I am studying Electronics Engineering in my last semester and am soon going to graduate as a Bachelor.
Dave's blog is very inspiring and I am always looking for new things to learn.

Cheers.

Offline Ribster

• Frequent Contributor
  • Electronics prototyper. Design. Prototype. Consult
    • Ash Labs
« Reply #1017 on: March 30, 2013, 06:16:34 pm »
Hey there,

I'm Robbe, 23yrs old. Working 5 years now, and studying at the same time.
My background is elektromechanics, but kinda got sucked into electronics.
EEVblog inspired me a lot!

Currently working on a project for school to finish my degree.
It's a solar follower, that's controlled by PLC.
I made a totally dedicated module that drives 2 stepper motors that communicates with the plc.

Some home automation projects are also coming out soon

Well, that's it. I'm happy to be on the forum.
See you around!

Greets
www.ashlabs.be
Design and manufacturing of embedded hard- and software

Offline ZeroStatic

• Contributor
« Reply #1018 on: March 30, 2013, 07:34:37 pm »
Hi All. :)

I'm Brenden in Queensland, Australia.

I've been doing electronics for 30+ years and found the EEVBlog for some entertainment, distraction.
I'll be checking to the forums from time to time to help where possible.
My major work is in PIC micros with 15+ years experience.

Keep up the good work Dave, it would be nice to see the PSU project get finished sooner rather than later.

Brenden

Offline rstevenson

« Reply #1019 on: March 30, 2013, 09:37:14 pm »
Hey all!

I'm Ryan from Canada! I am just graduating from Mechatronics Engineering. My friend told me about this forum, so here I am!

Cheers!

Offline oscu

« Reply #1020 on: March 31, 2013, 12:54:15 am »
Hello all!

My name is Oskar and I live in Sweden. Electronics has been a hobby since I was young. I used to build tube guitar amps, but in recent years I have moved to smaller projects and safer voltages. Currently studying electrical engineering.

Offline BT BOB

« Reply #1021 on: March 31, 2013, 01:50:51 am »
Hello from the eastern shore of Maryland, Delmarva and beyond.

Bobs my name and I make a living by working on controls and instrumentation used in food processing plants, waste treatment facility's, water treatment plants or any other place that will have me. I started out as a boiler tech in the US Navy working on pneumatic controls and other instruments. I get to play with a lot of calibration equipment on the job. At home I will work on anything I can get my hands on. Just ordered a  Instek GDS-1102A-U 'scope from Tequipment this weekend 10% off a sale price (ended up around $474 to my door.) cant wait for it to come in so I can play with it and use it to 'shoot my 2236 Textronix.

Offline Sander

• Contributor
« Reply #1022 on: March 31, 2013, 08:28:13 pm »
Hello EEVBlog community,

My name is Sander, 23 years old, living in Hoorn (a city about 30 kilometers north of Amsterdam). I started with electronics at a young age, playing with batteries and bicycle light bulbs. Things got serious when I started model railroading and building audio amplifiers. Eventually I ended up taking engineering classes at the University of Applied Sciences in Alkmaar, which I am currently finishing.

Besides the above, I’m a voluntary lifeboat captain/commander and I like to spend time in the climbing gym (or the Alps, or anywhere they’ve got rocks and/or boulders).

Cheers,
Sander

Offline RiverTown

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1023 on: April 02, 2013, 08:50:49 pm »
Hi everyone,
I’m Marin, 20 years old, from Croatia. I’m 2nd year EE student. Electronics has been my hobby for almost 7 years. I’m also an active member of local electronics forum elektronika.ba.
I have been following the EEVblog forum and videos for quite some time but, until now, never as registered user. Mostly because of language, I’m not very good in writing English.

Offline NeoRecasata

« Reply #1024 on: April 03, 2013, 04:09:14 am »
Hello EEV bloggers, i'm Franco Neo Recasata, i'm from Philippines i'm 11 Years old,living in Quezon City, I learned Electronics from the internet specially from You tube i was interested in Electrical Engineering when i was 10 years old,Sanwa CD800a was my first   :-DMM
Average electronics hobbyist for 8 years

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf