Author Topic: Sugested use of micro camera on Amazon - Improper?  (Read 3637 times)

Offline xrunnerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
Sugested use of micro camera on Amazon - Improper?
« on: August 04, 2017, 11:35:19 am »
Is this suggested use improper? In case for some reason anyone doesn't know, that's a bathroom stall shown.

Amazon Micro Camera

« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 01:10:34 pm by xrunner »
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
Re: Sugested use of micro camera on Amazon - Improper?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 12:34:47 pm »
This is likely to enforce rules about transgender people. Or identify other rule transgressors. When jobs are going away, and health insurance system disintegrating, you need to disqualify as many people as possible from being qualified to get them. Then set up hospital to prison pipeline for those who lie on applications, for example, by not telling about previous diagnosis or lying about age to get benefits not qualified for.

Each prisoner is worth $50,000 to $80,000 a year to some corporation.  (Plus then they don't get to vote!)

With money so tight, every little bit counts.

Stealing food is a crime too.  If we pollute enough, air will be metered, and stealing it will be a crime.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 12:37:31 pm by cdev »
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

The following users thanked this post: boffin

Offline ElektronikLabor

• Regular Contributor
    • YouTube: ElektronikLabor
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 12:42:00 pm »
As I can see most of the reviews and questions are satirical and/or fake.

... everyone, even the seller, knows what that cam is made for :palm:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 12:46:28 pm by ElektronikLabor »

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 03:39:32 pm »
I dont know about the US but here in the UK such a camera use would be illegal ant the person who used it behind bars, have to wonder about picture quality though, I know someone who put up expensive cameras in his yard for security purpose when his truck got stolen at night he could not even read the number plate on it let alone use the pictures to identify the thieves. 

Offline tronde

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 09:13:52 pm »
Don't try this in Europe...

The camera itself can be OK. I have one quite similar and affixed it to one of those telecopic mirrors used to find small things lost behind something. The camera and a white LED and a cheap rear view monitor has proved itself usable several times.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 04:40:29 am »
I do very much have an issue with them showing it being used in a bathroom stall. That kind of advertising is wrong, showing it being used there.

The only place I would use a hidden camera is for security in my own home or business, as part of a burglar alarm. And it would only be activated when there was some triggering event, like activity or a door or window being opened when it shouldn't be.

Its a sad time when people are so out of touch with life and their own humanity that they spy on others.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 07:00:08 pm by cdev »
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline nharrer

• Contributor
    • Netzgewitter
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 02:21:10 pm »
I dont know about the US but here in the UK such a camera use would be illegal ant the person who used it behind bars, have to wonder about picture quality though, I know someone who put up expensive cameras in his yard for security purpose when his truck got stolen at night he could not even read the number plate on it let alone use the pictures to identify the thieves.

Yes indeed. I always get upset when I see stuff like this in movies or TV (yes, CSI, I am looking at you). They start out with surveillance footage which looks like it was copied 10x on VHS. Then they zoom in on a person's eye and identify a license plate from the reflection in that person's eye.  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: tooki, nugglix

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 06:20:58 pm »
Modern cameras are a way better bet than old ones. Friend had a "visitor", and when the police came he showed them the footage, which resulted in " Hey, that's George, we nabbed him last night for another theft of property, so will add this to the sheet as well". He just had to go ID his stuff where they had found it in the bushes. IR camera is great at night, look up crime watch on YT for footage.

Offline mib

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2017, 06:50:39 pm »
Someone really should report it to amazon as they're pretty good at eliminating sellers that sell illegal stuff or promote illegal use of products. I don't see the 'report product' link that I get on amazon UK. I guess you need to be logged in for that, or maybe amazon US don't care?

The reviews/questions are funny, but the responses show the seller knows exactly what the product is really for. Anyone selling this sort of stuff really shouldn't get away with it.

Offline Nusa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2017, 06:59:13 pm »
Then again, all the picture shows is wall tile and a door that is similar to those found in bathrooms. It doesn't prove it actually is a bathroom. The connection is in your mind, not in actual evidence.

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2017, 08:28:45 pm »
Then again, all the picture shows is wall tile and a door that is similar to those found in bathrooms. It doesn't prove it actually is a bathroom. The connection is in your mind, not in actual evidence.

Right. It could easily be a changing cubicle in a public swimming pool...  ::)

Offline xrunnerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2017, 10:24:49 pm »

Yea it's just a suggested use. It just happens to look like almost every bathroom stall hardware I've ever seen, but that's the connection in my mind I guess. Wink wink nudge nudge ...

LOL.

https://youtu.be/AGrvQ1c5khU
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Online Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2017, 10:40:46 pm »
I'd bet they also do one that looks like a laces grommet on a pair of trainers.   :-- Rule 34 applies . . . .  |O

It could be legitimately used in offices or shared accommodation with fitted cupboards using similar hardware to sere who's pilfering stuff, but that's not the way to bet.  OTOH it may even be a sting - buy one and get investigated by your local law enforcement.  That would get a few pervs off the street . . . .  :popcorn:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 10:45:55 pm by Ian.M »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf