Author Topic: flip flops  (Read 919 times)

Offline themadhippyTopic starter

• Super Contributor
flip flops
« on: July 04, 2024, 04:46:01 pm »
Ever wondered what a flip flop is,what it does or how it works? CPC  have all the answers
https://cpc.farnell.com/c/electronic-electrical-components/semiconductors-ics/logic/flip-flops?searchref=searchlookahead

The following users thanked this post: tom66, amyk, xrunner, thm_w, Ian.M, tooki, ledtester, MK14, BrianHG, woofy, Exosia, MLi, xvr

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
Re: flip flops
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2024, 05:33:43 pm »
Is it because some smart alec, used AI to generate the descriptions?

Was it an intentional, humorous mistake?

Or do they employ, possibly unsuitable people?

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2024, 06:33:30 pm »
Damn, they don't have my size.

The following users thanked this post: tom66, tooki, Exosia

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2024, 08:40:08 pm »
Flip flops:
Step into summer with style and comfort with our range of flip flops. Whether you're heading to the beach or strolling around town, our flip flops are the perfect footwear choice. Made from high-quality materials, they are durable and built to last. With a variety of colours and designs to choose from, you can find the perfect pair to match your unique style. The non-slip sole provides excellent traction, ensuring stability on any surface. Lightweight and easy to slip on, our flip flops offer all-day comfort. Don't miss out on the best price for flip flops. Order yours today and step into summer with confidence.

Counters:
Upgrade your counting game with our top-of-the-line Counters. Designed with precision and accuracy in mind, these Counters will revolutionise the way you keep track of numbers. Whether you're in the manufacturing industry or conducting scientific experiments, our Counters are the perfect tool for counting tasks of any scale. With a wide range of Counters from industry-leading brands, you can trust that our selection is of the highest quality. Don't settle for subpar counting tools when you can have the best. Order your Counters today from CPC and enjoy unbeatable prices. Elevate your counting efficiency with our premium Counters now!

Level-shifter:
Upgrade your electronic circuits with our high-quality Level Shifters. Designed to seamlessly convert voltage levels, these Level Shifters ensure smooth communication between different components. With a wide range of Level Shifters from industry-leading brands, you'll find the perfect solution for your project at CPC. Whether you're working on IoT devices or robotics, our Level Shifters deliver reliable performance and accurate voltage translation. Say goodbye to compatibility issues and streamline your designs with ease. Order your Level Shifters today and enjoy the best price in the market. Trust CPC for all your electronic needs.

Definitely looks like some AI generated garbage, but they have the british english spellings and terms, and some are clearly manually written:

Discover driver and interface ICs right here at CPC, and all from trusted manufacturers. Find a vast range of driver ICs as well as interface ICs for all project circuit designs. Shop for CAN bus devices, I/O expanders, MOSFET drivers, LED drivers and more. What's more, order yours by 7pm Monday - Friday, and we will dispatch it the same day.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

The following users thanked this post: Alex Eisenhut, MK14, xvr

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2024, 08:46:48 pm »
Definitely looks like some AI generated garbage, but they have the british english spellings and terms, and some are clearly manually written:

Thanks, for finding/working it out.  That is VERY interesting.

I suspect, we will see a lot more of these 'AI' generated things, in all sorts of other, real-life things, such as websites, maybe even books etc.

E.g. (Hypothetically), AI generated (lazy!), instruction manuals.  which are even worse, than the (sometimes) Chinglish instruction manuals, we already sometimes see.

Hypothetical example:

Congratulations on buying your new, 74 series Flip-flops.
There are 2 pairs of these (4 in a package), so they are only suitable for twins, and as they are the through-hole version, please don't try to put them on, in a surface mounted way.
Don't wear these flip-flops in the rain, as they are not moisture rated.
You can get any colour you like, in this range of flip-flops, as long as it is Black.
They are available in all shoe shops, as well as CPC and Digi-Key.

EDIT: To minimize any risk of causing offense, to anyone.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2024, 09:06:05 pm by MK14 »

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2024, 11:55:22 pm »
Welcome to idiocracy. ;D

The following users thanked this post: MK14

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2024, 01:03:55 am »
Ever wondered what a flip flop is,what it does or how it works? CPC  have all the answers
https://cpc.farnell.com/c/electronic-electrical-components/semiconductors-ics/logic/flip-flops?searchref=searchlookahead

Now you know why Aussies call the footwear "thongs".
That, & of course, the bonus in that it embarrasses Americans.---"win-win".
When I was young, we made flip-flops using 12AT7s, or for a special bonus, 6SN7GTs! ;D
« Last Edit: July 06, 2024, 01:05:46 am by vk6zgo »

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2024, 01:07:03 am »

:-DD I think it's pretty funny if they allow some basic part to be described like that.
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline abeyer

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2024, 06:51:02 am »
Step into summer with style and comfort with our range of flip flops. Whether you're heading to the beach or strolling around town, our flip flops are the perfect footwear choice. Made from high-quality materials, they are durable and built to last. With a variety of colours and designs to choose from, you can find the perfect pair to match your unique style. The non-slip sole provides excellent traction, ensuring stability on any surface. Lightweight and easy to slip on, our flip flops offer all-day comfort. Don't miss out on the best price for flip flops. Order yours today and step into summer with confidence.

I'll do them one better when I step into summer with a pair of 7473's as my footwear. Style, comfort, and four bits of storage.

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2024, 03:01:12 pm »
I'll do them one better when I step into summer with a pair of 7473's as my footwear. Style, comfort, and four bits of storage.

I normally throw out those 4 bits, which are usually tiny stones, that NIBBLE away and hurt my feet.
Ok, I'll collect my coat on the way out, and grab HALF-a-byte-to-eat...

The following users thanked this post: shakalnokturn

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2024, 07:07:48 am »
Before AI, I'd just think someone was bored and taking the mickey, but now I suspect it's definitely AI-generated content. I've already seen the latter, but more subtly wrong: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chatgptai/ai-generated-lies-in-datasheet-search-results/

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf