Author Topic: 'Master' and 'slave': Tech terms face scrutiny amid anti-racism efforts  (Read 146030 times)

Offline paulca

• Super Contributor
Re: 'Master' and 'slave': Tech terms face scrutiny amid anti-racism efforts
« Reply #1650 on: July 27, 2020, 08:48:10 am »
The regulators need to do something about the cheap crappy kind which flicker and don't meet their specifications.

The US need to do something about their orange toddler who knows more than anybody, ever, to live about light bulbs and believes that everyone should use incandescent because they make him look less orange.
"What could possibly go wrong?"
Current Open Projects:  STM32F411RE+ESP32+TFT for home IoT (NoT) projects.  Child's advent xmas countdown toy.  Digital audio routing board.

Offline GeorgeOfTheJungle

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #1651 on: July 27, 2020, 09:39:30 am »
The US need to do something about their orange toddler who knows more than anybody, ever, to live about light bulbs and believes that everyone should use incandescent because they make him look less orange.

Yo! Prejudices against orange people... ain't racism?!?
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1652 on: July 27, 2020, 10:14:51 am »

No, because he's orange, not brown.  :palm:

Offline paulca

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1653 on: July 27, 2020, 10:23:22 am »

No.  Because he chooses to be orange.  It's fake tan.

Although you have me on prejudice towards incompetent, simpleton, morons in high positions of authority.
Current Open Projects:  STM32F411RE+ESP32+TFT for home IoT (NoT) projects.  Child's advent xmas countdown toy.  Digital audio routing board.

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #1654 on: July 27, 2020, 10:41:21 am »
Although you have me on prejudice towards incompetent, simpleton, morons in high positions of authority.

#MeToo, and it's not because they were black :-)
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk

Offline paulca

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1655 on: July 27, 2020, 01:34:42 pm »

If you are referring to Obama I think you would find it hard to get a qualified person to say that Obama was not a stable, educated, intelligent, man.  Where as you will find it hard to find someone qualified to claim the same of the current mentally unstable imbecile.

I honestly suggest and hope, for us all, across the globe, that you get rid of that man before he completes his goal to become "King" with full 100% authority over the whole USA, before he refuses to leave office or denies the election as fake news if he is voted out.  In case you haven't noticed he has already deployed the troops and is already eroding your democracy in front of your eyes.

/off topic

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #1656 on: July 27, 2020, 02:09:53 pm »
In case you haven't noticed he has already deployed the troops and is already eroding your democracy in front of your eyes.

Should have asked politely "Hey guys, can you stop it please?". Except that the democrat city mayors were themselves in and fueling the riots, arsons, lootings, destruction, shootings and assassinations (28 dead).

Offline SerieZ

• Regular Contributor
  • Zap!
« Reply #1657 on: July 27, 2020, 02:14:08 pm »

If you are referring to Obama I think you would find it hard to get a qualified person to say that Obama was not a stable, educated, intelligent, man.  Where as you will find it hard to find someone qualified to claim the same of the current mentally unstable imbecile.

I honestly suggest and hope, for us all, across the globe, that you get rid of that man before he completes his goal to become "King" with full 100% authority over the whole USA, before he refuses to leave office or denies the election as fake news if he is voted out.  In case you haven't noticed he has already deployed the troops and is already eroding your democracy in front of your eyes.

/off topic

The Erosion of American Democracy did not start with Trump... I point that mainly to the White Bush Administration and the Black Bush Administration just continued it.
Im glad they did not vote the woman Bush but at what a price Indeed.  :-DD
As easy as paint by number.

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1658 on: July 27, 2020, 02:16:33 pm »
Both Obama and Tump have done some good/bad things. It's true Trump is widely regarded as an arsehole, but that doesn't make him a bad president.

Anyway, this is off-topic. Pack it in, before this thread gets locked.

Offline SerieZ

• Regular Contributor
  • Zap!
« Reply #1659 on: July 27, 2020, 02:31:22 pm »
Both Obama and Tump have done some good/bad things. It's true Trump is widely regarded as an arsehole, but that doesn't make him a bad president.

I agree but I have to get this thought I just had out regarding what Paulca said before.

I think it seems by now neither side is going to accept coming election results. No matter what happens.
Isn't it an hilarious jest by nature to bring in a global Pandemic now, triggering all the Zombie Survivalist US Citizens to arm up?
Spicy times and a stark reminder we are merely living in the middle of History.  :o

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #1660 on: July 27, 2020, 02:44:26 pm »

I agree but I have to get this thought I just had out regarding what Paulca said before.

I think it seems by now neither side is going to accept coming election results. No matter what happens.
Isn't it an hilarious jest by nature to bring in a global Pandemic now, triggering all the Zombie Survivalist US Citizens to arm up?
Spicy times and a stark reminder we are merely living in the middle of History.  :o

No wonder!

There's already a country in Europe in which the votes count is supervised by a company that belongs to none other than... George Soros.

Edit: Sorry, it seems that was fake news. The company I was referring to is Indra, and the country Spain, but Soros' share has never been more than 0.7%, and now it's close to none.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 03:30:35 pm by GeorgeOfTheJungle »

Offline SerieZ

• Regular Contributor
  • Zap!
« Reply #1661 on: July 27, 2020, 02:48:39 pm »

No wonder!

There's already a country in Europe in which the votes count is supervised by a company that belongs to none other than... George Soros.

I am always the first to hate on fat ugly people subverting nations but what country and which company?

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #1662 on: July 27, 2020, 03:28:59 pm »
I am always the first to hate on fat ugly people subverting nations but what country and which company?

Sorry, it was fake news. See above, I've edited my prior msg.

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1663 on: July 27, 2020, 03:32:30 pm »

Edit: Sorry, it seems that was fake news. The company I was referring to is Indra, and the country Spain, but Soros' share has never been more than 0.7%, and now it's close to none.
Putting vote counting in the hands of any private organisation is like saying "Who cares?" about the outcome.

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1664 on: July 27, 2020, 04:58:27 pm »

No wonder!

Nice work, another airhead conspiracy theory bites the dust!  :D

Offline paulca

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1665 on: July 27, 2020, 04:58:50 pm »
How hated is this guy?  He's nuts, but he makes some sense, frighteningly.

https://youtu.be/Vknhe2CbvmI?t=590

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1666 on: July 27, 2020, 05:01:37 pm »
I really wish there weren't so many phony conspiracy theories and fake news articles floating around. Every now and then there is something genuinely shady going on or even a kernel of truth behind some of the articles but most of it is complete hogwash which tends to overshadow any bits of truth.

The following users thanked this post: SilverSolder

Offline paulca

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1667 on: July 27, 2020, 05:08:25 pm »
I really wish there weren't so many phony conspiracy theories and fake news articles floating around. Every now and then there is something genuinely shady going on or even a kernel of truth behind some of the articles but most of it is complete hogwash which tends to overshadow any bits of truth.

Social media.  As to how, why, will it pass?  F.. knows.  It's echo chamber mechanics.  Cultural influences take time to propagate properly, but will initially exist in enclosed echo chambers.  To defeat it, we need to break down those echo chambers.... but they are the core of social media "reward" mechanics that keeps everyone watching adverts.

EDIT:  The trouble is it's expanding out of social media into real world face to face, with real guns and real deaths.  Rewards mechanics.  I get more likes on social media if I get shot in the face by a storm trooper.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 05:12:06 pm by paulca »

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1668 on: July 27, 2020, 05:21:55 pm »

Social media.  As to how, why, will it pass?  F.. knows.  It's echo chamber mechanics.  Cultural influences take time to propagate properly, but will initially exist in enclosed echo chambers.  To defeat it, we need to break down those echo chambers.... but they are the core of social media "reward" mechanics that keeps everyone watching adverts.

EDIT:  The trouble is it's expanding out of social media into real world face to face, with real guns and real deaths.  Rewards mechanics.  I get more likes on social media if I get shot in the face by a storm trooper.
Social media is bad, but you can't blame it all on them. The main stream media have lost all touch with reality. They don't report what happened. They report what they would like to have happened. Its all about the narrative.

The following users thanked this post: maginnovision

Offline vodka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1669 on: July 27, 2020, 06:22:04 pm »

No wonder!

If "Falconetti" is the sugarboy of the Soros

"Sánchez has met more times with Soros and his clan since he became president than with Pablo Casado(opponent)."

https://translate.google.es/translate?hl=es&sl=es&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fokdiario.com%2Finvestigacion%2Fpedro-sanchez-reunido-mas-veces-george-soros-clan-desde-que-presidente-que-pablo-casado-5156849

Online PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1670 on: July 27, 2020, 07:51:22 pm »
Nice work, another airhead conspiracy theory bites the dust!  :D

For every one he has to admit is fake, he has three or four insinuations standing by to replace it.

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1671 on: July 27, 2020, 07:58:26 pm »

Social media is bad, but you can't blame it all on them. The main stream media have lost all touch with reality. They don't report what happened. They report what they would like to have happened. Its all about the narrative.

It used to be the case that by "knowing" a particular newspaper's politics, you also knew the lens through which they were looking at everything - right or left.

With social media, you never know which BS filter to apply...

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1672 on: July 27, 2020, 08:46:17 pm »
It used to be the case that by "knowing" a particular newspaper's politics, you also knew the lens through which they were looking at everything - right or left.

This is true. Things used to be this way. That's because the media used to think they needed to be grounded in the truth, and could only apply bias. Now they know that they can get away with making things up wholesale, and they do. When you see something in the media it may have nothing whatsoever to do with real events. Its just like social media. We are in an age of narrative driven fiction.

The following users thanked this post: SilverSolder

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1673 on: July 27, 2020, 09:43:23 pm »

This is true. Things used to be this way. That's because the media used to think they needed to be grounded in the truth, and could only apply bias. Now they know that they can get away with making things up wholesale, and they do. When you see something in the media it may have nothing whatsoever to do with real events. Its just like social media. We are in an age of narrative driven fiction.

If I were a rich man (as the song goes), I would put together a team of smart, aggressive lawyers to go after media BS with various defamation lawsuits, to the point where it would get truly painful for the media moguls involved.  (Yes, I know, this is basically taking over what ought to be a government function of some kind.  But as government is no longer functional...)

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1674 on: July 27, 2020, 09:57:54 pm »
It frustrates me that most of the media is so biased, the mainstream outlets seem to be mostly left biased to varying degrees with the exception of Fox which is very right biased. It's interesting to read about the same events on both and note the often vastly different way they are presented. I can usually come away feeling like I have a reasonable grasp by reading both and trying to interpolate but it really would be nice if there was a reputable news outlet that would really strive to just present the dry facts and not try to spin it one way or the other. Probably wouldn't get the ratings though, conservatives would see unbiased news as liberal biased, while liberals would see the same news as conservative biased.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf