Author Topic: JYE Tech DSO-150 ("DSO SHELL"): mod to make firmware updates more convenient  (Read 2253 times)

Offline etiTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • MOD: a.k.a Unlokia, glossywhite, iamwhoiam etc
I had to update the firmware on my JYE Tech DSO-150 (aka "DSO SHELL") toy scope, and since it's quite the palaver to have to take it apart, solder bridge JP1 & JP2, connect wires to the UART etc, I made a crude mod to enable me to connect my "Bus Pirate" to the 'scope every time I want to repeat this firmware upgrade procedure. In order to facilitate the enabling of bootloader mode, to trigger the 'scope to enter the mode required to upgrade F/W, I soldered two tactile buttons on the end of flying leads (JP1 & JP2 need to be shorted when booting up to enter bootloader mode, so depressing the two tactile buttons accomplishes this); yes it's crude, but it works. I recycled a 10-pin IDC plug with ribbon cable, which is the exact plug "Bus Pirate" uses to interface, to connect the "Bus Pirate" to DSO-150.

In order to set the "Bus Pirate" in transparent UART bridge mode... well, I am sure you don't need me to hand-hold you on that trivial operation!  ;D

I apologise for the attached image quality; I tried to compress the pictures so I do not exceed the attachment limit.

Additionally, you may like how I use my "JOBY" cellphone tripod clamp to hold the 'scope, attached to my GorillaPod tripod. It really is VERY sturdy, and the clamps have a thick rubber coating which grips the 'scope VERY securely!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 01:20:08 am by eti »

The following users thanked this post: rust_collector, I wanted a rude username

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf