Author Topic: Is there anything more prone to procrastination that doing footprints?  (Read 1351 times)

Offline eecookTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I think that is probably when I watch Dave's videos the most so at least somebody is getting a benefit out of it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 12:12:38 am by eecook »
Nullius in verba

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
Yes footprints are evil, try altium because they have footprints for like.. 50% of your parts if you make moderately advanced designs.

You need two monitors etc. I thought about making a fucking caliper that I can hold up to the monitor that would scale with the monitor so I can see if my drawings are good etc. Like if it could scale between monitor.

Or something with google goggles. Because you don't need to be THAT precise unless you want no-failure during mass production.

Online T3sl4co1l

• Super Contributor
  • Expert, Analog Electronics, PCB Layout, EMC
    • Seven Transistor Labs
Sure.  I could procrastinate just listing all of them. ;D

Reviewing layout.
Writing standards.
Reading standards.
Writing reports.
Reading reports.

Tim
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electronic design, from concept to prototype.
Bringing a project to life?  Send me a message!

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
Is there anything more prone to procrastination that doing footprints?  I'm sure there is but we can talk about it later.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline langwadt

• Super Contributor
I'll do it tomorrow, it had to be done yesterday anyway

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
A friend of mine said he was a procrastinator. I said I had been meaning to tell him that, but I just kept putting it off.
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Online T3sl4co1l

• Super Contributor
  • Expert, Analog Electronics, PCB Layout, EMC
    • Seven Transistor Labs
The monthly meeting of Procrastinators Anonymous has been postponed to the next scheduled date. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Tim
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electronic design, from concept to prototype.
Bringing a project to life?  Send me a message!

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
The monthly meeting of Procrastinators Anonymous has been postponed to the next scheduled date. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Tim

You should be notified of any further delays by email. However, our secretary keeps delaying her scheduled vacation plans so we cannot guarantee this.
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline basinstreetdesign

• Frequent Contributor
Is there anything more prone to procrastination that doing footprints?  I'm sure there is but we can talk about it later.
:-DD
STAND BACK!  I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
Doing footprints is easy, where I tend to procrastinate is drilling/cutting/filing prototype enclosures and getting everything all buttoned up. That and refacting crappy but working code to make it more presentable.

Offline Rerouter

• Super Contributor
  • Question Everything... Except This Statement
Making footprints is the easy part of most of my projects, its generally things like precision circuits and switchmode converters, where you ideally want things as closely packed as possible, I generally end up duplicating things 4-5 times and laying out the same group multiple times to figure out the best way to do it.

Then there is in infinite slog of going over datasheets with a fine tooth comb to find every gotcha you can early,

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
That sounds like a good topic for a web article. I should write it up. Idk, maybe later.

Or, how about editing thread titles to fix spelling errors?
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline Gribo

• Frequent Contributor
Yes, there are few more things. Procedures, ECOs, NCRs.
 'What do we say to the death god?' 'Not today'
I am available for freelance work.

Offline AlfBaz

• Super Contributor
reserved

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
dude procedures can be fun to write because you need to think about psychology when you write them, their supposed to decrease management workload if used correctly.

footprints are literally doing lithography by hand. If you get a model it turns into verification which is easier, so long the cad program you use has a good ruler tool (not some weird shit like altium).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf