Author Topic: I wish all Chinese products were made with this care.  (Read 22054 times)

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
Re: I wish all Chinese products were made with this care.
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2015, 03:15:45 am »
Well, I guess I should have anticipated the pile of nonsense that would get dumped on a relatively open subject. But c'mon people, can you try and start your own subjects if you want to start bickering over politics and woowoo and other BS that has nothing to do with the original subject? Are you really all that inconsiderate?

Well, it's you that started the thread with 'probably propaganda'

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2015, 03:55:48 am »
So to get back on topic.

No Wiha screwdrivers or other brand name hand tools, fan to move air, no-name brand Chinese power supply for the assemblers. I'm sure there is some brand name stuff there but only when needed. Less money on tools more money for other stuff.

The quality of the build looks really good. I guess I should have a look on youtube for a crappy line to compare it to.

Offline LightagesTopic starter

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2015, 03:57:36 am »
Well, it's you that started the thread with 'probably propaganda'

And what does that have to do with nuclear disaster contamination from Japan causing thyroid problems in the US?  :palm: I posted a video showing a Chinese company trying to demonstrate the quality of their production. The propaganda would be the company possibly being shown in a better light than reality.

To try and get this back on topic:

I have gained much more respect for Chinese products the past few years. My latest cell phone is a Jiayu S3. It cost around $200 shipped to me from China and has impressed me quite a bit. It is well built, fast, and very functional. A Samsung Galaxy S6 costs around $1000 here right now. Even in the USA it is around $500. So my Chinese designed and built phone is a real bargain.

My Siglent SDG1025 is also a nice piece of equipment. It is well built and I am hard pressed to find fault with the build quality. Sure the firmware had problems when it was first released but Siglent has fixed almost every concern.

My Rigol DS1054Z is also a great bit of kit for the money. It is hard to beat.

On the other hand I have a pile of really bad Chinese made battery chargers that are basically fuses made to set off the lithium batteries they are supposed to recharge. There are so many garbage products that look the same on the market it is hard to tell which is good and which has re-used and fake parts. There are also numerous counterfeits you need to be on the alert for.

I am just happy to see Chinese products are improving, and many companies there are getting serious about quality and proper design. I think it won't be long before the majority there will get serious about firmware, software, and GUI design too. They did it for hardware. Just one more step.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 03:59:38 am by Lightages »

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2015, 04:42:16 am »
A Samsung Galaxy S6 costs around $1000 here right now. Even in the USA it is around $500. So my Chinese designed and built phone is a real bargain.

Korean also used to have low cost low quality products, and before that the Japanese. Once the Chineese quality will go up the prices will also go up and somebody else will cover the low end. Quality and service do cost money.

I don't mind the current situation where we have a wire range of prices so you can chose what fits your needs.

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2015, 05:02:59 am »
The two things I have recently (3-6 months) purchased are an led projector 1280x800 http://www.ebay.ca/itm/3D-Home-Theater-Multimedia-3000-Lumens-USB-HDMI-LED-Cinema-Projector-HD-1080P-TV-/111728895488?hash=item1a038fa600 and 3 of the action cams two 720 and one 1080 (SJcam)

The build quality on all the stuff is good (not great) quality caps are always an issue. In any case the SJcam seems to be the winner quality wise but the plastic on all of them is not bad. I'm using the projector daily and no issues. I have a similar one from two years ago and it's color quality sucks compared to this one. All of the stuff worked out of the box and was good value for money.

I wonder how many of these items are produced and shipped daily. Must be massive.

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2015, 05:28:54 am »
Any teardown pics of that projector?

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2015, 05:41:11 am »
Any teardown pics of that projector?

I planned to but it's hanging on the ceiling. I have shots of the older one, almost identical but the lcd is inferior.

Offline Mechanical Menace

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2015, 08:58:04 am »
What lead to the programming leading to similar results outside of China? I didn't know Victorian England was a communist state...

'X didn't cause Y because in the past Z caused X' is a fallacy.

Victorian England was just an example, current day almost everywhere has that same programming. Well except for maybe Bhutan if the media on the place is to be believed.

Anyway, it's interesting how you rush to defend communism.

Not defending communism, just doubting communism is the cause of something that has happened and continues to happen in places as diverse as China, India, the US, England, France, Germany, Mexico, Canada, Spain...

If the same thing happens throughout the world with only one or two of those places being communist then that can't be the cause. But the PRC and governments like we have here or in the US do have one thing in common though, a strong anti free trade corporatist agenda and policies put into action by politicians bought by those companies. Maybe that or another commonality is the cause of a common symptom? Or is that illogical reasoning somehow?
Second sexiest ugly bloke on the forum.
"Don't believe every quote you read on the internet, because I totally didn't say that."
~Albert Einstein

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2015, 11:30:40 am »
I think the interesting article below is also applicable to this thread:
http://profoundlydisconnected.com/foundation/bobblehead-mike/
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline VK3DRB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2015, 11:43:07 am »
...But the PRC and governments like we have here or in the US do have one thing in common though, a strong anti free trade corporatist agenda and policies put into action by politicians bought by those companies...

Absolutely.

Communism is used by the elite to control people for their own power, privilege and wealth.
Capitalism    is used by the elite to control people for their own power, privilege and wealth.
The two meet there.

The difference is in a communist system like that in China, Vietnam, Laos, or in North Korea, there is no free speech and all opposition is crushed, often brutally. But in capitalist system, you don't want to rock the boat too much either. Just ask Ralph Nader about what companies like General Motors will do to those who try to lobby to make cars safer that might affect shareholder profits.

I know where I'd rather live. And it isn't under a Marxist-Leninist or Maoist state.

Today, most people don't care as long as they can buy cheap stuff on eBay :palm:.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:45:04 am by VK3DRB »

Offline TheElectricChicken

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2015, 12:50:51 pm »
You only have to watch rt.com for a while to see all the real news that is suppressed in the USA and EU and AU. Saying there is free speech in any of these countries is bull$#%. You can't discuss anything. Plus the government is monitoring and spying on you all the time.

Communism is better for everything from food to space stations to getting married. Simple.

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2015, 02:04:30 pm »
If the same thing happens throughout the world with only one or two of those places being communist then that can't be the cause.

This is exactly the fallacy I pointed out earlier. Possibly it has many causes, communism is one of them.

Offline sync

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2015, 03:12:13 pm »
You only have to watch rt.com for a while to see all the real news that is suppressed in the USA and EU and AU. Saying there is free speech in any of these countries is bull$#%. You can't discuss anything. Plus the government is monitoring and spying on you all the time..

Ghostery found 10 trackers on www.rt.com:
ChartBeat/Analytics
DoubleClick/Advertising
Effective Measure/Analytics, Analytics
Google Analytics/Analytics, Analytics
LiveInternet/Analytics
Rambler/Beacons
ScoreCard Research Beacon/Beacons, Analytics
Statcounter/Analytics
TNS/Analytics
trueAnthem/Widgets
 :-DD :-DD :-DD

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2015, 03:38:45 pm »
You only have to watch rt.com for a while to see ...

RT is the new Pravda, don't fall for it.

It's a government owned tool to distribute propaganda and cherry picked news and view points to international audience.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)#Propaganda_and_related_issues

« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 03:42:15 pm by zapta »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2015, 04:41:17 pm »
It's a government owned tool to distribute propaganda and cherry picked news and view points to international audience.

You only say that because RT said it first.
http://www.rt.com/uk/216559-bbc-rt-budget-horrocks/

If government funding is bad, what about the BBC ? and since when does rich people buying and selling networks like toys make them less biased ?

BBC is complaining that Chinese news is better, as well as Russian, I guess if you're BBC everyone else would look good. Maybe they can get a help group together with all the aussie and yank media tycoons so they can all wine about how much better RT and CCTV are.

It would be priceless if there was one of the many protests and cars on fire and smashed windows and water cannons all around the media building at the same time they were having their meeting too. Because they always always ignore such things, even in famous cases where it is outside the building, and then they'd wonder why nobody watches.

Even News is better when it is made in China or Russia 8-) you can pick it up anywhere in the world for free too. Via satellite.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2015, 04:47:34 pm »
Ghostery found 10 trackers on www.rt.com:
ChartBeat/Analytics
DoubleClick/Advertising
Effective Measure/Analytics, Analytics
Google Analytics/Analytics, Analytics
LiveInternet/Analytics
Rambler/Beacons
ScoreCard Research Beacon/Beacons, Analytics
Statcounter/Analytics
TNS/Analytics
trueAnthem/Widgets
 :-DD :-DD :-DD

You must be watched more than most, because my Ghostery found only 8 trackers on www.rt.com
ChartBeat Analytics
DoubleClick Advertising
Effective Measure Analytics, Analytics
Google Analytics Analytics, Analytics
Rambler  Beacons
ScoreCard Research Beacon Beacons, Analytics
Statcounter Analytics
trueAnthem Widgets

what's worse is that EEVBLOG is not free of trackers.... daaa da da dadaaaaaa (spooky)

Offline timofonic

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eternal Wannabe Geek
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2015, 04:48:39 pm »
You only have to watch rt.com for a while to see ...

RT is the new Pravda, don't fall for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)#Propaganda_and_related_issues

What's wrong with some competition? They aren't different than other media, sensationalists and manipulative. That's what most (all?) journalism institutions or private ones do to get profits, it doesn't matter if they get the money from corporations and/or governments.

Or do you say American news media is objective and with a scientific approach? ;)

Fuck all them, they all lie...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 04:50:55 pm by Circuiteromalaguito »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2015, 04:59:29 pm »
If the same thing happens throughout the world with only one or two of those places being communist then that can't be the cause.

This is exactly the fallacy I pointed out earlier. Possibly it has many causes, communism is one of them.

Ok, so it's fallacious to even suggest identical symptoms might be caused by similar causes, but it's not fallacious to just say they are definitely caused by communism in China because... communism bad? Yeah I agree that communism is bad, that's one reason I could never be a member of certain world religions, but really just because?

But meh, it'll never get worked out because to do that you'd need to compare a real communist state with a real free market capitalist democracy. And we can't do that because there are none, only pseudo-democratic corporatocracies, pseudo-communist corporatocracies, and one pseudo-communist theocracy when it comes to those two systems.
"Don't believe every quote you read on the internet, because I totally didn't say that."
~Albert Einstein

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2015, 05:11:17 pm »

Ok, so it's fallacious to even suggest identical symptoms might be caused by similar causes, but it's not fallacious to just say they are definitely caused by communism in China because... communism bad? Yeah I agree that communism is bad, that's one reason I could never be a member of certain world religions, but really just because?

But meh, it'll never get worked out because to do that you'd need to compare a real communist state with a real free market capitalist democracy. And we can't do that because there are none, only pseudo-democratic corporatocracies, pseudo-communist corporatocracies, and one pseudo-communist theocracy when it comes to those two systems.

MM, I was merely pointing out a logical fallacy in your argument. X caused Y doesn't imply that Z can't also cause Y.

As for communism vs. freedom, I prefer not to express an opinion here per the OP's request.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2015, 05:19:34 pm »
MM, I was merely pointing out a logical fallacy in your argument. X caused Y doesn't imply that Z can't also cause Y.

Ah right, but you see I didn't say that. I just said it was more likely that X caused Y in different cultures with the one major similarity than X causing it in one place, Z causing it another, I causing it somewhere else..
~Albert Einstein

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2015, 05:20:56 pm »

Ah right, but you see I didn't say that. I just said it was more likely that X caused Y in different cultures with the one major similarity than X causing it in one place, Z causing it another, I causing it somewhere else..

'Likely' sounds better. :)

Offline LightagesTopic starter

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2015, 06:19:09 pm »
Yup, who gives a damn what the original post was? Use this thread for whatever politics/religion/pseudoscience/BS you want. Just keep going even though I asked for it to stop.   |O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2015, 06:27:39 pm »
Yup, who gives a damn what the original post was? Use this thread for whatever politics/religion/pseudoscience/BS you want. Just keep going even though I asked for it to stop.   |O

I think it's better not to worry too much, because the opposite is so much worse, by far. Forums like whirlpool are intolerable because of their oppressive constant censorship. The first post did mention propaganda after all, and there is only just so much you can say about the video. Lots of viewpoints is better than just one or two, the same way a thousand monkeys will eventually blame Putin for everything if the BBC has anything to do with it. It's all good is all I'm suggesting,. :-+

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2015, 07:11:53 pm »

You could include in your first post a question or anything else that will guide the discussion in the direction you want (future of Chinese industry, price be quality, etc).

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2015, 07:16:02 pm »
...ahem... anyone have any thoughts on the current Chinese devaluation of the yuan? on Chinese products of course... Will they be made with more care or less now that the managers have to pay more for their imported luxury cars and stuff?  :phew: ... back on track

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf