Author Topic: How do you check an androids phone SSID that it broad casts?  (Read 888 times)

Offline BeaminTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • If you think my Boobs are big you should see my ba
How do you check an androids phone SSID that it broad casts?
« on: September 22, 2017, 12:46:05 am »
I'm trying to white list people from my wireless router. I don't use an android phone so is their any way to look in the settings of the phone to find what name the wireless router sees?
ie:android-524184c3ccf2c969
Or how would you do this for a PC using IP config?
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 191
Images in your signature must be no greater than 500x25 pixels

Offline alpher

• Frequent Contributor
Re: How do you check an androids phone SSID that it broad casts?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 01:15:26 am »
If you could clarifyin, what do you mean by "whitelisted".
If  it means that a only certains MACs should be alowed to connect to your AP then all you have to do is to get their respective MAC addresses and that will be it.

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 01:17:45 am »
You mean the host name of the phone? Depending on the version of Android, it may differ but usually Settings > About Phone > Phone Name

Keep in mind white-listing based on host name or MAC address is almost entirely useless and doesn't make your wireless network any more secure. Both are so easy to sniff and spoof, like literally, it takes less than a minute on a Windows machine.

On Windows, go to a Command prompt and enter ipconfig /all and your machine's host name is right at the top.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 01:27:03 am by Halcyon »

Offline BeaminTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • If you think my Boobs are big you should see my ba
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 01:29:46 am »
You mean the host name of the phone? Depending on the version of Android, it may differ but usually Settings > About Phone > Phone Name

Keep in mind white-listing based on host name or MAC address is almost entirely useless and doesn't make your wireless network any more secure. Both are so easy to sniff and spoof, like literally, it takes less than a minute on a Windows machine.

On Windows, go to a Command prompt and enter ipconfig /all and your machine's host name is right at the top.

These people have no idea on how to use the internet beyond typing in the user name and password. So the password will work and I can tell them their computer is broken because they see that the password works.
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 191
Images in your signature must be no greater than 500x25 pixels

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf