Author Topic: Heathkit IM-5258 THD Analyser Manual  (Read 6762 times)

Offline EmbeddedEricTopic starter

• Contributor
    • Rants from the Embedded Hardware Guy
Heathkit IM-5258 THD Analyser Manual
« on: May 21, 2012, 06:00:50 pm »
I just bought a Heathkit IM-5258 Total-Harmonic-Distortion Analyser on ebay and I haven't had much luck finding a reasonable priced copy of the manual.

I did find a few sites willing to sell me the manual for $30. I am not opposed to buying the manual, but $30 seems a bit step for a handful of pages of paper, when I bought the actual IM-5258 for $100.

Any ideas on lower cost sources for this manual? I am ok with buying a pdf scanned version as I am mostly just looking for the IM-5258's specifications.

Thanks,
Eric
"The Brick Walls are there for a reason. They are not there to keep us out. Brick Walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something." - Randy Pausch

Offline Dawn

• Regular Contributor
Re: Heathkit IM-5258 THD Analyser Manual
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 07:07:13 pm »
There's a Yahoo group dedicated to Heathkits.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/heathkit/

I've been able to obtain manuals on some rather obscure pieces of test equipment simply for asking there. Most of the manual sources on the net for Heathkit have been taken down a few years ago because of threatened legal action by someone who purchased the rights to them a few years ago and regularly pursues their removal from archive and manual sales sites unless a royalty arrangement has been made. Many of those manuals have been archived in the member's personal files of many different forums and shared on request.

Offline EmbeddedEricTopic starter

• Contributor
    • Rants from the Embedded Hardware Guy
Re: Heathkit IM-5258 THD Analyser Manual
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 12:36:25 am »
Thanks Dawn for the heads up on the Heathkit Yahoo groups. I joined and posted a question about the IM-5258 Manual and a very nice guy from Texas is going to be mailing and loaning me a manual for a few weeks.

I am again blown away by how supportive and helpful most people in the Hobby/DIY Electronics forums are.

Thanks,
Eric
"The Brick Walls are there for a reason. They are not there to keep us out. Brick Walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something." - Randy Pausch

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf