Author Topic: hantek dso8060 dead? possible fix?  (Read 2987 times)

Offline justincr83Topic starter

hantek dso8060 dead? possible fix?
« on: December 23, 2017, 06:48:38 pm »
Hi there,
This is my first post and i want to say "Hello" to everyone, before i start to post my problem....

I just bought a "dead" hantek dso 8060 oscilloscope which is one of the first models i guess.... since it has a serial number around "400"
the owner said it was stored for a long time, and when he tried to power it up, nothing happens.
I received the unit (without battery) and first thing i did, i plugged it the ac adapter and i gave it a shot.
SURPRISE the unit powered on, i heard some relay clicking, the logo showed up, it went fine for a few minutes.
I didn't have any probe around to plug in and test.
THEN when i was pressing f1, f2, f3, f4, some white "balloons" appeared above each "f" key, but they were empty.
I tried to change the resolution, then the screen started to look awkward or a little messy, like a failing video card (some white and black pixels)

Then i turned the unit off, and it never went on again.
If i press the power key for 1-3 seconds, when i release it, it beeps, i can see some "flicker" on the lcd, then after aprox 10seconds, i can hear a little click (again in the buzzer) which signals the off state...
I tried to keep pressed "ok / enter" key for 2 seconds, then while i keep it pressed, i press in sequence f1, f2, f3, f4 and each key press comes back with a "beep" but that's all
nothing happens...

I'm not an engineer, i'm a weekend hobbyist in electronics... so for me without a schematic i can't understand a thing.

I took it apart inspected the board and components but everything looks fine.

The board is very dirty because of uncleared flux, in many areas, but i assume it's normal since i saw this mess on other boars while i google for schematics or fixes.

Things i did until now:
i changed the crystal y4 (i tried 3 because i had them on a pc motherboard, yes the same 32.768khz) - no luck
I put in some 7.5-8v battery li-po 5ah - no luck
changed 2 x 100uf 16v caps - no luck

Anyone have any idea? Any luck to have a schematic? at least for the power section.

Thanks!

Offline justincr83Topic starter

Re: hantek dso8060 dead? possible fix?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 01:14:04 am »
here's another unit with the same behavior, the only difference is this one is dso 1060...
i understood they share the same hardware
thx!

Offline Gae

• Contributor
Re: hantek dso8060 dead? possible fix?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 09:33:43 pm »
Hi,

I also have an issue with a Hantek 8060, one of the channels of the scope do not work.
I think I found one of the problem but I find it very hard to find the imput relay.
I must think they are not very good quality items... I both it quite cheep, like 340€ but I could use it only for about 3 month ...

I'm trying to repair it. cross fingers. Hope yours is Ok now.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf