Author Topic: GolTek Capture -> Rigol DG1022  (Read 7980 times)

Offline Chet T16Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Retro-Renault
GolTek Capture -> Rigol DG1022
« on: December 04, 2011, 10:48:15 am »
Could've PM'd Mecha but it might be of interest to others

Can you import GolTek capture saved waveforms into the DG1022 (either direct or via ultrawave)?

The ultrawave csv files are different from the sample ones downloaded with goltek so i'm assuming it won't work

Chet
Paid Electron Wrestler

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Re: GolTek Capture -> Rigol DG1022
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 03:07:52 pm »
can you provide (PM or here) one example csv file compatible with DG1022? i dont have DG1022 so i dont know. but i believe simply editing the file format, eg the tag at the top might make it work. goltek produces ArbExpress csv compatible, ie #CLOCK and #SIZE tag at the top, the rest i think pretty much standard for every csv format.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

• Frequent Contributor
    • Retro-Renault
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 03:19:33 pm »
Heres a saved .csv from Ultrawave

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10657741/sine.csv

Like i said, its definately different from the sample ones
Chet
Paid Electron Wrestler

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 03:37:47 pm »
please verify...

Code: [Select]
Vpp[V]:2.00E01,Period[S]:2.00E-07,Quantify:12,Data Dots:4096,Max Dots:4096,End:4095,Wave:1Vpp=max-min voltage in the data set.
Period=1/freq
Quantify=? (can be fixed to 12?)
can simply set max dots = data dots? and end = data dots-1?
Wave=? (can be fixed to 1?)

peculiar format at the bottom of the file (refer below)
Code: [Select]
? ???
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

• Frequent Contributor
    • Retro-Renault
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 04:01:13 pm »
Hmm, actually, Ultrawave won't open its saved .csv files!

Theres an option to save as .txt

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10657741/sine.txt

Still not the same as yours

This is from the help file which explains some of the header values

l          Dot

Set the maximum dots of the waveform. The Generator applies the DDS (Direct Digital Synthesis) technology to generate arbitrary waveform. Therefore, when the waveform has more dots, the distortion will be reduced and the waveform will be much smoother. At present, the maximum points supported by DG3000 series are 1048576 (1 M) points.

¡¡

l          Peak-Peak Value

Set the Peak-Peak Value of the waveform. Users can choose the unit of ¡°V¡± or ¡°mV¡±. The amplitude resolution of DG2000 and DG3000 is 0.1mV and the maximum peak-peak value is 20V, and UltraWave has the same resolution and peak-peak value as the instrument.

¡¡

l         Quantity

Set the bits of the quantification. The amplitude of each point will be quantified to an integer and then taken the normalization operation. The range supported by the software is 2~32. The amplitude resolution will be much bigger and the distortion will be reduced as it has more bits. DG2000 and DG3000 series generators support 14 bits quantification, the default is 12 bits.

¡¡

l          Freq/Period

Set the frequency of the waveform. DG2000 and DG3000 series generators support 1uHz~25MHz arbitrary waveform output and the frequency resolution is 1uHz.
Chet
Paid Electron Wrestler

• Frequent Contributor
    • Retro-Renault
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 06:05:45 pm »
I should probably not help to get the DG1022 pile-o-shit working, but hey, if you want to work with that PoS.

Not a fan then! Why so? I found peoples experiences quite favourable

Thanks for the info
Chet
Paid Electron Wrestler

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 06:56:39 pm »
here's the quick arbexpress <-> ultrawave converter, based on BAW info. report if any error or if its working with your DG1022... i put default values in the bottom tags (and top's Quantify & Wave), so i think you should edit those to fit your need, except Amplitude, the converter will automatically calculate based on max magnitude found the data set, thats the best guess i think.

• Frequent Contributor
    • Retro-Renault
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 08:26:09 pm »
here's the quick arbexpress <-> ultrawave converter, based on BAW info. report if any error or if its working with your DG1022... i put default values in the bottom tags (and top's Quantify & Wave), so i think you should edit those to fit your need, except Amplitude, the converter will automatically calculate based on max magnitude found the data set, thats the best guess i think.

Nice!

I fail to see the purpose of the csv files, ultrawave can't reopen them and the DG1022 can't either! Ultrawave can reopen the exported .txt file as above but not without issues :/

The only thing the DG1022 will open is the .rdf files and saving them from ultrawave doesn't seem to work particularly well
Chet
Paid Electron Wrestler

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 09:49:22 pm »
its pile of shit then. maybe you should figure out how to upload file to DG1022 well, then we can make "usefull" converter for it.

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 10:03:24 pm »
I fail to see the purpose of the csv files, ultrawave can't reopen them

Ultrawave 1.03 can. But one of the many bugs this PoS has is that it sometimes interprets floating point numbers according to the current locale. If your locale happens to use the comma ',' instead of the period '.' as a decimal fraction separator then Ultrawave likes to vomit all over itself yet again. Try to change the local number format in Windows to use a '.'.

And you guessed right, I am really not a fan of the DG1022 pile of shit. Broken driver, broken implementation of the TMCUSB protocol (at least on the old 00.01 hardware), absolutely no support from Rigol (guess how much time it took to reverse engineer their fucking file format and work around their USB bugs ...) Output amplitude is not flat in sweep mode. Clumsy menu system. Pointless build-in help. Firmware (of the 00.01 hardware) is a hack of the DG2000 firmware with many dead DG2000 code remaining in it. And I can go on and on.

And of course this Ultrawave PoS with heaps of bugs. Ultrawave 1.03 doesn't run on anything newer than Windows XP. Ultrawave 1.04 doesn't run with the old 00.01 hardware.
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 11:47:47 pm »
if the *.rdf is in binary, it can take sometime to decode it and close observation with the device output is required.

• Frequent Contributor
    • Retro-Renault
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 12:57:43 am »
According to some random pdf i found on rigolna.com the .csv is for supposedly exporting to spreadsheets but why 1.04 can't import it is beyond me

I'll see how limiting the DS1052->DG1022 is before i worry about this

Thanks for the effort!
Chet
Paid Electron Wrestler

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf