Author Topic: Free Unlimited Version of AutoTRAX PCB Design Software  (Read 179258 times)

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
Re: Free Unlimited Version of AutoTRAX PCB Design Software
« Reply #375 on: August 11, 2015, 11:41:45 am »
only if you pay for it i believe, however i have a large number of proxies I pay for because of erm shall we say efnet and other nefarious activities, I can log in from melbourne or sydney in oz, or any country in the world to be honest.
Electrons are typically male, always looking for any hole to get into.
trying to strangle someone who talks out of their rectal cavity will fail, they can still breath.
God hates North Wales, he has put my home address on the blacklist of all couriers with instructions to divert all parcels.

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
« Reply #376 on: August 11, 2015, 11:51:01 am »
I am now logged in from sydney. Is this where I now say "g'day mate" , the problem is that you can ban someone but they will win if they want to, I used to be an op on a particular efnet channel or two and I got sick of the times I kept banning some fools nick and ip address, he just kept hopping servers and proxies, add using Tor into the proxy chain and its a nightmare.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 11:59:45 am by Deathwish »
trying to strangle someone who talks out of their rectal cavity will fail, they can still breath.
God hates North Wales, he has put my home address on the blacklist of all couriers with instructions to divert all parcels.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #377 on: August 11, 2015, 01:58:03 pm »
erm, I just did it again? One single usage of "shit"?

It's not the word shit, it's the context in which you said it. You called someone a "piece of shit". That is a personal attack and is the #1 thing that is not tolerated on this forum. It is the reason most people get banned on here (not that we ban many people in the scheme of things). Don't do it again.
If you can't understand the difference and can't play nice then you are not welcome here.

I agree that prior postings of mine in this thread were a bit over the top, but again? With a single "shit"? Come on Dave, that's like every second word out of your mouth.

As above.

Offline mswhin63

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #378 on: August 11, 2015, 02:39:25 pm »
Thanks Dave, I don't usually go running to the moderator but it is nice to see some clamping down.

BTW, I saw the deleted post that caused the controversy. It seems that Iilya didn't realise he broke the Forum Rules thinking he was banned but of a privacy issue.
I also saw the post where Alexander said do what you want with the address details.

Anyway, seeing Iilya is not here to defend his product any-more, maybe a good idea to lock the thread.

Malcolm

It's not the word shit, it's the context in which you said it. You called someone a "piece of shit". That is a personal attack and is the #1 thing that is not tolerated on this forum. It is the reason most people get banned on here (not that we ban many people in the scheme of things). Don't do it again.
If you can't understand the difference and can't play nice then you are not welcome here.

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #379 on: August 11, 2015, 04:54:33 pm »
I also saw the post where Alexander said do what you want with the address details.

You saw the wrong thing. I never told him that. Never! He asked my address via pm and I gave it to him. The message contained my address and noting else. This is what I wrote, publicly, after he did what he did.

He asked my address and name privately. I send it privately to do what ever he wanted with it. AS IN --> Send me a free version of DeX, a bomb, a lawyer, a love letter.
Become a realist, stay a dreamer.

Offline CatalinaWOW

• Super Contributor
« Reply #380 on: August 11, 2015, 05:12:25 pm »
I don't blame Dave for banning the software developer. 

Even if Autotrax/DEX dies (partly because of things on this forum and this blog) it isn't the end of the world.  I can move on to something else, or go back to using Eagle.  So can the others who, like me, found Autotrax/DEX a good match to my needs and way of working with the world.

It is unfortunate that there are those who fan the flames of discord and maintain long term vendettas.  They can be found on any internet forum, including this one.  If anyone feels personally offended by the last two sentences it is perhaps time for some personal reflection.  Why do I feel they are aimed at me?  Has the world been made better by what I have posted?  In my zeal for perfection in one area of things we all desire did I cause harm elsewhere?

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #381 on: August 11, 2015, 06:29:06 pm »
The future of his EDA has nothing to do with this forum. It has only to do with it's developer.

BTW, the developer of this EDA has send private messages (which I left unanswered). You (plural) don't have the hole picture.

Alexander.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 11:47:33 pm by firewalker »
Become a realist, stay a dreamer.

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #382 on: August 11, 2015, 07:20:30 pm »
Iliya is a one man show, it common in the electronics industry you have to do it all. Finding customers is a massive part of the job if you want to do well. Keeping customers is also important. For myself I spent at least 70% of my time getting new customers everything from cold calling to advertising in the end that was my full time job and I had others do the electronics.

For Iliya there are other more well known packages in big business and to get into that market will be near impossible. For the hobbyist, independent contractor or small business he has a shot. The free version was probably a good bet but it would have to be out there for a year or so and be adopted by a few sites. I think limiting size or locking out features would have been a better option.

Iliya, I know your reading this I know you have considered a million approaches on how to make a living off your software. For me it was about finding customers that would try my service then understanding their needs and giving a good product. It takes years to get the formula right and you need to keep at it.

As an example of things that could be attractive to an arduino type group.

CNC's are really popular so allowing cnc software to launch from the package would also be desirable. Creating parts in Sketchup and allowing the option to open that folder for import also a good idea. If you are unwilling to give away the package then give away 100 licenses to persons that you think will promote your product.

So here is a feature for you.

My scenario is that I have a device case (existing) I need to fit a pcb in. Let's call it a toy but could be anything the board will be an odd shape. It would be very helpful to have an image/photo of the existing product on a layer that could be adjusted on both the x and y axis (for scaling).

This would allow for quick checking of connectors, mounting holes and so on.

I know the package does have the ability to put an image on one particular layer but giving it the ability to scale, become transparent and have quick access in a menu is what I'm talking about. 

This is the kind of thing you are missing out on by not being part of this forum. Real world use of software. People that design boards day in and day out will always be a know what is really needed in the software.

I rate at the low end pcb design, turned out pushing product / services was a better use of my time when it came to my electronics business. If you don't sell your product it will die.

One last note, failures happen, what happened on this forum was a failure. Fires can happen through no fault of your own or by your own action. It is your responsibility to help put them out or not let them get started in the first place.

Offline CatalinaWOW

• Super Contributor
« Reply #383 on: August 11, 2015, 09:02:03 pm »
The feature of his EDA has nothing to do with this forum. It has only to do with it's developer.

BTW, the developer of this EDA has send private messages (which I left unanswered). You (plural) don't have the hole picture.

Alexander.

It is unlikely that knowing the full picture would change anything.  The developer behaved like a jerk.  Crossed legal lines in what is already out there.  He has driven away many people over the years in this and other forums.  Details of exactly how bad a jerk he was, and the specific ways he did it aren't relevant to my point.  Which was that he was not the only one.  On this thread, or others related to this product. 

Even mild jerkiness has no value.  Continuing to push a point when it is obvious that the recipient(s) are not receiving is one form.  I am perilously close to that here, so will not say more.

Offline mswhin63

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #384 on: August 11, 2015, 11:30:08 pm »
I have to agree, Iilya is a fair bit over the top in customer relations.

Customer relations in this thread is only with a few people, the rest will just end up using the software and making the minds up on their own. Irrespective of the cost the final result for which I know already is that his user number have increased.

He has is own forum and the most aggressive nature is to say "It's fixed" or "watch this video". I personally would say a few more words. Some of the users like myself have look at the way some users flamed Iilya when he first came on board and made up our minds that the software is worthy at least to continue.

They are currently sorting out small bugs in multilayer board construction where a user has completed a multilayer board construction, so it can't be all that bad as indicated in earlier posts. There will always people that will be happy to help a developer while the software is under construction.

MEH

It is unlikely that knowing the full picture would change anything.  The developer behaved like a jerk.  Crossed legal lines in what is already out there.  He has driven away many people over the years in this and other forums.  Details of exactly how bad a jerk he was, and the specific ways he did it aren't relevant to my point.  Which was that he was not the only one.  On this thread, or others related to this product. 

Even mild jerkiness has no value.  Continuing to push a point when it is obvious that the recipient(s) are not receiving is one form.  I am perilously close to that here, so will not say more.

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
  • Pretentiously Posting Polysyllabic Prose
    • timb.us
« Reply #385 on: August 11, 2015, 11:32:12 pm »

So your problem with me is just profanity? Perhaps here I used a bit more of that than is often deemed socially desirable, but dude, they're words.

A reminder to all, you can't just swear like a drunken sailor in this forum. Sure they are "just words", but we are trying to  keep a higher standard here.

Really Dave? Really?! This coming from:
A) An Aussie
B) Someone who makes a living out of calling things "shit".

The adage that "swearing shows a lack of intelligence" is a fallacy, plain and simple. Anybody can use fancy words to project an aureus of intelligence, but that doesn't make them smart. Likewise, smart people can use colloquialisms, but that doesn't make them common.

Judge people on what they say, not how they say it.

Anyone "offended" by the mere presence of "naughty" words needs to realize this.

Also, tits.

Sent from my Smartphone
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #386 on: August 12, 2015, 12:04:04 am »
Anyone "offended" by the mere presence of "naughty" words needs to realize this.

It was not like this - it was offensive bar room cussing with f words in large red fonts with other forms of the s word being used..  I watched this happen in real time and it was not "naughty" words, it was a very offensive exchange that belongs more to a prison forum than an electronics forum. 

It was not like this is a "piece of s.."  and more like " you f...ing piece of s...", in large red fonts - big difference.

Maybe someone can send you the passage via PM, I did not keep a copy of it.

In other words there is a difference in cursing at a piece of equipment than at a member of this forum. 

And for those that missed the fight, Iliya was banned for posting an address.  He did no cussing, people were cussing at him for posting the address.

And during all of this I was trying to figure out what AutoTRAX was  :-[
YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
« Reply #387 on: August 12, 2015, 12:08:33 am »
I dont see why everyone is getting so angry at his lack of sales skills or complaining at his lack of implementing the suggestions or input of their own ideas as to what or how his software should behave. It was never the users, it is his baby, should it sink or swim, If you dont like the end result then dont pay for it,  everyone seems to be stomping their feet and throwing a hissy fit that he is not doing what they want when it is, and never was theirs in the first place, if people don't like or cant handle his attitude then simply do not input into it, let him design it to work as he wishes.

If I or anyone else walked into your house and told you how your child should behave , or how you should bring it up or teach it because we expect it to behave as we want it to in society you would soon tell me or those doing it where to get off. Seriously, how many of you would really let me or a total stranger dictate or tell you how your child should be behaving or reacting with others. It is his child so to speak, let him design and implement it and stand or fall on it's own merits when finished. Dont give your time and input to it if you get told to sling your hook.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #388 on: August 12, 2015, 12:23:23 am »
But what if someone is tripping over his own feet? Are you going to stand by or do you try to help?
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #389 on: August 12, 2015, 12:31:24 am »

It was not like this - it was offensive bar room cussing with f words in large red fonts with other forms of the s word being used..  I watched this happen in real time and it was not "naughty" words, it was a very offensive exchange that belongs more to a prison forum than an electronics forum.

For the record, the large red fonts were Iliya's added emphasis. No surprise that he also doesn't see what's wrong with modifying a quote in place without annotating it as such. Rather goes right along with the whole privacy thing that he also doesn't believe in.

And for those that missed the fight, Iliya was banned for posting an address.  He did no cussing, people were cussing at him for posting the address.

Which anybody who does that deserves.

Seriously, if you do that, you're either a criminal in some places (from what I hear, very likely where he lives) or no better than one. I frankly don't see what is wrong with verbal "personal attacks" against criminals. They are all those bad things and I fail to see why they shouldn't be told so.

I would also entirely expect, if I lied to someone's face saying I hadn't done something that he saw me do, for him to become incredibly angry at me. It's the closest thing to a verbal slap in the face you could do.
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

Offline dr.diesel

• Super Contributor
  • Cramming the magic smoke back in...
« Reply #390 on: August 12, 2015, 12:35:01 am »
Him and Roland are probably drowning in solitude together.

:-DD

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
« Reply #391 on: August 12, 2015, 12:42:01 am »
But what if someone is tripping over his own feet? Are you going to stand by or do you try to help?

You try to help to a point, but you do so understanding that you may be ignored and not to get to personally affronted by that occurrence if it happens, if you are ignored then you say " well i tried, but not again" and walk away without feeling wound up.

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #392 on: August 12, 2015, 12:43:58 am »
 - Iliya needed to be banned, but that is a minor thing in his life. Little more than a fly landing on his nose.

- Design involves listening to your customers needs. Changing a design to sell more product is necessary. In some cases that product may be a bad attitude or whatever. Saying that the software is his baby is fine but how does that relate to selling it? Everything is feature driven (people included).

Offline helius

• Super Contributor
« Reply #393 on: August 12, 2015, 12:59:12 am »
I frankly don't see what is wrong with verbal "personal attacks" against criminals.
Congratulations on adding libel per se to your list of accomplishments, and good luck with the witch hunting.

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
« Reply #394 on: August 12, 2015, 01:00:30 am »
- Iliya needed to be banned, but that is a minor thing in his life. Little more than a fly landing on his nose.

- Design involves listening to your customers needs. Changing a design to sell more product is necessary. In some cases that product may be a bad attitude or whatever. Saying that the software is his baby is fine but how does that relate to selling it? Everything is feature driven (people included).

I am going to quote you NOT because I am aiming my comments at you but it relates to what i am seeing.

First I am seeing a lot of people getting all squirrely at him for not listening to them and their ideas, it is as if because people tell him he should add this or do that to his software they themselves then become co designers and have a right to an input as to what he changes or does not. Simply put they do not, they are his customers or users , even merely his crash test dummies until it is fully fledged and ready for a final release, you purchase or purchased his software at the point it was in design at the moment you all did with all it's warts and pimples, you accept it as it is, at that point, or you walk away and wait for a final release letting him sort it out  on his own. As for what does it have to do with sales, some people are trying to wear the mantel that they are co designers and therefore they should be worrying about sales and income from it. Why ?.  If it flops it flops and it is his responsibility no one elses. Any future sales are his problem not others.

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #395 on: August 12, 2015, 01:40:53 am »
I frankly don't see what is wrong with verbal "personal attacks" against criminals.
Congratulations on adding libel per se to your list of accomplishments, and good luck with the witch hunting.

You might have quoted the part before that as well, where I said it seemed likely 'from what I hear', rather than outright insisting he were as your partial quote insinuates.

Without judging the rights or wrongs of what you say. I point out this. Dave has clearly said there is no place for personal attacks. It is easy to report unacceptable behaviour to Dave or to the moderators.

Fair enough.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 01:50:14 am by c4757p »
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

Offline ozwolf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #396 on: August 12, 2015, 03:41:01 am »
Mummy, Daddy, please stop arguing.  You're scaring me!!!  :scared:
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Offline mswhin63

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #397 on: August 12, 2015, 04:41:15 am »
Mummy, Daddy, please stop arguing.  You're scaring me!!!  :scared:

:box:  :box:  :box:  :-DD

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #398 on: August 12, 2015, 06:32:37 am »
Really Dave? Really?! This coming from:
A) An Aussie
B) Someone who makes a living out of calling things "shit".

Yes, because this is an open public forum for the community, it is not my personal channel where I can say anything I want.
And that's right, I call "things" shit, not people. I don't mind people using the word shit on this forum if it's warranted, I do it myself. For obvious reasons though I try and maintain this forum to as high a standard as reasonably possible when it comes to civil discourse, and try to set the rules as such.
This means that words like "shit" are not banned, but we don't want someone using it or worse words in thousands of posts and flooding the forum with such talk.

Offline IconicPCB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #399 on: August 12, 2015, 07:14:20 am »
Deathwish,

The forum is full of self styled experts on this that and the other. People who without putting forward a tiniest bit of proof of the self ascribed expertise  are happy to piss on those who have put in the hard yards and presented a product with significant level of utility.

Keep well and keep a level head in these troubled chambers.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf