Author Topic: Free Unlimited Version of AutoTRAX PCB Design Software  (Read 179237 times)

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
Re: Free Unlimited Version of AutoTRAX PCB Design Software
« Reply #325 on: August 09, 2015, 12:46:38 pm »
Even its truly better than anything else on this earth, with the attitude and integrity shown here, would you trust the software will not "leak" out your work, destroy your work, call home and leak everything inside your machine or worst do something nasty in your machine where you installed it ?

Yes, literally as true trojan horse application.

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #326 on: August 09, 2015, 01:02:01 pm »
I was kindly asked not to say anything bad for this EDA software. After testing it, I can say it is better than Altium and KiCad. I have now deleted the software and the installation files.

Although better, I really really really prefer KiCad.

Alexander.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 01:52:40 pm by firewalker »
Become a realist, stay a dreamer.

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #327 on: August 09, 2015, 01:16:10 pm »
Ah, fair enough. I can see why you'd want to keep yourself from using such an amazing piece of software. One doesn't want to become too accustomed to such a good thing, lest one find oneself stuck using something else and unable to tolerate its shortcomings. :-+ O0
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

Offline mswhin63

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #328 on: August 09, 2015, 01:49:25 pm »
I have found this software to be quite good, but after the latest round of discussion I am going to KiCAD and seriously look at alternatives. I originally downloaded and installed the software and even purchased it mostly because it presented simulation in a single software which was a plus. But I have asked for further development, forum requests bug requests and received no answers relating to simulation.

Thinking back I have never received a reply back regarding any bugs only lucky to say they have been enacted. I can't afford Altium at all so it is totally out of the question their free software CircuitMaker is a complete joke and if that is something to go by then Altium will only be used because it seems to be an industry standard.

KiCAD is improving so I am going to struggle with it for a while and maybe continue to use non upgraded version of AUTOTrax until I see either the writing on the wall or a greater improvement in customer relations.

Although Iilya made a terrible mistake there are quite a number of people on this forum that will continue to goad people to get their post number up. They are partially responsible for this thread from going to the dogs.
Generally most post that go over a few pages I ignore unless they represent something close to my attention, but some people in this forum just give me the shits and try to avoid them as much as possible.

I was kindly asked not to say anything bad for this EDA software. After testing it, I can say it is better than Altium and KiCad. I have now deleted the software and the installation files.

Although better. I really really really prefer KiCad.

Alexander.

Tac Eht Xilef

« Reply #329 on: August 09, 2015, 11:19:48 pm »
Although Iilya made a terrible mistake there are quite a number of people on this forum that will continue to goad people to get their post number up. They are partially responsible for this thread from going to the dogs.

Unfortunately the whole carry-on of blowing up over a minor little issue or disagreement is pretty standard for Iliya - it usually doesn't end quite so stupidly or dramatically, but this is 3rd or 4th time it's happened on this forum alone, and if you look around you'll find the same pattern repeated elsewhere too (including on his own forums).

Not to mention that his whole 'trojan horse' rant is just weird, when you consider that this thread started with "Free Unlimited Autotrax!" - which then without warning became "$49 Unlimited / Free Limited & crippled", and is currently "$99 Unlimited / Free crippled".

(Not whining about that - at $99 it's still remarkable value, and if you try Autotrax & like it then knock yourself out - but it's more than a little disingenuous and hypocritical, and for me it's just the icing on an already unpalatable cake.)

And then you get a glimpse into the ongoing development process which seems to owe more to whatever Iliya feels is fun & interesting to implement at the time, rather than "what are my users asking for, and how can I make my software better?".

When the same sorts of things keep happening in different times & at different places, you start to wonder if the issues Iliya keeps facing really are due to everyone else or if it's actually him.

That said, Autotrax really is a remarkable piece of software; doubly so for being the product of a one-man-band. Like any software, though, it comes with its own set of peculiarities - it's just that in the case of Autotrax they're not all in the code...

Offline mswhin63

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #330 on: August 09, 2015, 11:38:46 pm »
I have spoken to Iilya about this. I personally did not see the address being posted, I DID though see the attempt by firewalker create a disturbing link openly link a hack or a full version, I believe some user may have made the allegation in order to get the forum going. But it is up to the moderators to investigate the allegation. I could see this post being locked about a few of days ago, but the moderators really let it get out of control.

This forum though does contain trolls and I suppose always will, unfortunately for Iilya he does not know how to deal with them. I personally attach a link to a nice video if they target me.

My decision it not based solely on this forum post but another issue that is not related, but the software has it merits and I hope that Iilya can learn more about customer relations before spouting and not post offers on this forum (too late) or any other like it offering discounts or feebees.

Unfortunately the whole carry-on of blowing up over a minor little issue or disagreement is pretty standard for Iliya - it usually doesn't end quite so stupidly or dramatically, but this is 3rd or 4th time it's happened on this forum alone, and if you look around you'll find the same pattern repeated elsewhere too (including on his own forums).

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #331 on: August 09, 2015, 11:41:40 pm »
Obviously Iilya doesn't know what banned means. He created a new account called DEX, that one is now banned too.

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #332 on: August 09, 2015, 11:46:23 pm »

Yes, he was the same 10+ years ago on old forums I used to be on and I knew it would end badly when he created an account here, but I gave him a chance. He blew it.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #333 on: August 10, 2015, 12:15:22 am »
I have spoken to Iilya about this. I personally did not see the address being posted, I DID though see the attempt by firewalker create a disturbing link openly link a hack or a full version, I believe some user may have made the allegation in order to get the forum going.
firewalker never created any link to hacked version, even not any version of autotrax, that link was for KiCad. He claimed this link to be for installer file which was publicly available on official autotrax website not so long time ago (but it actually wasn't).
What I see, Ilya is a complete idiot in marketing, and complete duchebag as a person - first release a free program for noncommercial use and advertise it on multiple forums. Then remove it from his own website and start prohibiting to use that version in obsessive way :palm: |O. I can't even imagine how big idiot one needs to be for doing such a dick moves. If he wanted to offer it for limited time, he should give away free licence files for users for a limited time period  :palm:, not acting like a moron prohibiting to use a free software that already leaked to the internet. Also Ilya even didn't check if that link was for autotrax actually but started act completely mental. Afterwards, he was just lying that he didn't release personal data  :-- :palm: (after deleting his post with personal data and threatening + link to google maps). But after people started complaining about him lying, he still acted like a moron and didn't admit his fault, yet more acting like a biggest duche.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:33:36 am by wraper »

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #334 on: August 10, 2015, 01:28:43 am »
His offer for a free version for hobbyists was welcome, and I purchased the commercial license just to show my support for his offering. I was happy to work through the problems in his software to help support him in his efforts to help hobbyists.

Then it became obvious that he was not reacting kindly to real help and constructive criticism from real experts, and his behaviour deteriorated quickly. This last storm was the last straw. He gets no more support from anyone I would suspect, and I just threw my money in the garbage as I will not use his software again. Some people said I learned a lesson. No.... I will still try and support those who are generous and try to donate their time and work for others to benefit. The only thing I have learned is Ilya is not worth my support and time, and IMHO neither that of anyone else.

Offline mswhin63

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #335 on: August 10, 2015, 05:01:25 am »
firewalker never created any link to hacked version, even not any version of autotrax, that link was for KiCad. He claimed this link to be for installer file which was publicly available on official autotrax website not so long time ago (but it actually wasn't).

Maybe it wasn't a link to AUTOtrax but the deception was there. I do not even attempt to click on link that contained hacks as the MAY be potentially harmful, that in itself is deception too. I also found Firewalker use of language highly offensive, alot more than Iilya, but I don't see him banned. I understand Iilya responses are a bit weird but that is not my concern, he has been banned under the assumption which I have not seen about the private address remark. I also believe it was assumed from Firewalker not by the moderators. That part will always be lost to me but I saw Firewalker remarks as the most offensive you can possibly imagine. If I was a moderator then I would have instantly kicked him off as well.

If his post has been deleted then I can quite happily bring it back as a attachment with the appropriate warnings.

I will continue to use AUTOTrax because I already purchaced it about 2 years ago, but I will be using KiCAD as well, along with other software until I can make mind mind up finally. Altium has got a long way to go to get my satisfaction. At least I have something to fall-back on if anything happens.

More importantly if there is an open source or economical software that has an integrated simulation capability then it will be top on my list.

Offline mswhin63

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #336 on: August 10, 2015, 05:16:32 am »
I have to make a correction.

Firewalker made the in appropriate link.

c4757p made the highly offensive remarks.

I have had run ins with c4757p in the past and have considered him a troll in the past.

Maybe it wasn't a link to AUTOtrax but the deception was there. I do not even attempt to click on link that contained hacks as the MAY be potentially harmful, that in itself is deception too. I also found Firewalker use of language highly offensive, alot more than Iilya, but I don't see him banned. I understand Iilya responses are a bit weird but that is not my concern, he has been banned under the assumption which I have not seen about the private address remark. I also believe it was assumed from Firewalker not by the moderators. That part will always be lost to me but I saw Firewalker remarks as the most offensive you can possibly imagine. If I was a moderator then I would have instantly kicked him off as well.

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #337 on: August 10, 2015, 05:45:19 am »
Highly offensive? Iliya shared a customer's private information that was given to him with trust. That's slimy and disgusting and I told him so. Then he lied and I told him he was a liar. Profane? Sure. I was angry at him. I was stunned that he did something so wrong and so stupid. No, I don't normally talk like that. But I fail to see how it was "highly offensive". Iliya demonstrated himself very clearly here to be a piece of shit. Few people now would disagree with that, and I said nothing stronger than that.

If I've said anything trollish to you it can't have been over anything important as I don't remember it. In that case, I apologize.

Offline IanJ

• Supporter
  • Full time EE & Youtuber
    • IanJohnston.com
« Reply #338 on: August 10, 2015, 05:53:59 am »
His offer for a free version for hobbyists was welcome, and I purchased the commercial license just to show my support for his offering. I was happy to work through the problems in his software to help support him in his efforts to help hobbyists.

Then it became obvious that he was not reacting kindly to real help and constructive criticism from real experts, and his behaviour deteriorated quickly. This last storm was the last straw. He gets no more support from anyone I would suspect, and I just threw my money in the garbage as I will not use his software again. Some people said I learned a lesson. No.... I will still try and support those who are generous and try to donate their time and work for others to benefit. The only thing I have learned is Ilya is not worth my support and time, and IMHO neither that of anyone else.

I could have written the above......exactly how I feel.

Ian.
Ian Johnston - Original designer of the PDVS2mini || Author of the free WinGPIB app.
Website - www.ianjohnston.com
YT Channel (electronics repairs & projects): www.youtube.com/user/IanScottJohnston, Twitter (X): https://twitter.com/IanSJohnston

Offline mswhin63

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #339 on: August 10, 2015, 07:07:10 am »
Well it is possible you saw the particular thread, what I was told is that Firewalker has never downloaded the software and so his information is not on file in the first place. That makes it difficult to issue a post with address details.

Lets see the fact here. I have not seen the post. It is believed it was deleted, the moderators may have something on file with regards to that, for the moment I only have your word for it along with some fairly substantial profanity which Iilya has not done. I have a copy of your post in an email so there is no denying that it was said along with Iilya denying the disclosure. That is way worse than forward and backward bantering, that shows that you also have some stability issues. Even your reaction in  the quote below is the norm for you, just you went too far in this last part of the thread. You are lucky I am not an moderator!

So did you see the post did you copy the post? Apart from firewalker did anyone else see the post, did the moderators see the post? Can they resurrect the post? The message I have on hand is that Iilya stated he did not send private details so it is a situation of he said/he said.

More importantly did the moderators ban Iilya because it was said that the address details were distributed or did the moderators for whatever reason just accepted what firewalker and yourself said?

Lot of questions that can only be answered by the moderators or administrator. So far from the posts left behind Iilya was targeted in a attempt of deceit and the post by firewalker to create a fictitious link of hacked software is clear and warranted that he should be removed from this forum.

In the past you have used the similar profanity in past posts which most of the time does not bother me but the most recent I would have thought went too far past any general forum post.

Highly offensive? Iliya shared a customer's private information that was given to him with trust. That's slimy and disgusting and I told him so. Then he lied and I told him he was a liar. Profane? Sure. I was angry at him. I was stunned that he did something so wrong and so stupid. No, I don't normally talk like that. But I fail to see how it was "highly offensive". Iliya demonstrated himself very clearly here to be a piece of shit. Few people now would disagree with that, and I said nothing stronger than that.

If I've said anything trollish to you it can't have been over anything important as I don't remember it. In that case, I apologize.

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #340 on: August 10, 2015, 07:16:24 am »
There was no hacked version! I never never never mentioned a version modified in any way. Is it so difficult to understand? It was his official version. The version given by Iliya. Like this one.

http://www.kov.com/DexDownloads/Dex-6.40.12.exe

BTW, Iliya didn't create a new account. He always had the account DEX.

Alexander.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 07:26:53 am by firewalker »

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #341 on: August 10, 2015, 07:24:45 am »
So your problem with me is just profanity? Perhaps here I used a bit more of that than is often deemed socially desirable, but dude, they're words. I have no intent to offend you, but if that is how you define 'offensive' then I suppose I can not claim an intent not to offend you either.

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #342 on: August 10, 2015, 07:31:12 am »
What is he decides that no one must use the free version? Will send Cease and Desist forms to every email that register for the free version? He has the emails. For a period you had to register an email in order to download the free version. At some time he posted a link here you could directly download the free version, with the password for the free version. That is how I obtained it.

Alexander. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 08:17:49 am by firewalker »

Offline mswhin63

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #343 on: August 10, 2015, 07:47:14 am »
This message was changed, I saw Autodex instead. Direct Quoting does not show the message was edited. So I copied and pasted it.

Guys! you flooded my inbox.

Download KiCad ->Here<-

Alexander.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:58:47 by firewalker »
[\quote]

I do did not see you address details posted, instead I saw "What is your address" so he can take legal action for posting a free version of Autotrax which for obvious reason was either edited out or was always a devious plot to create flaming.

I personally do not give a damn that Iilya was ejected but I would like to see a couple of others moderated in the same way.

Tac Eht Xilef

« Reply #344 on: August 10, 2015, 07:50:17 am »
So did you see the post did you copy the post? Apart from firewalker did anyone else see the post, did the moderators see the post?

For what it's worth I saw Iliya's post & made a screenshot of it. It was just past 3am for me & I was going back to bed, so I was going to report it to the mods after I got up. When I looked later that morning, Iliya's post was gone.

Wraper posted an image (with address & Google maps link removed) above; it's a slightly later & expanded edit of the one I grabbed (which itself is of an edit made a couple of minutes after the original post), but the blacked-out bits correspond to the address & link in my screenshot.

Firewalker, PM me if you want a copy or would like me to delete it.

Offline mswhin63

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #345 on: August 10, 2015, 07:50:27 am »
Maybe it is time for the moderators to lock the thread, it serves no real purpose any more

Offline mswhin63

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #346 on: August 10, 2015, 07:53:48 am »
If you have the post then post it to the moderators and let them see and confirm the posting. Hopefully they will post a message and lock the thread.

I have no need to see the message, only confirmation.

For what it's worth I saw Iliya's post & made a screenshot of it. It was just past 3am for me & I was going back to bed, so I was going to report it to the mods after I got up. When I looked later that morning, Iliya's post was gone.

Wraper posted an image (with address & Google maps link removed) above; it's a slightly later & expanded edit of the one I grabbed (which itself is of an edit made a couple of minutes after the original post), but the blacked-out bits correspond to the address & link in my screenshot.

Firewalker, PM me if you want a copy or would like me to delete it.

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #347 on: August 10, 2015, 07:57:13 am »
c4757p made the highly offensive remarks.

He has been told to pull his head in.

he has been banned under the assumption which I have not seen about the private address remark.

He posted a users full name and address, evidence for such has been provided in the screen shot posted.
That instantly got him banned, as it will anyone else who does it.

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #348 on: August 10, 2015, 08:02:39 am »
Highly offensive? Iliya shared a customer's private information that was given to him with trust. That's slimy and disgusting and I told him so. Then he lied and I told him he was a liar. Profane? Sure. I was angry at him. I was stunned that he did something so wrong and so stupid. No, I don't normally talk like that. But I fail to see how it was "highly offensive". Iliya demonstrated himself very clearly here to be a piece of shit.

You just did it again.
I had to delete one of your posts. Don't make me have to do it again, because if the moderators have to hit the delete button too many times on a particular user, the next button hit is the ban button.
Play nice.

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #349 on: August 10, 2015, 08:05:04 am »
So your problem with me is just profanity? Perhaps here I used a bit more of that than is often deemed socially desirable, but dude, they're words.

A reminder to all, you can't just swear like a drunken sailor in this forum. Sure they are "just words", but we are trying to  keep a higher standard here.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf