Author Topic: Free DSP ebook  (Read 5204 times)

Offline McMonsterTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • McMonster's blog
Free DSP ebook
« on: March 17, 2012, 07:39:46 pm »
More free knowledge from the Internet, digital signal processing this time:

http://www.dspguide.com/

I've read some fragments, looks very interesting. My only problem is that I have so much work it'll take a while until I'l read it. :(

Offline T4P

• Super Contributor
    • T4P
Re: Free DSP ebook
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 07:51:29 pm »
Nice Find  ;D Thanks !

alm

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 09:33:45 pm »
I don't see the point in arguing who saw this book 'first', this book has been available from this website forever. Still, there will always people that haven't seen it yet, so it's good to remind people of the valuable resources now and then.

Offline PeterG

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 10:23:28 pm »
More free knowledge from the Internet, digital signal processing this time:

http://www.dspguide.com/

I've read some fragments, looks very interesting. My only problem is that I have so much work it'll take a while until I'l read it. :(

It is always good to see people posting original links, not links to third party websites such as Dangerous Prototypes.

Nice Find McMonster  ;D

Regards
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:01:37 am by PeterG »
Testing one two three...

Offline slateraptor

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 11:05:46 pm »
I really don't care being the first to spot it, I am not looking for recognition, thanks!

But beside a dubious appropriation and a more ethic problem, let's just be practical here: whenever you find a valuable piece of information from somewhere, you just say from where: there may also be other valuable pointers for curious readers out there!

So I am taking this opportunity to remind people all the valuable resources available at Dangerous Prototypes ;)

If there's any valuable piece of information, it's on dspguide.com; who gives a shit about some pseudo press release.

Also, I'm taking this opportunity to remind people of all the valuable resources available at your LOCAL PUBLIC LIBRARY. Lyons and Proakis for authoritative texts on DSP...and thank your librarian on the way out. ::)

Offline AntiProtonBoy

• Frequent Contributor
  • I think I passed the Voight-Kampff test.
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 09:49:52 am »
Cheers McMonster  ;)

• Frequent Contributor
    • McMonster's blog
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 10:06:23 am »
Personally I think posting the original source was a better idea, I don't see a need to credit DP here. People are interested in the book itself, not in a post about the book. Sorry, but I don't feel it's unethical. If I posted it on my own blog then yes, I would certainly credit Dangerous Prototypes.

Offline slateraptor

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 10:32:36 am »
Sorry, I thought people here would have more ethics :-\ Yet another delusion.

The only one delusional here is you; your hacker ethos is a complete debauchery.

What's the difference between you linking to an app note and Dave linking to an app note? It's called non-trivial original content; Dave spends the time to create a whole bloody video enumerating the note and his expressing professional opinion, whereas you simply mention a link and expect credit for what amounts to nothing.

What's the difference between you linking to a sub-set of app notes and Kent Lundberg linking to 51? Again, non-trivial original content which not only summarizes the note and expresses opinion, but also discusses subtle details seldom noticed by anyone with less than historical intent. That kind of work is creditable, not some bloody 1-liner blog post with zero original content.

Offline EEwannabe

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 07:16:55 pm »

Offline slateraptor

• Frequent Contributor

• Frequent Contributor
    • McMonster's blog
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 09:43:05 pm »
Note to myself, use search next time. :P