Author Topic: EU mandantory chat control  (Read 17363 times)

Offline PartialDischargeTopic starter

• Super Contributor
EU mandantory chat control
« on: May 13, 2022, 07:07:10 am »
I'm just going to leave this here:

The European Commission went a step further on the 11 May 2022 by presenting a proposal which would make chat control mandatory for all e-mail and messenger providers and would even apply to so far securely end-to-end encrypted communication services.

https://www.patrick-breyer.de/en/posts/messaging-and-chat-control/

Online MK14

• Super Contributor
Re: EU mandantory chat control
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 07:12:58 am »
Well I think that's [R E S T  O F  M E S S A G E - automatically hidden/deleted and restricted, due to violation of new EU Rule #643426.  Offenders IP address recorded and sent back to mothership[EU] . . . ]

So much for freedom of speech.

The following users thanked this post: Galenbo

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 08:50:12 am »
The European Commission went a step further ..... make chat control mandatory for all e-mail and messenger providers and would even apply to so far securely end-to-end encrypted communication services.

Shortened the quote down to the bullet point.

I'm not European, simple question, does EU elites are "ELECTED" official by the people ?

Offline Neper

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 10:51:37 am »
Similar attempts on a national level, e.g. that by Ursula von der Leyen in her days as German Minister for Family Affairs, have failed, and so will this one. All she got from it was her nickname 'Censursula'. 
If I knew everything I'd be starving because no-one could afford me.

The following users thanked this post: tom66, Galenbo, MK14

Offline PartialDischargeTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2022, 11:01:22 am »
Similar attempts on a national level, e.g. that by Ursula von der Leyen in her days as German Minister for Family Affairs, have failed, and so will this one. All she got from it was her nickname 'Censursula'.

I disagree, it will go through, one excuse at a time EU is becoming ....., well I cannot say.
 Recently, the "European Parliament's Civil Liberties Committee" extended the Covid pass to 2023, gotta laugh.

Offline Miyuki

• Frequent Contributor
    • Me on youtube
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2022, 11:05:54 am »
The European Commission went a step further ..... make chat control mandatory for all e-mail and messenger providers and would even apply to so far securely end-to-end encrypted communication services.

Shortened the quote down to the bullet point.

I'm not European, simple question, does EU elites are "ELECTED" official by the people ?
Those things come from the European Commission, which is an "independent" institution where every state have its representative what shall be independent of country government
How I understand it they make EU laws
And they are not elected
It is a weird system

Offline tom66

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics Hobbyist & FPGA/Embedded Systems EE
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2022, 11:31:43 am »
The EU commission are broadly the same as the civil service in many EU states.

They write the laws, based on political input.  However, the laws are put before the parliament.  If they are not voted on, they don't actually become law.

This is not really any different to how the UK parliamentary system does it for example.  The civil service writes most of the legal text on advisement of ministers, MPs, industry, etc.  This text still needs to pass both houses (or the commons plus one year) to become law and can be variously altered by the parliament. (I can't recall if the EU parliament can add amendments to text from the commission or not.)

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2022, 11:50:18 am »

I disagree, it will go through, one excuse at a time EU is becoming ....., well I cannot say.
 Recently, the "European Parliament's Civil Liberties Committee" extended the Covid pass to 2023, gotta laugh.

Its becomes better at each iterations, say than ... North Korea.  :-DD

Meh, this is nothing , its even works across countries and "ocean", fine example -> US secretly issued subpoena to access UK's Guardian reporter’s phone records  >:D 

Offline themadhippy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2022, 12:01:45 pm »
At last a benefit of brexit,the uk wont need to participate,instead fugly patel and narcissistic dorries can can impose there own much more intrusive version.

Offline magic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2022, 01:11:41 pm »
Indeed, I have always been in favor of Brexit for similar reasons.
France and Germany need to go next >:D

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2022, 01:38:50 pm »
No worries! The Court of Justice of the European Union will declare that nonsense null and void sooner or later. We had similar cases already several times. The sad thing is that the EU Commission is repeatedly ignoring court decisions.

The following users thanked this post: hans, Galenbo, Miyuki, MK14, Neper

Offline themadhippy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2022, 02:04:07 pm »
The sad thing is that the EU Commission is repeatedly ignoring court decisions.
of course they will,there not paying the fines out of there own pockets,instead joe public is asked forced to pay a bit more into the central fund.Take the fines out of the bureaucrats salary's and we'd soon see change.

Offline eugene

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2022, 03:26:50 pm »
I'm curious about something. If the EU Commission can write laws, how do they enforce those laws? Laws mean nothing if they cannot be enforced.
90% of quoted statistics are fictional

Offline tom66

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics Hobbyist & FPGA/Embedded Systems EE
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2022, 03:34:25 pm »
I'm curious about something. If the EU Commission can write laws, how do they enforce those laws? Laws mean nothing if they cannot be enforced.

Once the law is passed by the EU Parliament it is enforced by the agencies that the Commission operates and oversees.

This is really not any different to how any government enforces laws: they pay police officers, detectives, judges, prisons...

Offline dave j

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2022, 03:43:45 pm »
Don't kid yourself.

All EU countries propose/support legislation at the EU level that they know will be unpopular at home and then, when the time comes to implement it in their nation's laws, claim the EU made them do it. The UK were at least as keen exploiters of such behaviour as anyone else when they were members.

Like all the 'evil EU introducing mad/bad laws' stories, this legislation didn't come from the EU commissioners, it came from the MEPs who asked them to produce it.

As @themadhippy said, a UK government will try to introduce something even worse in the UK. They've already had a go on a couple of occasions already.
I'm not David L Jones. Apparently I actually do have to point this out.

The following users thanked this post: newbrain

Offline eugene

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2022, 03:57:53 pm »

Once the law is passed by the EU Parliament it is enforced by the agencies that the Commission operates and oversees.

This is really not any different to how any government enforces laws: they pay police officers, detectives, judges, prisons...

So the independent EU countries are not only bound to laws written by the EU Commission, but are required to use their own criminal justice system to enforce those laws?

That seems wrong to me ideologically. But I suppose if everyone agrees to it...
90% of quoted statistics are fictional

Offline Miyuki

• Frequent Contributor
    • Me on youtube
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2022, 04:18:53 pm »
Don't kid yourself.

All EU countries propose/support legislation at the EU level that they know will be unpopular at home and then, when the time comes to implement it in their nation's laws, claim the EU made them do it. The UK were at least as keen exploiters of such behaviour as anyone else when they were members.

Like all the 'evil EU introducing mad/bad laws' stories, this legislation didn't come from the EU commissioners, it came from the MEPs who asked them to produce it.

As @themadhippy said, a UK government will try to introduce something even worse in the UK. They've already had a go on a couple of occasions already.

Oh, of course
They must pass this new law because of that bad EU  ::)
Pretty common
Even when it never was the real truth. It always was just a recommendation or way milder regulation was required.

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2022, 04:29:19 pm »

So the independent EU countries are not only bound to laws written by the EU Commission, but are required to use their own criminal justice system to enforce those laws?

That seems wrong to me ideologically. But I suppose if everyone agrees to it...
EU law takes primacy over national laws. While this might look strange, it is actually a great way of preventing your national lawmakers doing some shady things, like they are always trying.
Everyone has rights to basic human decency, child support, social security, vacation days, and nobody is murdered by the juridical system. It's great. You guys should try it, maybe the US wouldn't be such a miserable place.

Anyway, this seems to go against the recent GDPR and anti data hoarding that the EU was implementing as a law. Having a proposal means nothing. You tell annoying people to write a proposal, so they are busy with it, instead of japping about it constantly.

The following users thanked this post: newbrain, JPortici

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2022, 04:38:42 pm »

It will be enforced, it must be, as this is the preparation steps as the tsunami of hardship is coming to EU countries, as criticizing or opposing voices must be crushed, hence this policy. Look what happened in Canada on the truck protesters and their supporters, freshly just few months ago.

Just watch this 15 minutes commentaries on the ongoing complete deindustrialisation of Germany that is happening now, as hard times are coming.

Offline PKTKS

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2022, 04:51:53 pm »
WTF is that...   

so every device now with a cam and mic will be monitored as well ?

have not proper insults for that..

Paul

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2022, 05:03:02 pm »
WTF is that...   

Paul

Even better, including your money in the bank, if you opposed. Just look what happened to Canada's truck protester supporters, even these donators (common avg. Joe/Jane) donated for the protest just for a few dollars, their whole bank account got freezed out, and probably got questioned by law officer or worst detained and subject to court decision.  >:D

Consider to move to North Korea, at there at least they've done it transparently.  :-DD

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2022, 05:37:13 pm »
This is awful, but anyone getting surprised by this would sure have been sleeping for the past decade or so.

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2022, 05:40:11 pm »

Independent? :-DD

But yes. Actually, EU members are required to transpose EU directives to national laws, so that's how it all unfolds.
That is "funny", as EU directives are "minimal requirements". So members are free to transpose them to national laws that are overdoing it.
That is called "gold plating", and some countries are particularly effective at gold plating. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold-plating_(European_Union_law)

Online Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2022, 05:59:09 pm »
WTF is that...   

Paul

How you actually work with such a massive quantity of data seems to elude most people. Sure you can scan for keywords at a basic level but if it could be as bad as people make out basically we will all have to be government employees monitoring each other.....

Offline Miyuki

• Frequent Contributor
    • Me on youtube
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2022, 06:09:12 pm »
WTF is that...   

Paul

How you actually work with such a massive quantity of data seems to elude most people. Sure you can scan for keywords at a basic level but if it could be as bad as people make out basically we will all have to be government employees monitoring each other.....
Modern AI is pretty powerful and it will run on your hardware so it free for the government
Plus making a new ministry with gazillion employees is always welcomed by the politicians
Then they just collect a list of suspicious people. And then just investigate a few random unlucky dudes to appear how great it works.

The following users thanked this post: Vovk_Z

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf