Author Topic: Eevblog shop invoice  (Read 2540 times)

Offline HexureusTopic starter

• Contributor
Eevblog shop invoice
« on: February 20, 2018, 09:26:44 pm »
Hi,
I recently purchased a bm235 but unfortunately is held by customs.
I need to provide an invoice, the one that Dave sent me when i purchased the multimeter but unfortunately i had a mishap with K9mail on my phone and ended up deleting the email both on the phone and gmail server.
I was wondering if theres any way i can retrieve it from the shop website other than waiting for Dave to send me the invoice again.

Offline Beamin

• Super Contributor
  • If you think my Boobs are big you should see my ba
Re: Eevblog shop invoice
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 10:08:27 pm »
Hi,
I need to provide an invoice, the one that Dave sent me when i purchased the multimeter but unfortunately i had a mishap with K9mail on my phone and ended up deleting the email both on the phone and gmail server.
I was wondering if theres any way i can retrieve it from the shop website other than waiting for Dave to send me the invoice again.

Some time Dave hides drugs inside the multimeter. He calls it a surprise for when you go down to customs. He always checks your local laws to make sure the weight is just enough to get an intent to distribute charge :) Wait you live in Portugal with 21 century drugs laws never mind!

I would email him directly he always good about answering them in a timely fashion. Why would customs hold up such an inexpensive item? Do they claim tax is due?
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 191
Images in your signature must be no greater than 500x25 pixels

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 10:23:36 pm »
Unfortunately anything worth more then 22€ (Don't know where they get that value from) is subject to tax+customs fees+post office fees. In summary we have to pay 23% tax plus 15 to 20 euro  |O |O
What makes me mad is that I had sent the paperwork, paypal invoice, print screen from my debit card and link from the website of purchase on the day of its arrival which was on the 8th, they only requested it formally 2 days ago and today i got a reply saying that the information i sent was not enough and that the invoice needs to have my name and address on it. Portugal really sucks if you have to buy outside Schengen area.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 10:29:34 pm by Hexureus »

Offline Beamin

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 10:48:51 pm »
That's crazy restrictive. It must be to keep jobs in the country to stop importing everything like the US does from china? Also you guys have legal drugs and you don't have to worry about your kids getting mowed down by machine guns when you send them to school so I could live with that while having to pay extra for imports.  :scared:

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 10:54:52 pm »
I don't mind paying extra taxes on imports, I even think its fair. What is unfair is the lousy service that customs provide and speed.
As for the drugs, they are not legal, just decriminalized since 2000's. If you get caught with drugs in amounts considered for self use you get advised to use the (free) services of a psychologist. Since the decriminalization of drugs, drug usage dropped dramatically.

Offline soubitos

• Frequent Contributor
    • I sell on Tindie
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 12:08:32 am »
we go down the same way here in Greece.
Unfortunately, this is an  EU thing, they want to tax EVERYTHING coming outside the EU by 2020.
It is not about jobs in EU either as the big multinationals will always have cheaper customs fees, evade taxation, do triangular invoicing to pay taxes in some tax heaven etc... at the end of the day, its all about controlling the market and for some, to take a piece of everything bought and sold.. not so the state but companies...

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 12:33:43 am »
Unfortunately anything worth more then 22€ (Don't know where they get that value from) is subject to tax+customs fees+post office fees. In summary we have to pay 23% tax plus 15 to 20 euro  |O |O
What makes me mad is that I had sent the paperwork, paypal invoice, print screen from my debit card and link from the website of purchase on the day of its arrival which was on the 8th, they only requested it formally 2 days ago and today i got a reply saying that the information i sent was not enough and that the invoice needs to have my name and address on it. Portugal really sucks if you have to buy outside Schengen area.

So you paid with paypal, if you go to your paypal account and click the transaction doesn't it show your name and address?
Every transaction I'm looking at here has it.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 07:35:47 am »
It doesn't show on my PayPal invoice

Online tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 11:35:28 am »
Hi,
I thought gmail didn’t actually delete, but rather just archived??

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 06:57:44 am »
I thought gmail didn’t actually delete, but rather just archived??

Gmail allows you do do either. You can also download all the data in your Google account as a backup and delete everything from the cloud. I do this every few years. There is rarely a reason I need to look at an old e-mail, but if I do, I can just find it from the MBOX file I have on on my file server.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline Beamin

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2018, 10:18:18 am »
we go down the same way here in Greece.
Unfortunately, this is an  EU thing, they want to tax EVERYTHING coming outside the EU by 2020.
It is not about jobs in EU either as the big multinationals will always have cheaper customs fees, evade taxation, do triangular invoicing to pay taxes in some tax heaven etc... at the end of the day, its all about controlling the market and for some, to take a piece of everything bought and sold.. not so the state but companies...

I always looked at the euro as a credit card that was in Greece's name and Germany's name. Greece goes out and racks up the bill buying shit and Germany has to pay it back. Sweet deal for Greece.

Offline DimitriP

• Super Contributor
  • "Best practices" are best not practiced.© Dimitri
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2018, 01:39:20 pm »
I always looked at the euro as a credit card that was in Greece's name and Germany's name. Greece goes out and racks up the bill buying shit and Germany has to pay it back. Sweet deal for Greece.

If 'ya wanna complain about Greek spending...you can always start a new thread.

This is a "bitch session" about customs :)
   If three 100  Ohm resistors are connected in parallel, and in series with a 200 Ohm resistor, how many resistors do you have? 

Offline Stray Electron

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2018, 03:32:18 am »
  Sometimes I think the US is seriously FU'd but then I see the CRAP like this that people in Europe have to put up with!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf