Author Topic: Elon Musk spaceship ready for Mars in 2019  (Read 8395 times)

Offline raptor1956

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Elon Musk spaceship ready for Mars in 2019
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2018, 10:40:59 pm »
Read my lips: narcissist and liar Musk will not deliver on his claim.

Boy, you have a hair up your ass about Musk -- he pass you over for a job or something?

I've seen many narcissists and many more liars and am pretty good at recognizing them, perhaps you can illuminate us on your reasons to conclude that Musk is both.

Lastly, as to his statement (not claim) that they will go to Mars in 2019 -- I've already said that 2019 is unlikely but it is also possible.  They will not be putting PEOPLE on Mars then, he never CLAIMED to be doing so and it's my guess that the mission will include an orbiter and a lander, very likely with a rover.  This is not beyond there capability as should be evident by the fact that SpaceX has a mission, currently in space, that will travel BEYOND Mars.  They don't need BFR to get to Mars as the FH is enough for the mission I outlined.

Brian

Offline MT

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2018, 10:43:45 pm »
And BTW, don't get me wrong. I'm a huge advocate for becoming a multi-planet species.

Other extraterrestrial species may see us homo sapiens as an invasive bacteria/vermin and decides terminate
our existence with the same arguments as we do on planet earth. They might not fancy yet another homosapiens intervention.

Besides its not written into rune stones homo sapiens have any right to go to other planets.

Besides Musk is a PAYPAL fraud and "autopilot" fraud look how his cars rear ends things, first firetrucks
now he tried the sun but failed so now he will rear-end planet earth. It will take some time but eventually. :)

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2018, 10:45:44 pm »
Read my lips: narcissist and liar Musk will not deliver on his claim.

Do you even know what he said about 2019?  :palm:
FWIW Musk already delivered way more than 99.999% of people on the Earth.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2018, 10:51:33 pm »
The human spirit is strange: we could spend billions of dollars to go to the Moon or Mars but there is no money to feed or cure millions of people ...  :'(
Then WTF you bought your smartphone and TV. Even 5% of the money spent on those time waster things is way more than a whole planet spends on the rocket technology. And what a result from it? Time wasted on social networks and other useless things plus ridiculous amounts of e-waste.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 11:04:28 pm by wraper »

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2018, 10:54:49 pm »
this is another "i'm clever than them" thread. people dont go to somewhere just to die, no matter how close there are. people dont invest just because they can and have more money to burn. people can climb hundreds of meters top barge pole here on earth and take selfie, post in fartbook and a stunt publicity it will become (look how much more people following those idiots) its just a matter of putting it in mainstream channel hosted by some clever shake spears. if there is hope, they will struggle for it, no matter how far or close... its their money anyway, imho...

I think there are many valid arguments in this thread, perhaps a bit negative but closer to reality than the pseudoscience driving the "optimists with a vision" who thinks they can colonize Mars in 2019.
And I think there are many in this tread who don't get their facts right. All musk said is they will be doing first suborbital tests in 2019.

Offline ggchab

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2018, 06:55:48 am »
The human spirit is strange: we could spend billions of dollars to go to the Moon or Mars but there is no money to feed or cure millions of people ...  :'(
Then WTF you bought your smartphone and TV. Even 5% of the money spent on those time waster things is way more than a whole planet spends on the rocket technology. And what a result from it? Time wasted on social networks and other useless things plus ridiculous amounts of e-waste.
Isn't this confirming the rule ? (I have an "old" Galaxy S6 and will keep it as long as the battery lasts). But industries must make (a lot of) profit to maintain the level of employment and, the most important, give money to shareholders who already have a lot of money. The more more you have money, the more you can make money: positive feedback  :palm: Can this lead to an equilibrium ? We already had economic crises and there will be more until we learn from our mistakes.

Most people are selfish and this was probably required to survive the evolution. But today, we have sciences, technologies, education (sadly, this is not true everywhere) that should take over this "basic instinct" (there are others  ;D). But this is going to be very difficult ...

Offline raptor1956

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2018, 11:24:33 pm »
And BTW, don't get me wrong. I'm a huge advocate for becoming a multi-planet species.

Other extraterrestrial species may see us homo sapiens as an invasive bacteria/vermin and decides terminate
our existence with the same arguments as we do on planet earth. They might not fancy yet another homosapiens intervention.

Besides its not written into rune stones homo sapiens have any right to go to other planets.

Besides Musk is a PAYPAL fraud and "autopilot" fraud look how his cars rear ends things, first firetrucks
now he tried the sun but failed so now he will rear-end planet earth. It will take some time but eventually. :)

WTF are you talking about?  In what way is/was Musk a PAYPAL froud -- what is/was fraudulent about it?

In what way is a couple autopilot issues proof of fraud, and whatever does fraud mean in this context?

You and Bud need to get a room!

Brian

The following users thanked this post: wraper

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf