Author Topic: EEVblog disappeared from Tapatalk?  (Read 19010 times)

Offline darrylp

• Regular Contributor
Re: EEVblog disappeared from Tapatalk?
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2014, 07:01:56 pm »
And working nicely for me now. Many thanks

--
Darryl

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2014, 01:29:57 am »
I nuked it and tried again, and seems to be authenticating now, but I haven't tried the actual app yet.
If it works now, no idea why it didn't last time.

Works great Dave thanks a billion! So happy to have it back.

Edit: Editing posts now works with the updated plugin. Also the forum feels very fast and responsive!
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Offline orbiter

• Frequent Contributor
  • -0 Resistance is Futile
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2014, 09:11:02 am »
Following an update to the app itself all seems to be working again,  nothing in the bug report mentioning forum issues so not sure if it was the update that fixed it or Dave's nuke.  Either way.. Beauty :-)

Online zaptaTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2014, 02:48:49 pm »
I vote for getting rid of Tapatalk support completely. No need for the rest of us to put up with that shit.

Give it a try. It works great and you can read eevblog on the go.

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2014, 04:35:04 pm »
I vote for getting rid of Tapatalk support completely. No need for the rest of us to put up with that shit.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Offline staxquad

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eye Candy
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2014, 05:38:35 pm »

I'm at a loss to figure out in what way you have to "put up with that shit".

If you don't use it, you shouldn't even know it is available on EEVBlog, and as far as I know, it doesn't impede you from using any other browser on any other device.

"TEPCO Fukushima you long time"
You say Vegemite, I say Yosemite. (Ve-gem-mit-tee, Yo-zey-might)  
"For starters : you're Canadian...."

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2014, 09:42:58 pm »

If you don't use it, you shouldn't even know it is available on EEVBlog, and as far as I know, it doesn't impede you from using any other browser on any other device.

He's bothered by the signatures that Tapatalk adds. Yes because he has to read one extra line of text everyone who enjoys this program should be inconvenienced.

Offline staxquad

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eye Candy
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2014, 10:23:05 pm »

He's bothered by the signatures that Tapatalk adds. Yes because he has to read one extra line of text everyone who enjoys this program should be inconvenienced.

I usually delete that line before submitting, but included it here to display the fact that I actually used the now working Tapatalk to reply (this reply from my laptop).

In Tapatalk, going into settings, you have the option for "Tapatalk Signature" to display 1: "None", 2: "Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2", 3: "Sent from my Nexus" or 4: "Customize", with device and Tapatalk version differences.  The default is #2.  I've just selected #1.   
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 12:21:12 am by staxquad »

Offline orbiter

• Frequent Contributor
  • -0 Resistance is Futile
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2014, 10:57:15 am »
With all the things going on around us im not in the least bothered by a few extra letters joined together underneath a post.

Sent from my great HTC One using TT Pro ;-)

Offline staxquad

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eye Candy
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2014, 03:48:17 pm »
I'm bothered by the stupid Tapatalk pop-up that appears on half the sites I visit, although fortunately not on EEVBlog. I installed their app just to rate it 1 star and then uninstalled it. Spamming deserves to be punished.

Also "posted from my X" is just branding yourself as a retard. It says "I'm too dumb to figure out how to turn this off", or even worse "Look everybody I have an iPhone! My life now has meaning!"

it displays by default, and until the user figures it out, he might not want it there anyway

do you have many insignificant annoyances?

maybe your winging is more annoying than what you complain about, have you pondered that?

Offline staxquad

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eye Candy
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2014, 09:40:53 pm »
A quick google reveals I am not alone. There are loads of threads complaining about Tapatalk. Since when was spamming people with pop-ups advertising commercial crapware the moment they visit a site okay?

Quote from: mojo-chan
I'm bothered by the stupid Tapatalk pop-up that appears on half the sites I visit, although fortunately not on EEVBlog.

You are bothered by the pop ups that appear at other sites, so why are you complaining here?

If you want to complain, do it at those sites, not here.   People might not understand your ulterior motives to berate Tapatalk for EEVBlog, and might mistakenly not consider obtaining the useful tool.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:51:48 pm by staxquad »

Offline hlavac

• Frequent Contributor
Tapatalk crap
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2014, 01:54:28 pm »
WOW! A full screen ad for tapatalk instead of forums!
And a ribbon on top to add insult to injury when I say no!
Seriously, Tapatalk salesmen, DIE IN FIRE!!!!
Good enough is the enemy of the best.

Offline SteveyG

• Supporter
  • Soldering Equipment Guru
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2014, 08:33:56 pm »
Hmm, today I seem to be getting non stop full page banners for tapatalk cap every time I click on a page. Anyone else getting this? Who even uses this mal ware anymore given how good phone and tablet screens are now??
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/sdgelectronics/
Use code: “SDG5” to get 5% off JBC Equipment at Kaisertech

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf