Author Topic: Did US Astronaut land on the moon for real?  (Read 58202 times)

Offline bsudbrink

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Did US Astronaut land on the moon for real?
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2018, 05:15:55 pm »
Perhaps you are very stupid?

You can't imagine how many mistakes I did in the past. Opening a therad like this was the last one.  :palm:

Hmm. So you CAN learn? So all is not lost!

I think Antarctica is fake. How can it be cold there if the sun shines during the day? It's warm here at the same time!
Actually most of Antarctica is in darkness for 24 hours per day, when it's warm in Canada.
So, that's why polar bears don't eat penguins. They can't find them in the dark.  ;)

Groan.  Good grief, now this thread really does need to be locked.

Online ZuccaTopic starter

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2018, 05:19:12 pm »
Before it gets locked, I am sorry.

Merrx Xmas everybody.
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

Online bsfeechannel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2018, 05:19:47 pm »
Plus the Soviet Union would have loved to prove it fake.

Let's suppose the Soviets claimed to have gotten there first. How would Americans prove it fake?

Offline radioactive

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2018, 05:20:31 pm »
..i don't think you can look at how much money was thrown at the problem only, you need to see how highly motivated the people working on it were. there was a serious golden bullet mentality that really motivated people..

Born a little too late to know that era, but that is the sense that I get from watching lots of documentaries on the subject.  It was a time when 400,000 people working on something became more than the sum of their parts because of a common goal.  The ironic thing about it all (to me) is all the public monies spent on this project in order to prove that capitalism is better than communism.

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2018, 05:27:40 pm »
In my heart I believe a man was walking on the moon, but my brain is still not 100% convinced. It seems technically impossible. Please help.

PS: Am I becoming like a flat earth guy?  :scared:

PPS: Any good book I can read on this topic?

Start here and work your way up to the moon landing -

Cogito Ergo Sum
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline bsudbrink

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2018, 05:28:56 pm »
Plus the Soviet Union would have loved to prove it fake.

Let's suppose the Soviets claimed to have gotten there first. How would Americans prove it fake?
The simplest way would to be to demonstrate that the video signals (apparently emanating from the moon) were actually being transmitted from the earth.  The signals sent from the moon by the US missions were freely available for reception by any other government and private citizens (hams).  Even if some sort of automated re-transmitter were landed on the moon, it would be easy to detect the actual source of the transmissions, unless you want to imagine that the whole thing was recorded and sent (canned) to the moon.

Offline In Vacuo Veritas

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
  • I like vacuum tubes. Electrons exist, holes don't.
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2018, 05:29:17 pm »
The ironic thing about it all (to me) is all the public monies spent on this project in order to prove that capitalism is better than communism.

Glad you see it too. Even funnier are the mental gymnastics required to deny it.

Offline Canis Dirus Leidy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2018, 05:29:28 pm »
And now it is time to discover the terrifying truth:

:-DD :popcorn:

Offline bsudbrink

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2018, 05:32:07 pm »
Looks interesting (2001 a Space Odyssey is one of my favorite movies), but I'm afraid I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to human languages (I barely manage English).  Translation please?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 05:34:45 pm by bsudbrink »

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2018, 05:34:26 pm »
So, that's why polar bears don't eat penguins. They can't find them in the dark.  ;)

I hear that penguins taste like crap, too oily.  Probably gives the polar bears the craps.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline ArthurDent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2018, 05:36:33 pm »
This 'documentary' seems to show Mexico was on the moon.

Offline bsudbrink

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2018, 05:37:25 pm »

I hear that penguins taste like crap, too oily.  Probably gives the polar bears the craps.

Tim Hunkin (The Secret Life of Machines) claims that they make great candles for the same reason.

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2018, 05:40:39 pm »

Tim Hunkin (The Secret Life of Machines) claims that they make great candles for the same reason.

You have to get past the smell, though.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

The following users thanked this post: bsudbrink

Offline Benta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2018, 05:43:01 pm »

Absolutely unlikely.
Work out the reason for yourself.

The following users thanked this post: tpowell1830

Online bsfeechannel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2018, 05:46:27 pm »
The signals sent from the moon by the US missions were freely available for reception by any other government and private citizens (hams).  Even if some sort of automated re-transmitter were landed on the moon, it would be easy to detect the actual source of the transmissions, unless you want to imagine that the whole thing was recorded and sent (canned) to the moon.

Let's suppose now that that is exactly what the American government did (I'm not saying they did). How would you expose the whole sham?

Offline Canis Dirus Leidy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2018, 05:57:08 pm »
Looks interesting (2001 a Space Odyssey is one of my favorite movies), but I'm afraid I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to human languages (I barely manage English).  Translation please?
TL&DR: mocks those "moon landing filmed by Stanley Kubrick" accusations. A brief translation:

NASA: We are lagging behind the Russians and offer you to make a film, so that everyone thinks that we are the first.
Kubrick: OK. Here is the bill
NASA: But for that kind of money you can fly to the Moon!
Kubrick: Then fly.

Kubrick: No no no. Do not forget about lesser gravity on the Moon! And put on a helmet, the Moon don't have atmosphere.
Actor: I don't need an Oscar posthumously!

Kubrick: Everything are unnatural, plywood, fake. Where to get good exteriors? (looking at moon)

Actor: That's one small step for man, one giant leap for cinema!
Kubrick: CUT! That is another thing! Perfect location!

Offline bsudbrink

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2018, 05:57:18 pm »
The signals sent from the moon by the US missions were freely available for reception by any other government and private citizens (hams).  Even if some sort of automated re-transmitter were landed on the moon, it would be easy to detect the actual source of the transmissions, unless you want to imagine that the whole thing was recorded and sent (canned) to the moon.

Let's suppose now that that is exactly what the American government did (I'm not saying they did). How would you expose the whole sham?

Re-transmitter?  Override the US signal and have Kosygin address the earth from the moon.  Canned?  Try to disrupt things so that the canned transmissions go off/out of schedule.  Either case, photograph the astronauts on the earth with evidence of date and location, disproving that they are on the moon.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2018, 05:58:21 pm »
If it was faked, how has the secret been kept for nearly 50 years?  Thousands of people would have been involved in the conspiracy including the media and we know they can't keep a secret.  Somebody would have written a book just before they died!

The first landing was the greatest technological achievement of all time.  Here it is, nearly 50 years later, and no country has come close to recreating it.

We made 6 landings and 12 astronauts have walked on the surface.

That's the funny thing, if it was faked, it was the most flawlessly executed plan in the history of the nation, involving tens of thousands of people and foreign superpowers that would have absolutely loved to prove it was fake. Faking the whole thing so flawlessly would have been a far greater challenge than just going to the moon.

The following users thanked this post: HackedFridgeMagnet, Bassman59

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2018, 06:03:02 pm »
i think the space race just got people interested. keep in mind how ww2 made many solders travel the world and see everything (i.e. the same troops and highly intelligent officers got to see europe, africa and asia in in period of 4 years and spend time in the sea).

I think this made the world alot smaller too, especially with how everything started to be televised. Space became the new unknown frontier that was appealing because the world really did begin to feel crowded at that point, travel became much less mysterious then say 50 years prior because of increased documentation and know how... so people try to find the next most mysterious romantic thing.

i think people were crazy about it regardless and the politics is akin to boxing being a sport when you are talking about sports viewing. I always think about The Martian Chronicles as people saw it as a romantic frontieer that you might be able to expand to in order to get out of dead end jobs and become rich.

Now, with all the research being done, you need to do psychological profiles on people to see if they can even handle being up there for a few months (let alone it being some kind of romantic mass migration movement). It's alot harder to get excited about it now for most people.. i find thinking about life on mars depressing rather then interesting based on what we learned so far. Notice how dystopic space became in media since the public learned how it really is? It's hard to imagine it being awesome anymore.

Even star-trek turned into some kind of cyber punk corporate crime stuff.. I think by the time Alien was released people kinda figured out its gonna end up sucking, maybe because of corporate culture. You have endless congressional meetings about NASA budgets, space privatization, disasters because of cheap O-rings and all sorts of ghetto bullshit getting in the way. That cyberpunk view got common for a reason. How can you have the same zeal when you end up thinking its gonna end up thinking like Weyland Yutani?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 06:07:48 pm by coppercone2 »

Online bsfeechannel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2018, 06:07:21 pm »
Either case, photograph the astronauts on the earth with evidence of date and location, disproving that they are on the moon.

Yeah. Those Russian paparazzi were really incompetent.

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2018, 06:13:35 pm »
Also I\it has literally become cool and 'an intelligent stance' to say that space exploration and stuff like the space station is useless.

Now if you say space exploration and experimentation is stupid its basically some kind of statement in which you are saying 'i am smart with my decision making and money'. It can actually get you credit with some people (usually cheap rich fucks). This was just not the case back then. It makes me feel very unenthused when people are literally complaining about it in droves now. This is just why you don't see the same level of engineering progress in such a short time. You can say its the semiconductor field but I think they are more about cost savings in performance then cutting edge stuff. There was no ROI guarantee on successful space exploration, people just did not know what the fuck is going on at all. IMO something like a 2nm semiconductor process has (the unimaginative appearance of) way more of a guarantee then putting a colony on mars. It just shows corporate and financial ingression in our lives and how we are less likely to make risky investments now. One could argue its the rich trying to stay rich.

My opinion is that something like a martian colony really gonna suck ass unless you put alot of money, excitement and time into it. Asking mom for 5$ so you can 'try it out' is just not gonna be get the appeal going. I think you would need plans for a real Mars city that has some kind of use rather then what can be considered a psychological experiment to get people excited. Your just gonna need to go with all the bells and whistles and stuff to get people on board. It's gotta be sick not some clausterphobic camp where you can't go outside where you  experiment with growing potatoes in feces, in doors no less.

I am not sure if I would even want to work in that industry considering how its progressing. How am I gonna get excited about building low cost tents used in a camp ground where you can't go outside?? Maybe if they decided 'hey we are gonna build a spectacular mega structure' I would be interested. This is just weird low budget shit atm.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 06:29:07 pm by coppercone2 »

Offline bsudbrink

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2018, 06:14:16 pm »
Either case, photograph the astronauts on the earth with evidence of date and location, disproving that they are on the moon.

Yeah. Those Russian paparazzi were really incompetent.

Please, let's keep it clear, I absolutely believe that the the US space program landed men on the moon in 1969.  You were the one that wanted to "what if" about proving a hoax.  Your trimming and replies are starting to make it look like I'm a conspiracy nut.

Offline T3sl4co1l

• Super Contributor
  • Expert, Analog Electronics, PCB Layout, EMC
    • Seven Transistor Labs
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2018, 06:30:39 pm »
Perhaps you are very stupid?

You can't imagine how many mistakes I did in the past. Opening a therad like this was the last one.  :palm:

Hmm. So you CAN learn? So all is not lost!

I think Antarctica is fake. How can it be cold there if the sun shines during the day? It's warm here at the same time!
Actually most of Antarctica is in darkness for 24 hours per day, when it's warm in Canada.

Groan.  Good grief, now this thread really does need to be locked.

I'm just glad he's moved his shtick here instead of the IRC chat.

Tim
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electronic design, from concept to prototype.
Bringing a project to life?  Send me a message!

Online bsfeechannel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2018, 06:36:20 pm »
Please, let's keep it clear, I absolutely believe that the the US space program landed men on the moon in 1969.

I didn't have to believe. I saw it with my own eyes. My whole family and I, gathered around a B&W vacuum tube TV on that very day.

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2018, 06:39:18 pm »
you people don't consider the space program anemic now in terms of goals? How do you get excited about this?

all i see is payload costs and serious financial wizardry to keep it going. it's not even cool anymore. more popular but way less cool.

its like the distinction between science fiction and science fact seems way more clear (mostly because of budgets and interest) then it used to be. Everything is considered outlandish now unless its some wig-wam populated by some geologists. You get a cold shut down with anything else when you talk to people.. no one is enthusiastic, creative or grandiose anymore. It's considered stupid. People had like mars city in their heads and now at best you can expect some kinda shanty where nothing is anything more then just a bare bones engineering structure. It's devoid of any kind of culture with a ultra survivalist mentality thats solely perpetrated by cost. If you wanna build an oil rig to get peoples interest you need to make money off of it. They want to make oil rigs that don't make money. Who likes this?????? why ?? its not appealing. You need the romance.

You think spanish mission in the new world but you get a hippy shanty (that will probably be littered with hooka (air) hoses). Its like van life extreme. You can't even film a good TV show about it. Elon musks vision looks like a indian slum.

and dear god I weep if they end up building some kinda city and it ends up looking like a 80's macdonalds (like total recall with arnold).

it's also gotta be kinda loose academically, you can't just do things that make sense doing on mars because your on mars because your gonna end up with a weird bunch of people and a weird martian culture. This will make absolutely no sense to the bean counters. you need to mix it up a little. Or you will end up with a real weird bunch of people. You can't call it a colony if you do that, more like a specific remote research center for the study of this and that. But people want a colony. Not a remote siberian research center.

I know this thread is not about mars but the only hip thing about space right now (kinda) is mars. It will dictate alot of things about space IMO.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 07:08:12 pm by coppercone2 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf