Author Topic: Can't pay with paypal on eevblog store [solved -- bank name in paypal was old]  (Read 2399 times)

Offline Zom-BTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I can't find a 'support' forum so I hope this is the right place, otherwise just move this.

I'm trying to buy a BM235 while the discount lasts, but an stuck at attempting to paying for it.

Paypal complains with:
Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time
 Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay.

The store seems to only offer Paypal (I use it sometimes on other sites even though I hate them for their payment tardiness and their customer support has a reachability of 0%, rounded up), Credit card (I don't have one since I'm Dutch, and The Netherlands is a country of cycling, windmills and debit cards), and Bitcoin (let's not go into that).

Is there any reason why paypal would fail for eevblog? Any way around this? Any other way of paying?

Dave Jones, do you copy?  Can you reserve me one of the BM235 for AU$130 until payment gets sorted out?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 07:09:02 pm by Zom-B »

Offline svelle

Re: Can't pay with paypal on eevblog store
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 08:15:23 pm »
On higher prices PayPal sometimes requires a credit card or PayPal balance to directly pay the amount. Since your from the Netherlands I guess you only use bank transfer/SEPA, right?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 10:18:06 am »
Try adding sufficient funds to your Paypal account to cover the transaction and then pay for the item using the money in your account.

Offline timgiles

• Regular Contributor
  • Programmer, DB architect
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 11:06:47 am »
My order of the BM235 case just went though - payment method Paypal - about 5 mins ago. I paid with one of my registered cards - not a balance on the account.

Regards Tim

Offline Jeroen3

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded Engineer
    • jeroen3.nl
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 11:59:12 am »
Try adding sufficient funds to your Paypal account to cover the transaction and then pay for the item using the money in your account.
Just add enough funds. Seems like you don't have enough trust from paypal.

Dat kan tegenwoordig met iDeal!
Of ben je nog minderjarig?

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 07:08:17 pm »
The error message doesn't say anything about unsufficient funds. Paypal always withdrawals the required amount from my bank at time of paying. I'll try adding funds manually, but the way to add it became a huge chore for some reason somewhere in the past few years. Scrap that. I just found out why it became such a shore: I had Postbank, and Postbank and ING merged, changing the name to ING Bank N.V., but in Paypal the linked bank was still named "Postbank". When I added my bank again (I had two banks added now with identical IBAN), paying the BM235 processed instantly and I didn't even have to log in with 2f authentication (which is a bit weird).

Offline PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
Wow, that merge was more than 8 years ago, how come you didn't find out until now?
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

• Regular Contributor
It continued to work up till recently.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf