Author Topic: Can a DS1102E be converted to a DS1102CA with just firmware?  (Read 3289 times)

Offline PeterGTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Can a DS1102E be converted to a DS1102CA with just firmware?
« on: September 07, 2010, 04:40:24 am »
The main difference between the two is, the CA model can be connected to a Rigol Function Gen to send a signal from the DSO to the FG directly for the FG to reproduce. I am wondering if this is a simple firmware change or if there is some sort of hardware involved.

Both models have USB connections.

Regards
Peter
Testing one two three...

Offline DJPhil

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Can a DS1102E be converted to a DS1102CA with just firmware?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 04:56:27 am »
From what I've read you'd definitely need hardware. Tequipment.net sells the replacement daughter board (I think that's what it is) for about $375US.

There's some details buried here somewhere, I think someone was working on tinkering with the board.

The short version as I remember it is that requires hardware and is somewhere between way too much trouble and impossible depending on your interest.

Offline PeterGTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Can a DS1102E be converted to a DS1102CA with just firmware?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 05:07:26 am »
Where would the extra hardware come in? I know it is almost impossible to add an Logic Analyser to an E class model due to the extra hardware. I cant see where the extra hardware comes in for the CA version which does not have a Logic Analyser?

Regards.

Testing one two three...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf