Author Topic: Buy LG, Samsung, Panasonic, roofer, eve 18650 batteries online and see what the  (Read 456 times)

Offline ASICSTopic starter

• Contributor
I'll put the test data downstairs. The picture is taken from the video and is a bit blurry

Batteries were purchased from 5 suppliers, 1 passed, 1 was up to standard and 3 were fake.

Subsequent to finding a way to make this battery, I purchased some of the materials back.

The following users thanked this post: wraper

• Contributor
Test results
Battery fully charged 4.2V
Discharged 2.8V, 1A

The following users thanked this post: wraper, RoGeorge

Offline NiHaoMike

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
Looks like the LG and Panasonic are counterfeit or old stock, genuine new ones wouldn't perform that poorly.
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

Online RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
Not counterfeits.  Most probably the measurement didn't follow the specifications from the each battery's datasheet.

Each manufacturer specifies the exact conditions for how to charge and how to discharge their battery in order to get the Ah, by each model of battery.  If not done as in the datasheet specifications, there will be different results.

Otherwise, it will be like measuring the volume of air from a car tire, and saying the envelope is fake.  It depends of the pressure it was inflated, and the temperature. 

Similar, the Ah written on a battery is not an exact value.  The Ah is a number specific to the charge-discharge process, the currents used, and to the internal temperature of the battery.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
Not counterfeits.  Most probably the measurement didn't follow the specifications from the each battery's datasheet.
Not counterfeits... just recycled and re-wrapped e-waste.

Offline mendip_discovery

• Frequent Contributor
Use until discharged, re-charge, and test.

Do the above 10 times even before claiming a battery tester is right.
Motorcyclist, Nerd, and I work in a Calibration Lab :-)
--
So everyone is clear, Calibration = Taking Measurement against a known source, Verification = Checking Calibration against Specification, Adjustment = Adjusting the unit to be within specifications.

• Contributor
Use until discharged, re-charge, and test.

Do the above 10 times even before claiming a battery tester is right.

The results are similar for as many times as they are carried out again. They are is recycled and re-wrapped e-waste.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf