Author Topic: Beresheet moon lander crashes...  (Read 4602 times)

Offline mfro

• Regular Contributor
Beethoven wrote his first symphony in C.

Offline stj

• Super Contributor
Re: Beresheet moon lander crashes...
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2019, 08:23:31 pm »
i read on another forum that it was shot by aliens with the message "we told you not to come back!"  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: Electro Detective

Offline igendel

• Frequent Contributor
    • It's Every Bit For Itself (Programming & MCU blog)
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2019, 08:37:35 pm »
i read on another forum that it was shot by aliens with the message "we told you not to come back!"  :-DD

That explains why the Chinese went through all the trouble of landing a probe on the far side of the moon. Those pesky near-side aliens!  :D
Maker projects, tutorials etc. on my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/idogendel/

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2019, 04:20:39 am »
The good news is that we're going to try again  :)

I'm glad to hear that.

To have achieved as much as it had from a first attempt is an admirable result.  It would be a shame to have come so close and not try again.

בהצלחה

The following users thanked this post: igendel

Offline electromotive

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2019, 04:44:50 am »
it does show one very important thing,
they arent short of money and SHOULD NOT be parrasitically sucking money out of the u.s. and germany every year.

It was largely funded by an Israeli billionaire.

Offline igendel

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2019, 07:57:16 am »

No point feeding the troll.

For anyone interested in the details, yes, the X-prize contest terms required that the funding will be from the private sector and not governmental. Therefore, most of the money came from donations - 40% of it from that one billionaire. In return, besides developing the lander, SpaceIL did and are still doing endless lectures and activities in schools and such all over the country, to advance interest in science and math.

When the contest was cancelled (and with it, the promised $20M prize), the government added a few million dollars, probably just to claim the credit as governments usually do...
Maker projects, tutorials etc. on my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/idogendel/

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2019, 09:14:15 am »
it does show one very important thing,
they arent short of money and SHOULD NOT be parrasitically sucking money out of the u.s. and germany every year.

One of Madoff's mates ?   ;D

Seriously though, I don't know where they get their cash but that's a LOT of money to blow on useless benefit big boys toys,
 when it can be used to promote existing technology to grow FOOD and get more WATER happening in the middle east,
and of course solar power etc

As usual, too many networking hell bound wankers with too much money and media control, wasting their lives doing no one any favors  :--  :palm:

Offline igendel

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2019, 11:24:25 am »
One of Madoff's mates ?   ;D

Oh so funny, I'm cracking a rib here.

Seriously though, I don't know where they get their cash but that's a LOT of money to blow on useless benefit big boys toys,
 when it can be used to promote existing technology to grow FOOD and get more WATER happening in the middle east,
and of course solar power etc

Morris Kahn (selected paragraphs from Wikipedia):

He is a principal investor in Aurum Ventures and the clean tech water company Atlantium that uses UV rays to disinfect water  [...] In 2016 Aurum Ventures invested $3 million in a new method of diagnosing cancer [...]

Time to Know is a digital education platform which Kahn first launched as a nonprofit organization focused on improving grade school education.

Kahn supports the work of “Save a Child’s Heart,” (SACH) an organization that brings Israeli doctors around the world to perform life-saving surgery and medical monitoring for children of all races, religions, nationalities, and economic status.

The Morris Kahn Initiative is a $4 million program to help develop pioneering cancer research at Tel Aviv University. The initiative’s aim is to develop 3D cancer modeling of live cancer tumors.

“Big Data Maccabi,” founded with contributions from Kahn, will help medical professionals to diagnose illness using the information collected during blood tests, imaging and other diagnostic testing.

He supports Serious Fun, a camp for children with terminal illness, and a therapeutic horse-riding camp for the disabled.

Kahn founded Zalul in 1999, a non-profit foundation which cleans bodies of water in Israel.

But I guess you know better, huh?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 11:38:39 am by igendel »

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2019, 12:11:14 am »

Lighten up mate  ;D  via your borrowed Wiki reference, he sounds like a well meaning bloke, but apparently not managing his and or other peoples money very well,

blowing it on "Space.. the final frontier" projects/gambles that even decades of past and present pros in the game still can't get right,

some of the burnt smarter and or poorer ones throwing in the towel  :-[

and moving on with reality, like promoting tech goods and services usable down here on Earth,
and earning some old school boring profit, with percentages going into debt stressed -serial optimistic junkie- investor pockets   :phew: :phew:

FWIW: the gent is almost 90 years old, perhaps over it and getting a bit slow upstairs,
and people may be putting the touch on him for space explortation money directly,
and indirectly via feeding frenzy supplier contracts and middleman activities.

That's how serious wealth/businesses can go, if the head person isn't on the ball 24/7,
or their appointed managers have their heads above the clouds. Hey, it's not their money to gamble or lose, right?  :popcorn:

Anyways, I wish the gent and his family well in all other matters,
and brush up on the losing money lesson "once bitten twice shy" 
and let the next 'can do' billionaire in the queue have a go at it   :horse:

Offline Homer J Simpson

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2019, 03:02:22 am »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf