Author Topic: Angry at Free Energy YouTubers...  (Read 95889 times)

Offline Michaela Joy

• Contributor
Re: Angry at Free Energy YouTubers...
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2015, 05:43:24 pm »
Let's not forget Fleischmann and Pons, whose work was ridiculed because it didn't follow the party lines. When tritium was finally discovered in their experiments, they were vindicated.

I'm not saying that the "free energy" people are right, nor am I saying that they're all wrong; As scientists and engineers, it's up to us to either prove or disprove their work. If we can disprove it, using all of the scientific tools at hand, then we can eliminate the charlatans, one by one.

However: If we find a single shred of truth in what they're doing, it behooves us as scientists and engineers to look further, and, if possible, provide working theorem as to the validity of their experiments.

It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.

:MJ
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations. For nature can not be fooled.

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
  • Pretentiously Posting Polysyllabic Prose
    • timb.us
Angry at Free Energy YouTubers...
« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2015, 09:50:17 pm »
it's a gradual progression.... Same with evolution.  There is no half man-half monkey.  There is no animal whose parents were monkeys but it is a man.  It is a gradual progression only visible when you see the gradual changed that have taken place over a long period of time...
you dont understand what i'm saying. i know its a gradual progression happening in billion years time.... what i'm saying is... this can be long but bear with me please....

1 billion years ago there were monkeys, lets call them monkeys A. and then 500 millions ago there were another group of monkeys, let call them monkeys B. and then now in present time we still have monkeys, not A and not B, but new generation of monkeys of today, let call the monkeys of today monkeys C. now we have 3 groups of monkeys in the span of a very long time... monkeys A, they have offsprings, also monkeys ofcourse by that time, but when it goes down the line grand grand grand childrens, in 500 millions years time those offsprings have evolved to half-monkeys, that time they meet the generation monkeys B, offcourse no questioning during that time because they are just a bunch of monkeys and half-breeded monkeys, they dont know anything yet, (metacongnitively)...

go back to the future a bit, to present time we have monkeys C remember? this is going to be short story because... we'll never have the chance to see their grand grand grand 1000X grand childrens to become a man because that needs 1 billion years to come in the future... agreed? we all should, because this is the evolution theory tells us... now we ended the discussion of monkeys C. lets go back to the past 500 millions years ago....

500 millions years ago, we have a bunch of half-breeded monkeys descendant from monkeys A, mixed with a bunch of later group monkeys B remember? now the half-breeded monkeys from the past generation of monkeys A breeded again and have grand grand 1000X grand children in the next 500 millions years, that is today. but now the grand-grand childrens have evolved to fully human, thats us! we are the descendant of monkeys A, right? ok... go back again 500 millions years ago to monkeys B.

monkeys B breeded they got grand grand 1000X grand childrens and have evolved to half-breeded monkeys half-monkey half-man, in 500 millions year time. thats today remember? the 100 millions dollar question is..... where is the half-breeded man-monkey of today? that is the offsprings of grand grand 1000X grand fathers and mothers of group monkeys B of 500 millions years ago? evolution theory doesnt explain that, it only explain the progression of it in 1 billion years time.. so can you find me an alive half breeded monkey half breeded man?

Holy shit... I... What...?!

Sent from my Smartphone
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #152 on: April 16, 2015, 10:22:31 pm »
yes thats right! you are a monkey, by evolusionist definition ;) take it with grain and salt..
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2015, 10:37:26 pm »
yes thats right! you are a monkey, by evolusionist definition ;) take it with grain and salt..

Wrong. Humans are Homo Sapiens. Monkeys are a completely different species.  :palm:
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline rolycat

• Super Contributor
« Reply #154 on: April 16, 2015, 10:41:33 pm »
you dont understand what i'm saying. i know its a gradual progression happening in billion years time.... what i'm saying is... this can be long but bear with me please....

<incomprehensible nonsense snipped>
It appears that evolution as it applies to human beings is excluded from the Malaysian school curriculum, so it is perhaps not surprising that Mecha's ideas about it are a little ...confused.

Once his misconceptions are translated into his special brand of fractured English, we end up with this surreal horsepucky.

Offline suicidaleggroll

• Super Contributor
« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2015, 10:50:17 pm »
it's a gradual progression.... Same with evolution.  There is no half man-half monkey.  There is no animal whose parents were monkeys but it is a man.  It is a gradual progression only visible when you see the gradual changed that have taken place over a long period of time...

1 billion years ago there were monkeys, lets call them monkeys A. and then 500 millions ago there were another group of monkeys, let call them monkeys B. and then now in present time we still have monkeys, not A and not B, but new generation of monkeys of today, let call the monkeys of today monkeys C. now we have 3 groups of monkeys in the span of a very long time... monkeys A, they have offsprings, also monkeys ofcourse by that time, but when it goes down the line grand grand grand childrens, in 500 millions years time those offsprings have evolved to half-monkeys, that time they meet the generation monkeys B, offcourse no questioning during that time because they are just a bunch of monkeys and half-breeded monkeys, they dont know anything yet, (metacongnitively)...

go back to the future a bit, to present time we have monkeys C remember? this is going to be short story because... we'll never have the chance to see their grand grand grand 1000X grand childrens to become a man because that needs 1 billion years to come in the future... agreed? we all should, because this is the evolution theory tells us... now we ended the discussion of monkeys C. lets go back to the past 500 millions years ago....

500 millions years ago, we have a bunch of half-breeded monkeys descendant from monkeys A, mixed with a bunch of later group monkeys B remember? now the half-breeded monkeys from the past generation of monkeys A breeded again and have grand grand 1000X grand children in the next 500 millions years, that is today. but now the grand-grand childrens have evolved to fully human, thats us! we are the descendant of monkeys A, right? ok... go back again 500 millions years ago to monkeys B.

monkeys B breeded they got grand grand 1000X grand childrens and have evolved to half-breeded monkeys half-monkey half-man, in 500 millions year time. thats today remember? the 100 millions dollar question is..... where is the half-breeded man-monkey of today? that is the offsprings of grand grand 1000X grand fathers and mothers of group monkeys B of 500 millions years ago? evolution theory doesnt explain that, it only explain the progression of it in 1 billion years time.. so can you find me an alive half breeded monkey half breeded man?

:palm:

Humans didn't evolve from monkeys, which is why there is no half human half monkey.  Humans and apes both evolved from a common ancestor.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/faq/cat02.html

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2015, 11:03:46 pm »
ok, since a nitpick accuracy is what you are looking for.... yes you are right! you are a "chimpanzee" by evolusionist definition.... now change all "monkeys" in my explanation to "chimpanzees" please? edit: and err, chimpanzees do exist today right? embrace your ancestors like father and son. still, please do find me an "ape" or half breeded chimpanzee half breeded man. or half breeded chimp half breeded gorilla, or anything in between, for that matter. a chimp wont suddenly breed a gorilla looking right? are they? so there must be sometime in the timeline we have half chimp half gorilla. and we should can line them up just as the evolution picture, because all of "us" are happening in parallel, throughout timeline.

Once his misconceptions are translated into his special brand of fractured English, we end up with this surreal horsepucky.
an escaping word as an excuse for the inability to answer. not accepted.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 11:16:20 pm by Mechatrommer »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline rolycat

• Super Contributor
« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2015, 11:16:11 pm »
ok, since a nitpick accuracy is what you are looking for.... yes you are right! you are a "chimpanzee" by evolusionist definition.... now change all "monkeys" in my explanation to "chimpanzees" please? edit: and err, chimpanzees do exist today right? embrace your ancestors like father and son  :-DD
That article does not say that humans evolved from chimpanzees. Are you being deliberately obtuse?

And there is no such word in modern science as evolusionist, or even evolutionist. People who accept evolution are called 'scientists', or 'rational human beings'.

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #158 on: April 16, 2015, 11:24:03 pm »
... embrace your ancestors like father and son. still, please do find me an "ape" or half breeded chimpanzee half breeded man. or half breeded chimp half breeded gorilla, or anything in between, for that matter. a chimp wont suddenly breed a gorilla looking right? are they? so there must be sometime in the timeline we have half chimp half gorilla. and we should can line them up just as the evolution picture, because all of "us" are happening in parallel, throughout timeline.

You have no idea what you are talking about. I'd suggest stopping before you embarrass yourself further in front of the entire internet.
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #159 on: April 16, 2015, 11:25:19 pm »
is this imagery a fraud?

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #160 on: April 16, 2015, 11:33:25 pm »
It appears that evolution as it applies to human beings is excluded from the Malaysian school curriculum, so it is perhaps not surprising that Mecha's ideas about it are a little ...confused.
right! i think the same to those commenters about some err,, "religion". i mean religion study is excluded from their curriculum, (if i have to say it long beacuse my english is confusing...)

Offline rolycat

• Super Contributor
« Reply #161 on: April 16, 2015, 11:57:39 pm »
is this imagery a fraud?

<irritating animated GIF removed>

No, it's an illustration from an article about potato chips. Do try to keep up.

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #162 on: April 17, 2015, 12:15:27 am »
right! i think the same to those commenters about some err,, "religion". i mean religion study is excluded from their curriculum, (if i have to say it long beacuse my english is confusing...)

But it's perfectly reasonable to think that the entire concept of believing things entirely on faith is silly without knowing or caring what those things are. It doesn't matter what those things are. I don't give a damn what the world's various religions think, they're still wrong because they're wrong about why they think those things. If any of them are correct, it's entirely by coincidence, because they don't know how to be right.

Also, religion is boring. $DEADDUDE is afraid of $SIN and thinks $DEITY will punish him for it by $ETERNALTORMENT. $BULLSHIT is the meaning of life, and we do $ATROCITY to people who don't agree with us. Be nice, except for to $RACE. Don't eat $ANIMAL, $PLANT and $PIEFLAVOR except during $MOONPHASE while standing on $SIDE foot and singing $SONG. Up for a game of Mad Libs?
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2015, 12:48:27 am »
No, it's an illustration from an article about potato chips. Do try to keep up.

The image also goes to show that some human's are wanker's.

Now back off topic, what was Shahriar doing watching Youtube video's anyway, half of the civilised planet is eagerly awaiting his review of the Siglent SDM-3055 meter.

Muttley
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 02:50:23 am by Muttley Snickers »

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2015, 12:55:28 am »
i mean religion study is excluded from their curriculum, (if i have to say it long beacuse my english is confusing...)

I haven't read any Harry Potter books. If I started reading all of them and studying them so I was an expert on Harry Potter, would that mean there was any sliver of reality to the Harry Potter stories?

No.

Studying a subject does not make the subject "real". It only makes you an expert on the material, and if the material is fiction, then you are an expert on the fiction. Does studying a subject make it real? No, that's a logical fallacy.

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
    • timb.us
« Reply #165 on: April 17, 2015, 04:56:38 am »
Another point, for every "miracle" of an intelligent designer (humming bird wings) I can give a counterpoint of something poorly designed. Human childbirth springs to mind.

The fact the baby has to come out in a specific direction and its head deforms all while causing excruciating pain to the mother, is a pretty poor design.

Chimps have it much easier due to a larger pelvis and birth canal.

Species that lay eggs have it even easier.

Our non-redundant blood pump is also a huge issue. (I'd trade an extra testicle for an extra heart. Though that does prove natural selection's affinity for creating offspring over other priorities.)

Sent from my Smartphone
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

Offline smjcuk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #166 on: April 17, 2015, 06:15:13 am »
The fact the baby has to come out in a specific direction and its head deforms all while causing excruciating pain to the mother, is a pretty poor design.

If that even works. My wife has had 3 last minute emergency caesarian sections...

Offline janaf

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2015, 08:04:03 am »
I don't know where the 230% efficiency number of LEDs come from. But it surely must have been something like 230% compared to some other lamps.
No, it's real. Power input, 30 picowatts. Light output, 69 picowatts.

The catch is that the 230% only refers to electrical efficiency - it makes up the difference by extracting heat from its surroundings. Modern air conditioners are also frequently over 100% efficient in that sense, of course.
I don't know where the 230% efficiency number of LEDs come from. But it surely must have been something like 230% compared to some other lamps.
No, it's real. Power input, 30 picowatts. Light output, 69 picowatts.

The catch is that the 230% only refers to electrical efficiency - it makes up the difference by extracting heat from its surroundings. Modern air conditioners are also frequently over 100% efficient in that sense, of course.
Thanks for the link.

OK, in that case I kind of stand corrected, but not. With thermal energy in the balance, of course, the efficiency is totally different. Even a Peltier element, known for it's lousy efficiency, would have > 100% efficiency: it outputs more heat than the electric energy you put in.

Take thermal, electrical, chemical, nuclear etc...energy in the balance, the efficiency is always 100%. What you put in comes out, perhaps in another form.

But the LED thingy is new to me. Confirmed by others than the original developers? The solution to global warming; cool the air, beam out the energy in space  :-DD

To have progress, there must be some people questioning "known" truths, but challenging the very fundamentals, requires more than tinkering in the garage. The fundamental laws of science don't just stand on their own. They are confirmed by thermodynamics, physics, chemistry, astronomy, physical chemistry etc but from different approaches. To break one, you have to break all. The tin-hats tend to see that as a global conspiracy from traditional science against new ideas.
my2C
Jan

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #168 on: April 17, 2015, 08:37:11 am »
The LED doesn't not produce any extra energy. The tiny bit of extra light comes from thermal energy and there must be a temperature differential for this to happen, so as not to break the second law of thermodynamics.

Offline dexters_lab

• Supporter
« Reply #169 on: April 17, 2015, 09:31:57 am »
Don't worry, they'll all continue to pay for electricity and phones and computers and gadgets and all the working innovations the "real science" people create :)

It is frustrating to see this because I feel like there is a "wave" of pseudoscience masquerading as real science.

i know, it boils my piss too, i saw this the other day... some crackpot who thinks the LHC is going to destroy the world, with 118K subscribers :scared:

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #170 on: April 17, 2015, 05:03:22 pm »
Having 118K subscribers
There are some weirder channels with even more subscribers.
It seems these people are hoping for something that is not there in reality
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
    • timb.us
« Reply #171 on: April 17, 2015, 08:05:27 pm »

Don't worry, they'll all continue to pay for electricity and phones and computers and gadgets and all the working innovations the "real science" people create :)

It is frustrating to see this because I feel like there is a "wave" of pseudoscience masquerading as real science.

i know, it boils my piss too, i saw this the other day... some crackpot who thinks the LHC is going to destroy the world, with 118K subscribers :scared:

THE LARGE HARDON COLLIDER IS DESTROYING OUR SHIELDS!

"NCC-Earth is being bombarded by Cernon dark energy beams! We need to divert all non-critical power to forward magnetometer shields immediately!!!!1111one" -YouTuber

Sent from my Smartphone

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
    • timb.us
« Reply #172 on: April 17, 2015, 08:11:36 pm »

If that even works. My wife has had 3 last minute emergency caesarian sections...

A very good point. I don't think people realize how dangerous childbirth used to be. I read something that claimed there was close to a 50% mortality rate for mothers at one point in history. It was even worse for the babies.

This was at a time when the only effective contraception was the intestines from sheep. (The alternative was using honey as a spermicide. Think about that for a minute.)

Sent from my Smartphone

Offline iampoor

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2015, 03:36:31 am »
Another point, for every "miracle" of an intelligent designer (humming bird wings) I can give a counterpoint of something poorly designed. Human childbirth springs to mind.

Chimps have it much easier due to a larger pelvis and birth canal.

Species that lay eggs have it even easier.

Our non-redundant blood pump is also a huge issue. (I'd trade an extra testicle for an extra heart. Though that does prove natural selection's affinity for creating offspring over other priorities.)

Sent from my Smartphone

Im sure there are more, but from the Christian perspective, the pain and risk of childbirth is explained in Genesis as a "curse of sin", just like the pain and toils of working in the field are for men.

Anyways....back to free energy...  :-DD

Offline bills

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2015, 04:10:34 am »
Geese are we still disusing this.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf