Author Topic: WTB: Fluke  (Read 3665 times)

Offline apellyTopic starter

• Supporter
  • Probe
WTB: Fluke
« on: November 21, 2013, 10:24:38 am »
Posting due to suggestion in this thread.

From my amazon shopping cart:
  • Fluke TL81A Test Lead Set, Deluxe Electronic - Fluke
  • Fluke TL910 Electronic Test Probes - Fluke Ordered Pomona 6341's
  • Fluke 289 True-RMS Stand Alone Logging Multimeter - Fluke Ordered
  • Fluke 87-V Digital Multimeter - Fluke Ordered

Also some Pomona 6341's (ordered) and the Rapidonline Smd Test Probe Set. From this thread.

Offers, help and advice appreciated.

Aaron.

Edit: Updated requirements
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 01:36:25 pm by apelly »

Offline Napalm2002

• Regular Contributor
Re: WTB: Fluke
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 12:07:47 am »
I own a fluke 289 and I really like it. Now I know I am not quite smart Enuff to use all of its features but...

Offline casinada

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 06:11:34 am »
It depends what are you going to use them for. The DMMs come with test leads already. The Fluke TL910 are probably made by Pomona (6341)
For SMD work probably the Pomona 72928 might be more useful. I have the Fluke 289 and is great. I would buy one piece at a time and see if is enough for your needs. I don't know if you're starting from scratch or you already own other equipment.  To connect power supplies is better to have banana to banana cables, banana to alligators or clip adapters, other pieces of equipment require other types of cables. It seems that I'm always short on one type of adapter or cable. Jumper cables for prototyping?, I don't know. Are you going to be measuring stuff, troubleshooting, designing, prototyping, all of the above? It would help if you could be more specific. I hope it helps. :)

• Supporter
  • Probe
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 10:23:13 pm »
It depends what are you going to use them for. The DMMs come with test leads already. The Fluke TL910 are probably made by Pomona (6341)
You're probably right. Ordered the Pomona leads

For SMD work probably the Pomona 72928 might be more useful.
Ordered those too.

It seems that I'm always short on one type of adapter or cable.
Tell me about it!

Are you going to be measuring stuff, troubleshooting, designing, prototyping, all of the above? It would help if you could be more specific. I hope it helps. :)
All of the above. And yes, it did help. Thanks for taking the time to respond mate.

Aaron.

Offline neslekkim

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 09:36:47 am »
I bought the 289 earlier this year, got it very cheap at an local auction, not used.
It's very nice, can do alot of stuff, BUT.. if you just need to quickly verify an resistor or output from an psu, it takes a bit time to power the unit on. (and it supposedly eats batteries).
Datalogging is supposed to be nice, but, i found that you need to buy an extra cable, so I did, and, dangit, you need to buy an software for it also.. (I also bough the TLK287 probeset, uses only one set inside there, most of it is just rubbish, waste of money)

So I bought an fluke 87-v last week (Thanks to TopLoser), so I can quickly measure someething without booting an damn computer.
(I have an old old fluke 75, still ok, but it's actually slower to turn on than the 289 now..)

so as others says, it depends on your needs.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 09:56:36 am »
Fluke 189, 287 and 289 owners should be aware of leaking and dying ultra cap (high battery consumption), check this out -> Fluke 189 with leaking surface mount coin cell

Offline AndyC_772

• Super Contributor
  • Professional design engineer
    • Cawte Engineering | Reliable Electronics
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 09:57:14 am »
If you need data logging, the 289 is a very nice piece of gear. There's a 289/FVF kit available which includes the cable and software, which you'll need if you want to download the logged data to a PC.

• Supporter
  • Probe
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 01:08:02 pm »
Fluke 189, 287 and 289 owners should be aware of leaking and dying ultra cap (high battery consumption), check this out -> Fluke 189 with leaking surface mount coin cell

Yes. Have been following.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf