Author Topic: OT: YTD YouTube Downloader  (Read 17151 times)

Offline MechatrommerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
OT: YTD YouTube Downloader
« on: November 14, 2012, 04:37:00 am »
just to let you know guys. after being dissapointed with how youtube save their video in my cache lately, but thanks to them i now found a better solution, no need to manual rename the cache... YTD Video Downloader, also works with Vimeo site i tried last time. the eval version works, the paid version is not that much i believe. i've tried the other browser plugin crap, they just hanged my browser, this standalone app works! i'm no YTD affiliate, just a happy eval user... -> http://www.ytddownloader.com/
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline PeterG

• Frequent Contributor
Re: OT: YTD YouTube Downloader
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 05:13:45 am »
I find 'Chrome YouTube Downloader' is much simpler to use. No cut/paste.

http://www.mandel-design.xf.cz/Chrome-Youtube-Downloader/

Regards
Testing one two three...

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 05:34:08 am »
I find 'Chrome YouTube Downloader' is much simpler to use. No cut/paste.
unfortunately i uninstalled Chrome since with its own will, created 1GB cache in my HDD even its only saw seldom use from me...
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline T4P

• Super Contributor
    • T4P
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 09:08:07 am »
I've used YTD Video Download when it was Youtube Downloader - i started using them 3 years ago  :-[

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 09:57:31 am »
Flashgot addon, and with Chrome I do not use it, but use Chromium instead.

Offline Otatiaro

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 10:58:35 am »
Hello,

Free Download Manager does it very good at least on youtube, and ultra easy to use.

Thomas.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 11:41:17 am »
No cut/paste.
sorry i forgot to defend :P... we only need to copy, no need paste or cut. activate the app and it will automatically paste anything in the clipboard for you :P

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 01:40:40 pm »
Just weird to see you guys still struggling just to download youtube vid.  :=\

Have been using Opera browser for very long time, and it has this feature (as browser add on) for years, pretty convenient I'd say.

Offline poptones

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 05:53:24 pm »
I have a button just like that in chrome.

I don't understand not using chrome. So what if it makes a 1gig cache? That's like .003% of my hard drive space

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 06:32:08 pm »
I have a button just like that in chrome.
i dont have it, i'm not sure how to i thought i've tried, the same with firefox and just installed opera (too lazy to search the addon i thought it was automatic). but the chrome is gone, bye bye. until i find a better reason to make it back.

I don't understand not using chrome.
and i dont understand why must to.

So what if it makes a 1gig cache? That's like .003% of my hard drive space
YOUR harddrive! not mine. its 3% of my system HDD, 0.05% or less than my entire storage. so what? i'm not condoning any programmer to become too lazy to rely on 1GB cache! get another job! >:( so your storage is like what? 33TB? what kind of man are you?! ever lived with 30GB storage? :D :P

Offline poptones

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 06:47:31 pm »
LOL it was a bit of an exaggeration, but yeah my system has about... 4TB of storage, And no, I haven't "lived" with 30GB since about 1998.   Using a large CACHE does not imply "lazy programmer" it implies design for use in an era of large hard drives. If you were talking about executable size I might agree with you, but using 1GB for an internet cache is no big deal when most people have hundreds. Why don't you just turn off the cache? My cache is like 540MB including 170MB of media cache, and I use the net all day long. You can disable the cache from the developer's console, and you can make any version of chrome a "dev version" by ticking a box. That also allows you to install the YT downloader, which works great and doesn't use a subscription or any of that other nonsense.

Offline T4P

• Super Contributor
    • T4P
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 07:00:24 pm »
1GB really? Where? My chrome's cache only says 72MB with a clogged history.

Offline aluck

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 07:52:03 pm »
I use jDownloader - it allows to download a whole youtube channel's contents.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 08:42:45 pm »
1GB really? Where? My chrome's cache only says 72MB with a clogged history.
try to look in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Chrome or the like... i used File Size Manager and then i catched that on top list. maybe not a cache, i dont know what it is, not usefull to me, i got a warning saying my C is only less than 100MB, and gone it be. can you believe that? 100MB left of free space? i know but i choosed this way and i'm not going to regret it :P

it allows to download a whole youtube channel's contents.
scary!

Offline poptones

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 08:45:28 pm »
I don't know how modern windows even works with less than 100MB freee space. Are yopu sure it's not something else clogging up your drive? File fragments? Swap file?

Offline PeterG

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 09:09:14 pm »
Running 'Disk Cleanup' can work wonders as well. ;D

Regards
Testing one two three...

Offline arekm

• Supporter
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 09:35:50 pm »
http://rg3.github.com/youtube-dl/ works great and it's only ~43KB (requires python).

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 10:15:10 pm »
Running 'Disk Cleanup' can work wonders as well. ;D
i closely monitor my system mostly manually. rendering disk cleanup util or all those automatic crap useless 8)

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 10:23:49 pm »
I don't know how modern windows even works with less than 100MB freee space.
thats why i tell you, you give me 1m-cube box i can live in it! :P

Are you sure it's not something else clogging up your drive? File fragments? Swap file?
i used file size manager with sort capability i can spot anything abnormally large. be it because its actually large, or wasted sector fragments etc they all will reflect. Chrome's App Data was 1GB large, and 1GB that is. i uninstalled it, 1GB free now, deep fresh breath!

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 04:19:15 am »
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 04:22:26 am by BravoV »

Offline DarkPrince

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 05:44:25 am »
Ironicially I went backwards... I have two 1TB externals and another 2TB external (remove any to make it internal) but re-setup my tower with a SSD as a bootdrive, but only 60GB. I've been down to 30kB before... (619MB right now). Think I need a larger SSD! By the way, is this now off-off-topic?  ^-^

It'd be nice to watch Dave's videos in HD... should have it automatically detect new video from subscriber and download the HD version (buffering is about a third of play rate).

Offline LEECH666

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 09:56:37 am »
I use jDownloader - it allows to download a whole youtube channel's contents.

I use JDownloader too for downloading Youtube videos, among other things.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 10:05:41 am »
By the way, is this now off-off-topic?  ^-^
i think the thread is concluded, so its free discussion now ;) yea i'm think SSD too, wait one day. 60GB? twice better than i have, try to learn to live hard, you'll be certainly ok to live in more luxurious condition. ;) my 2cnts.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 10:06:26 am »

Offline poptones

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 10:56:54 am »
Well, I have 4 750GB drives and 1 1TB drive in a raid (one drive died and the warranty replacement was, of course, a 1TB rather than the 750). I'm seriously considering dumping the lot on ebay and replacing them all with 3 2TB drives which would give me more space and less drag on my power supply. I have another 2TB drive I bought because my raid was full, and a 300GB Raptor.  had a few SSDs (a 128GB raid of 32GB SSDs) and even experimented with raid0s of thumb drives before ssds were affordable, and never found a substantial increase in speed over my raptor. At any rate, at less than a hundred bucks a TB I can't understand how anyone outside a thrid world country could be so confined by HD space these days.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf