Author Topic: For those of you who like to use aliexpress...  (Read 1940 times)

elektryk and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
Re: For those of you who like to use aliexpress...
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2024, 12:35:22 pm »
how much of aliexpress is just scams? try a search for electric bikes and you get pages of obvious scams with bikes selling from EU/US warehouse for less than half what the battery alone would cost with free shipping,  if they have any reviews it is people that got a fake tracking number and nothing else

It depends on who you buy from, if you're getting it from something like "$brandname Official Store" then it's likely legit, if it's Store1376326482 at half the price of the (likely) official store then who knows what you'll get.

Not always the case, but it can be an indicator. This shop poses as somewhat official, but I doubt it to be true. I bought these batteries and assessed them to be fakes. The one review there is mine.  :-DD

Offline ballsystemlordTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2024, 12:26:08 am »
Well, at least their canned responses are generic. I really liked the "you really have a point" one, it totally felt sincere.

A: I know how you feel about this issue and I totally agree with you.
B: I assure you that I understand your concerns and support you on this issue.

Trying to decide which canned response to give you. How do these tech support people do it? ;)

But really, it's sad how many of these companies read from a script. It makes it both easy and hard for the tech support and is meaningless to the customer in as much as such messages are insincere.

The following users thanked this post: KungFuJosh

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2024, 02:17:06 am »
The funny part is you know they're just clicking responses from a few choices. They don't even need to type out the bullshit.
"Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

Offline 5U4GB

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2024, 06:57:02 am »
It depends on who you buy from, if you're getting it from something like "$brandname Official Store" then it's likely legit, if it's Store1376326482 at half the price of the (likely) official store then who knows what you'll get.

Not always the case, but it can be an indicator. This shop poses as somewhat official, but I doubt it to be true. I bought these batteries and assessed them to be fakes. The one review there is mine.  :-DD

Ah, good point, buying from "$widely-faked-battery-brand Store" could be a bit of a gamble.  I was thinking more vendors of electronic devices who often link to their stores from their web site or vice versa, or for which there's only one "Official Store" branded store which is likely the real deal.  ComWinTop and CDEbyte are examples of this.

Drifting off topic, I'd never buy 18650s off a random Aliexpress store unless info on it came from somewhere like candlepowerforums or budgetlightforums, those guys spend a lot of time sorting the wheat from the chaff and will post links to legit stores and sellers.  Alternatively, if possible find a local seller who posts legit capacities and charge/discharge curves where you know you're getting the real deal.

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2024, 07:20:27 am »
[Drifting off topic, I'd never buy 18650s off a random Aliexpress store unless info on it came from somewhere like candlepowerforums or budgetlightforums, those guys spend a lot of time sorting the wheat from the chaff and will post links to legit stores and sellers.  Alternatively, if possible find a local seller who posts legit capacities and charge/discharge curves where you know you're getting the real deal.

And that is what I did after searching on this forum.  :)

I found this store in the Netherlands: https://www.nkon.nl/fr/rechargeable.html

Bought 26 of the VTC4 for the same price per cell, including shipping, as the ones on Aliexpress. Expect them within a couple of days and have to see if they are good. According to the shop sales person they are genuine.

Offline 5U4GB

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2024, 12:22:41 pm »
Oh, and for some of the other neat things you can get on Aliexpress, who could be without one of these useful devices?  The "Related Items" section lists many more vendors selling the same thing.

There are comments for some of the other items from people complaining that they couldn't buy these from anywhere other than China for some reason.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2024, 02:10:33 pm »
who could be without one of these useful devices?

No idea - can't see what it is. Not available in my location, apparently, whatever it is.

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2024, 03:39:27 pm »

No idea - can't see what it is. Not available in my location, apparently, whatever it is.

I can see it briefly before a 404 message comes up. It looks like a cable with two male connectors at each end. If not mistaken American power plugs.  :-DD

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2024, 08:50:34 pm »

I can see it briefly before a 404 message comes up. It looks like a cable with two male connectors at each end. If not mistaken to American power plugs.  :-DD

That's exactly what it is. The original comment is quite funny.

Offline 5U4GB

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #34 on: Yesterday at 11:53:45 am »
Ah, didn't realise it wouldn't be visible from some countries.  It's a power cord with plugs on both ends, more commonly known as a suicide cord.

The following users thanked this post: PlainName, pcprogrammer

Offline ralphrmartin

• Frequent Contributor
    • Me
« Reply #35 on: Yesterday at 07:39:05 pm »
One of our CS research students seriously burnt himself with a cable like this, that he made himself. Our health and safety bods started parading it as an example of why students (and staff)  should always get a qualified electrician to do any electrical work, until they found out that the student did have such a qualification from a previous employment. :-//

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #36 on: Today at 12:44:43 am »
One of our CS research students seriously burnt himself with a cable like this, that he made himself. Our health and safety bods started parading it as an example of why students (and staff)  should always get a qualified electrician to do any electrical work, until they found out that the student did have such a qualification from a previous employment. :-//

My father, who works in a different field, sometimes has to walk the electricians through the job they're doing for him. It's scary how little these guys know sometimes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf