Author Topic: Microchip Offer-50% off on MPLAB® ICD 4 In-Circuit Debugger and more  (Read 1142 times)

Offline s8548aTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I just received this offer notification in email, thought might be useful for someone.

http://info.microchip.com/LMG3ED00f0x90UscQ0C0U0j

Expires : 31-Mar-2019

Offline FrankBuss

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
Re: Microchip Offer-50% off on MPLAB® ICD 4 In-Circuit Debugger and more
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 07:48:54 am »
Still EUR 220 for the ICD 4. I wish they would use some standard like SWD for the low-end PICs. I think the high end PICs have already JTAG? Then you could use a cheap J-Link clone for EUR 10 from eBay, or even buy the original J-Link, as I did, and which works perfectly for all kind of ARM microcontrollers and IDEs.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Electronics, hiking, retro-computing, electronic music etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrankBussProgrammer

Offline AndyC_772

• Super Contributor
  • Professional design engineer
    • Cawte Engineering | Reliable Electronics

The following users thanked this post: s8548a

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
Re: Microchip Offer-50% off on MPLAB® ICD 4 In-Circuit Debugger and more
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 09:26:10 am »
Still EUR 220 for the ICD 4. I wish they would use some standard like SWD for the low-end PICs. I think the high end PICs have already JTAG? Then you could use a cheap J-Link clone for EUR 10 from eBay, or even buy the original J-Link, as I did, and which works perfectly for all kind of ARM microcontrollers and IDEs.

To be fair, it's 110EUR after the code, the price displayed doesn't show the discount.  Sounds like it could just be going-rate with distributors, though.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf