Author Topic: LeCroy Digital Storage Oscilloscope LC574AL 1GHz BW  (Read 10898 times)

Offline FreeThinkerTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Truth through Thought
LeCroy Digital Storage Oscilloscope LC574AL 1GHz BW
« on: November 04, 2010, 03:40:56 pm »
LeCroy Digital Storage Oscilloscope LC574AL 1GHz BW for auction Ebay uk. 3 days to run £206 Bid may go for cheap.Has one channel faulty (gain offset?) may just need a tweek even with 3 working channels this is a nice scope, no need for such a high bandwidth myself but it's worth keeping an eye on if you do, Good Luck!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LeCroy-Digital-Storage-Oscilloscope-LC574AL-1GHz-BW-/330489595613?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item4cf2b706dd
Machines were mice and Men were lions once upon a time, but now that it's the opposite it's twice upon a time.
MOONDOG

• Frequent Contributor
  • Truth through Thought
Re: LeCroy Digital Storage Oscilloscope LC574AL 1GHz BW
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 04:13:12 pm »
Whats your problem? Are you Ebay phobic? If I find something I think someone may have a use for and post it were is the harm? You do NOT have to view it. I am not making any money from the sale just thought it might be of interest to other forum members.If the MODERATORS decree Ebay links off limits then so be it until, then I don't see a problem.
Machines were mice and Men were lions once upon a time, but now that it's the opposite it's twice upon a time.
MOONDOG

Offline Time

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 04:14:00 pm »
as long as they just appear in the proper buy and sell section who cares?
-Time

• Frequent Contributor
  • Truth through Thought
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 04:17:11 pm »
shafri apparently :-\
MOONDOG

• Frequent Contributor
  • Truth through Thought
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 05:00:23 pm »
Just seems to me that any time someone posts an Ebay link you post neg about it, Why? Don't read it if it takes up so much of your time.If it was MY sale I could see your point but to complain about a link to a third party's sale that may save someone some cash or get them some gear that they can use seems like a fair posting in a Buy/Sell threads.I don't want a flame war they are a waste of time, if you have real concerns speak to a moderator who can ban links to ebay if they feel so inclined, didn't mean to upset you and I take on board your concerns, but will continue to post ebay links if relevant unless told not to do so.Hope we can still be freinds ;)
MOONDOG

Offline marianoapp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 05:30:04 pm »
a useful thing I've seen in other forums is to add a tag to the thread title, for example "[Ebay] LeCroy Digital Storage Oscilloscope LC574AL 1GHz BW". That way you know before hand what is the content of the thread and you don't open it up expecting something else.

[anyway the fact that the thread is posted in the buy & sell subforum should give a hint of the content]

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 05:45:54 pm »
Posting eBay links is stupid. It is not a service for the readers here, it is a service for the seller, inflating the price.
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

Offline armandas

• Frequent Contributor
    • My projects
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 06:01:19 pm »
Posting eBay links is stupid. It is not a service for the readers here, it is a service for the seller, inflating the price.

I agree, partly. I tend not to post links to auction-style listings, for this reason. And I'm pretty sure the LeCroy will sell for a reasonable ammount (2-3 times the current price?).

That being said, posting links to good BuyItNow deals is not stupid at all, IMO.

• Frequent Contributor
  • Truth through Thought
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 06:04:17 pm »

and lastly, i'm not an ebay phobic, 99% i got my supplies from ebay. its just i hate it when a "too good to be true item" to be ended sooner than i make a wise decision, or to no avail shipping to my place.

As my final comment my posting quite clearly says Ebay uk for just that reason.I think international postage of an Item such as this is logically prohibitively expensive.Unfortunately there is no way to filter posts to UK members only, sorry :'(
MOONDOG

• Frequent Contributor
  • Truth through Thought
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 06:23:46 pm »
i thought this is a lecroy osc review you idiot! (i dont have time to look which section it is) >:( now that could means something! but wait! before you start to boil your temper again. this is a textual post, one word could means 2 things, good and bad, why? coz we dont have intonation in it, only textual, that can lead to misunderstanding. thats why i'm the follower of "smileys". but too much will annoy another "scumbags" as well, sadly. :(

to be friend? i only mean to mean person, i got heated up when somebody is heating, and... i'll be cooled down when somebody is cooling. there is no heartfeeling and there is no way we can hurt each other in this virtual world. so... when somebody want to make friend? i'll be a friend ;)

i've made my point here. in the previous post/thread (that you saw, maybe?) maybe its still not clear enough. so i'll leave it to the mods/admin round table to do the judgement. i can as well open up the "hot ebay item" thread, but i'm not sure i'll got supporters in it, and i'm not really into it, maybe you FreeThinker? that could be a shortcut to fame, only if... you'd take it positively. and i'd rather do this in public instead of PMing mods, so everybody not just the mods can make the judgement, learn and teach. This is a forum, so discussion should be in order. Cheers ;)

and lastly, i'm not an ebay phobic, 99% i got my supplies from ebay. its just i hate it when a "too good to be true item" to be ended sooner than i make a wise decision, or to no avail shipping to my place.

Only Admins can create top level Threads, as a humble member I can only post in existing Threads by creating a new Topic ,which is what I did, just have to remain anonymous then.
MOONDOG

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 07:30:52 pm »
you can see the section the thread is posted in when you click on "view new posts since last visit", if the links are good deals whats the problem ?, if you want things just your way you will never be happy

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 07:50:38 pm »
the fact that I'm a moderator makes no difference, Dave is in charge here. My past observation was about a silly post in the review section that was hardly a review. if a good deal is in the buy and sell section what is the problem ?

Yea I have no problem with ebay uk - apart from their extortionate fees......

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 08:05:37 pm »
of course your probably safer buying off ebay than a member of this forum. anyone can register here and sell something tat is duff. if people have nothing to sell and post hot items on ebay what is the problem ? have you ever tried buying something off ebay only to find yourself swamped with stuff and not know what to pick and think that there must be a hot deal somewhere if only you could find it ?

Offline slburris

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 08:11:42 pm »
The description for Buy & Sell says in part:

"You can also post links to bargains you've found on ebay"

so I would (and have) assume that's fair game. 

Scott

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 08:12:59 pm »
yea you go rest shafri  ;)

Offline logictom

• Supporter
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 12:14:49 am »

Not very PC but you get the idea :P

Offline Zad

• Super Contributor
    • Digital Wizardry, Analogue Alchemy, Software Sorcery
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2010, 02:11:06 am »
Well it was useful for me anyway!

Seems like common sense has gone out of the window recently with some people. :(

• Frequent Contributor
  • Truth through Thought
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 05:12:22 pm »
Sold for £547.99, still a bargain...
MOONDOG

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf