Author Topic: HP 10269A General purpose interface and interface boards/software - any interest  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Lorenzo_1Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
I have a number of CPU interface boards and the accompanying HP 10269A general purpose interface unit that I am willing to sell/trade if there is any interest in them.  I trust it's OK on the forum to gauge interest this way before I spend time confirming they work. Apologies in advance if this is bad form...

The items came as a package from a working lab.  They include interface boards for 68000 (not shown b/c installed in the main interface), 6800/6802, 8085, 8086/8088, Z80, Z8001 and Z8002 processors.  I also have cassette tapes that are labelled as holding the inverse assembler software for the 8086/88, Z8001/02, 6800/02, and 68000 and I presume are for the HP 82161A digital cassette drive (which I didn't get with the bundle, though it includes an operating manual). There's also one unmarked tape that may or may not have software for one of the other boards on it.  I can't read the tapes so can't vouch for their readability.  There's a detailed service manual too covering all the interface boards with schematics and theory of operation.  Link to the brochure for this gear:

http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/hp/64000/brochures/5953-9222_Logic_Analyzer_Preprocessors_and_Interfaces_Aug-1983.pdf

Some of the interface connectors are a bit knocked about on their rear sides. All have pins on the back whose purpose is unclear to me but some of which are bent (a little to a lot) and in a few cases broken off.  I suspect these might be are for the user-tailored wire-wrap capability that the system supports.  I've attached photos of the best and the worst of the connectors.  Most have socket adapters attached to one side for easy install of the CPU chip.  I imagine the Z80 series socket adapters are transferable between modules as they look like simple 40-pin adapters. Details of adapters and rear pin conditions:
Z8086/8088  Socket adapter, pins good
Z8002 Socket adapter, pins good
Z8001 Socket adapter, 5 pins bent
Z8085 No socket adapter, 3 broken/3 bent pins
Z80 No socket adapter, 7 broken, 1 bent pin
6800/6802 No socket adapter, 2 broken, 1 bent pin
68000 Socket adapter, 7 bent pins

I've got an 8085 processor coming that should allow me to test communication of at least one of the interface boards and the host interface with my logic analyser. I'm pretty confident it will work fine - as does all the other stuff I got from the same source.

Offline ZGoode

• Regular Contributor
  • Grad student by day, equipment nerd also by day
Hi Lorenzo,
I know you posted this nearly 6 years ago, but is there any chance that you still have this floating around somewhere?  I have an HP 1630D and would be interested in buying this on the off chance you still have it

Offline Lorenzo_1Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Sorry - taken some years ago.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf