Author Topic: Wanted: Metcal Handpiece 13.56 MHz, broken or good  (Read 1757 times)

Offline mamalalaTopic starter

• Supporter
Wanted: Metcal Handpiece 13.56 MHz, broken or good
« on: October 24, 2013, 07:11:34 pm »
Hi all,

i am looking for a broken (or working, if cheap enough) Metcal handpeice for the 13.56MHz system. That is, something like the MX-RM3E or later models.

The reason is to have something that can be torn apart to analyze it further, so that in the end a DIY approach to make handpieces can be found. For example, there is a capacitor in it, but no information available as to what it's value is. Also, the used cable is unknown as far as impedance is concerned. Would be great to have something that could be torn apart, like a unit with a broken cable, to figure out those things, and, by extension, to analyze what the actual parameters are as far as RF parameters are concerned (like, instead of using the same cable impedance and handpiece capacitance, some other combination my be found that results in similar/same performance for DIY purposes).

Sine i already came up with a DIY RF supply for that system, figuring out how to make a handpiece is the next logical step. But naturally i don't want to tear apart my working handpiece, nor do i want to spend 100 bucks on a new/used one to tear it apart.

So, if anyone has something to offer in that regard, that would be great. Either here in this thread or by sending me an eMail or PM.

Greetings,

Chris

Offline KJDS

• Super Contributor
    • my website holding page
Re: Wanted: Metcal Handpiece 13.56 MHz, broken or good
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 07:14:46 am »
I've got some

Offline mamalalaTopic starter

• Supporter
Re: Wanted: Metcal Handpiece 13.56 MHz, broken or good
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 10:39:39 pm »
Update:

thanks to KJDS i got a hanpiece with a broken cable.

But in any case, if someone else has one to offer, let me know.

Greetings,

Chris

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf