Author Topic: WTB trade 2M 75CM radio something simple a blind person can use (buttons!)  (Read 436 times)

Offline BeaminTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • If you think my Boobs are big you should see my ba
I want to get back into the hobby as my eye sight get progressively worse. Not going to lie don't have ton of money to spend (On social security and I'm basically bed ridden so this would be a great hobby for me to get back into) but can trade a 40m BITX, fully working with case, or 40 meter whisper setup that's 5% assembled or if you are just feeling charitable with an old rig that's not getting use. Looking for as many pieces as possible Power supply (have an ATX if that will work) SWR meter, antenna (Omni directional preferred)

I live in Baltimore MD and have access to a third story roof to place a home made dipole (tape measure or chopped up stellar labs cut down to size but would need an SWR meter) or some thing . My passion is shortwave but getting really low signals in the city seems futile so VHF/UHF seems more promising, but that's pure speculation on my part. I'm good at fixing things so the equipment doesn't have to be perfect.

Its a bit time sensitive as I would like to get this set up before my eye sight gets too bad. I'm finding things with buttons such as the older style is easier to use then touch screen. Will pay for shipping if its international or unreasonable.    Base station or mobile profred.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 191
Images in your signature must be no greater than 500x25 pixels

Offline geggi1

• Frequent Contributor
Some of the newer chinese hand portables have speach synteses. If you can get somebody to program the radiofor you  and run it in memory mode you can have al the local repeaters and most used simplex in a memory bank.
Some older Icom radios HF and UHF/VHF/HF units have the option to have a speach synteses unit installed. IC-746
The IC-7200 and probably other newer have speach synteses installed as default. Most of the newer radios do also have USB in the back that gives you the option of controling the radio by a PC and by that giving you the posibility of controlling the rig on a larger monitor or a TV with VGA or HDMI depending of your PC and age of your TV set.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf