Author Topic: FS: Used Test Equipment  (Read 7769 times)

MCSTestEquipment

FS: Used Test Equipment
« on: October 03, 2017, 09:35:35 am »
Hello,

We have just received a pallet load of the below used equipment that we are now listing for sale.

Please make your best offer.

Thanks

9101 Handheld Spectrum Analyser x 3
N93CX DC Power Supply
TS3021S DC Power Supply x 4
IPS303A DC Power Supply
PL154 DC Power Supply x 4
E3630A Triple DC Power Supply x 2
P008B DC Power Supply x 4
EP-907 DC Power Supply x 4
AX501 DC Power Supply x 20
E3615A DC Power Supply x 2
E3632A DC Power Supply x 3
66309D DC Power Supply x 4 
E3631A Triple Power Supply
NGSM 32/10 DC Power Supply x 3
Wavetek 4202S Comms Test Set x 4
E5515C Comms Test Set
Wiltek RF Shield Box x 25
Wiltel 4921 RF Shield Box x 6
PM3384A Autoranging Combiscope x 11
RTM 1052 Oscilloscope 500MHz x 2
3100 Mobile Fault Finder x 16
MT8510B Service Tester x 8
8594E Spectrum Analyser x 9
8590l Spectrum Analyser x 3

The following users thanked this post: AntonyYatesy

Offline eeviking

• Regular Contributor
Re: FS: Used Test Equipment
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 09:03:43 pm »
Condition, pictures, shipping?

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 10:41:35 pm »
I really dislike companies saying "I'll have an X" - and then it isn't on their website. When should I come back - 1 minute/hour/day/week/aeon?

FFS wait until we can see what it is before telling about it.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 10:52:18 pm »
You can Google the specs and send a PM with an offer.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline eeviking

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 12:40:52 am »
I may be interested in a psu but will need more info than just the model number before bidding on anything.
Although Ill take a RTM 1052 for 500£ ;D

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 04:55:46 am »
If there are no pictures or other details, I would expect the equipment to be in excellent condition - which means pretty much going over it with a face wipe will bring it up to display stock condition of a new product.

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 07:29:13 am »
You can Google the specs and send a PM with an offer.

How can I google the spec of a specific instance of a machine, to find options, condition, provenance etc? All of the latter are important to a price I would be prepared to pay.

The OP's company has a website. They should post the stuff there before teasing us.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".

MCSTestEquipment

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 08:49:12 am »
Hi all,

These products will not be listed on the website, if there is any interest then please PM and we can get back to you with the required information.

Thanks

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 09:06:25 am »
Might be useful to give some indication of condition, whether they are tested/cal-checked, any warranty against DOA etc.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 09:24:36 am »
These products will not be listed on the website, if there is any interest then please PM and we can get back to you with the required information.

Interesting; why are you avoiding your usual sales channel with these items?

Offline NivagSwerdna

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 09:28:56 am »
I would like a 4 CH scope for as little as possible. Send me an offer.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 09:47:04 am »
:palm: If you'd checked some of the items you'd know there is a whole bunch of low end power supplies in there. It is probably not the most exciting batch of equipment they ever received. I really don't get why they should take picture of a PSU which costs less than $100 new??? Please quit complaining and be happy they posted the list here so people (probably) can get a good bargain.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 10:33:44 am by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Online Bicurico

• Super Contributor
    • VMA's Satellite Blog
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 10:22:56 am »
Hi,

Provided you are in the UK/EU: I happily offer 200 (£/€) + 50 (£/€) shipping for one of the spectrum analysers.

I know this is a very low offer, but even so, it is above my actual budget and I would have to work a lot on the HWAF (housewife acceptance factor).

But at least I am doing a serious offer.

Regards,
Vitor

Offline NivagSwerdna

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2017, 11:10:51 am »
Provided you are in the UK/EU: I happily offer 200 (£/€) + 50 (£/€) shipping for one of the spectrum analysers.
A good condition 8594E Spectrum Analyser could sell for approx five times that offer if ebay prices are to be believed so I'm priced out for those.
I find this "make an offer" business totally intractable so I preferred to be made an offer and haggle from there.  Some of this stuff is quality equipment but anyone paying top prices is probably interested in condition, warranty etc.  I feel this thread could benefit from some additional information from the OP.
I suspect I'm priced out anyway, probably like Bicurico.

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2017, 11:17:53 am »
:palm: If you'd checked some of the items you'd know there is a whole bunch of low end power supplies in there. It is probably not the most exciting batch of equipment they ever received. I really don't get why they should take picture of a PSU which costs less than $100 new??? Please quit complaining and be happy they posted the list here so people (probably) can get a good bargain.

:palm: Who cares about whatever other equipment might be available for sale on the website?

I'm sure there is a perfectly reasonable and honest reason why they aren't using their existing sales channels, so let's hear it.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2017, 11:24:44 am »

More seriously, this is low demand stuff if it's not assured or calibrated. It'll just sit and rots if you post it on the web and if you post it on ebay and wait then you have to pay up for fees up front. Better to make a few extra quid selling direct to people who are likely to put the cash down. I'd have no problems. I could do with an E3615 or two to be honest but I've got three perfectly good power supplies already.

Online Bicurico

• Super Contributor
    • VMA's Satellite Blog
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2017, 01:20:52 pm »
My opinion on this:

1) When someone asks for offers in the way it happend in this thread, I assume that the goal is to sell the items quickly.
2) Selling quickly means: a) not having to wait long for ROI, b) not having to advertise, take pictures, describe the individual products, c) not having to test the products (one thing is to see if it turns ON/OFF, testing if it is fully functional is a completely different history)
3) My offer for example is low. No questions aout it. BUT: I am willing to pay up to 250£/€ (shipping included) for an item I have not seen, tested, read about. I will pay in advance. I will purchase without the security offered by eBay/Paypal. The risk is all on my side. If I would get one of the Willtek 9101 spectrum analysers and it works and is in good shape, I would have made a great deal. If it was broken and I could repair it, it would still be a great deal. If it was broken and I could NOT repair it, then for me it would represent a significant loss.
4) If MCSTestEquipment sells all spectrum analysers for 200£/€ plus shipping, he would make 3000£/€ on them alone. If he spent 2000£/€ (or less) on the pallet, that would be easy and quick profit.

If MCSTestEquipment expects to get eBay-like offers, then I think that won't happen:

a) I don't need yet another spectrum analyser (hello TEA group)
b) If I wanted to buy lets say a Willtek 9101 and had teh choice of buying from here or from eBay at +/-20% price difference, I would go for the eBay one, due to the extra security (seller feedback, Paypal insurance, etc.)

5) I find it perfectly reasonable and a NICE GESTURE of MCSTestEquipment to ask on this forum for offers! Heck: everyone can offer whatever they feel like. What is the problem? Want a power supply? Don't like to take risks? Offer as low as it is worth to you. In worst case, your offer will not be accepted - no harm done.

Regards,
Vitor

Offline NivagSwerdna

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2017, 02:05:55 pm »
Fair enough. If the OP wants to PM me an EEVForum special quote for a used/refurb Rigol MSO1104Z I would appreciate it.  Thanks.  :)

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2017, 02:13:51 pm »
My opinion on this:
5) I find it perfectly reasonable and a NICE GESTURE of MCSTestEquipment to ask on this forum for offers! Heck: everyone can offer whatever they feel like. What is the problem? Want a power supply? Don't like to take risks? Offer as low as it is worth to you. In worst case, your offer will not be accepted - no harm done.

All those opinions are very reasonable, particularly w.r.t. PSUs. Consequently I would be comforted if such statements were made.

I've no problem buying things with faults, provided that (possibility) is stated up front. As it is another poster stated "If there are no pictures or other details, I would expect the equipment to be in excellent condition", so clearly there is confusion.

Offline BenKenobi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2017, 04:40:28 pm »
The conflict comes when the seller requires or expects an offer commensurate with a good condition working item but for an item that is sold without any declaration of its condition or state.

I've made an offer on a PSU but way below what the item could fetch simply because of the risk and the age that it could be, I have to assume worst case, various faults could be present. Some of the PSU's in that list if defective contain embedded components / ROM type stuff that are known to fail and can't be replaced / sourced rendering them into very efficient doorstops or nothing more than a spares source.

The items listed can only be sold as 'for parts or not working' unless otherwise declared, the price offered should be (and expected to be) in accordance with that assumption.

Offline Neuromodulator

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2017, 11:51:30 pm »
So what offers has he accepted or rejected? Just wondering....

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2017, 12:27:34 am »
Might be useful to give some indication of condition, whether they are tested/cal-checked, any warranty against DOA etc.
That'd be nice, yes.

Offline b_force

• Super Contributor
    • One World Concepts
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2017, 01:08:56 am »
More seriously, this is low demand stuff if it's not assured or calibrated. It'll just sit and rots if you post it on the web and if you post it on ebay and wait then you have to pay up for fees up front. Better to make a few extra quid selling direct to people who are likely to put the cash down. I'd have no problems. I could do with an E3615 or two to be honest but I've got three perfectly good power supplies already.
Where is the DIY spirit nowadays?  :-\ :'( :'( :'(
Sometimes it seems far gone.

Even if the design of a PSU is that bad, you would surely pay more for a transformer, a case/chassis, some knobs and other bits and bobs
Just rip out the guts, and replace it with a good other design to your taste

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2017, 04:38:41 am »
Even if we didn't get specifics about each item on offer - it would be nice to get at least a feel for what to expect.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2017, 06:21:10 am »
Where is the DIY spirit nowadays?  :-\ :'( :'( :'(
Sometimes it seems far gone.

Even if the design of a PSU is that bad, you would surely pay more for a transformer, a case/chassis, some knobs and other bits and bobs
Just rip out the guts, and replace it with a good other design to your taste

The construction of an E3615 doesn’t lend itself to repurposing.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf