Author Topic: probe master test leads never delivered  (Read 1724 times)

Online AnthocyaninaTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • The Sara
probe master test leads never delivered
« on: November 14, 2021, 09:09:58 pm »
I don't know where else to post this, so this seems like the better place to do so. Ive bought a pair of probe master test leads for my multimeter. To be delivered with usps. usps' tracking site never showed the package to be out for delivery but immediately went from arrived at the office to "available for pickup" then the next day it said "delivered". it was never delivered, no one got any notification about where to go pick it up, it never was out for delivery. my dad, since it was done through him, contacted probe master, mentioned this, asked if they could reach usps for help. probe master said usps is useless and will not help. so they sent another package, and today, again, it says ready for pickup, with no mention of where can anyone go pick it up. We don't live in the us, so this is being sent to a friend of my dad's, so i can't call the usps office or anything. And online they won't reply. I'm wondering if anyone in the US who has purchased probe master leads with usps shipping has had a similar issue where the package is never out for delivery and appear as ready for pickup, what to do then? also, what to do if it appears as "delivered" yet nothing was delivered? Thank you!

Offline dorkshoei

• Frequent Contributor
Re: probe master test leads never delivered
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2021, 09:15:04 pm »
I've never purchased these leads but I've had many hundreds of items shipped to me via USPS and "available for pickup" and I can't recall seeing such a status.   

It's possible this is the status that occurs when they have attempted to deliver,  failed and left a delivery slip (which explains why they couldn't deliver,  such as needing a signature).    I've had slips left for me but I've never looked at the tracking in these situations,  I just take the slip to my local post office and get the item.

It would be helpful if you went to USPS website (https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input), entered your tracking number and posted a screenshot here.

Without more details my immediate suggestion is to have the "friend of my dad's" go to his local post office and inquire.   You will get nowhere trying to call USPS national customer service.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 09:45:03 pm by dorkshoei »

• Frequent Contributor
  • The Sara
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2021, 09:19:06 pm »
the complete tracking history one is the most recent one, the other one is the one they originally sent that claims it's been delivered, even if it was never "out for delivery" in the tracking page

Offline dorkshoei

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 09:24:53 pm »
MILAM DAIRY, FL Post Office
5600 NW 72ND AVE MIAMI, FL 33166 - 9998
Phone 305-885-6758

Googling this shows up as the actual phone# for the location.

I am able to call my local post office as I know their number and speak to someone but I know not all offices like people to call them direct.

The following users thanked this post: Anthocyanina

• Frequent Contributor
  • The Sara
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2021, 09:25:28 pm »
is there only one office for that zip code? i look at the general area and see all of these, so which one is it? that's what makes it even worse, that in the tracking they don't list the address where it's "available for pickup"
Thank you!

• Frequent Contributor
  • The Sara
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2021, 09:26:22 pm »
MILAM DAIRY, FL Post Office
5600 NW 72ND AVE MIAMI, FL 33166 - 9998
Phone 305-885-6758

Googling this shows up as the actual phone# for the location.

I am able to call my local post office as I know their number and speak to someone but I know not all offices like people to call them direct.

Thank you, i'll pass that information and see if she can contact them

Offline dorkshoei

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2021, 09:27:30 pm »
is there only one office for that zip code?
I replied above.

There is normally only one physical post office for a zip code though sometimes one post office services multiple zip codes.

Offline dorkshoei

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2021, 09:49:36 pm »
There is some info here:  https://www.usglobalmail.com/available-for-pickup/

It's odd that the first shipment went from "available for pickup" on October 31 to "delivered" on November 1.

See the above webpage for what the initial "available for pickup" could mean.  It's also possible it was mis-delivered.   When this happens you need to ask neighbors etc.

The second one only arrived at the post office today,  so it may get delivered tomorrow.  I wouldn't send your dads friend to the Post Office until tracking shows what happens next.

• Frequent Contributor
  • The Sara
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2021, 10:27:00 pm »
Thank you, yeah i had already read that when the previous shipment failed to be delivered. My dad ordered other things to arrive at his friend's and everything had the same thing happen.

That site says:
Quote from: usglobalmail.com
If your parcel is “available for pickup,” that means that it’s not going to move any further until you take action. There is no point in waiting for this to change to “out for delivery” or anything similar; the parcel is now as far as the courier company is going to take it, and you will have to collect it in person.

The first test leads and what my dad ordered have been added to "missing mail" forms but they haven't given us any response, and now seeing how this new package is also showing the same tracking steps as the others, i'm starting to think it will never be delivered, so it seems the only way would be to send someone there eprsonally to check. I've already sent the information of the post office to my dad so he can ask his friend to contact them. This is going to be like a broken telephone game  :palm: Thanks! I'll update if anything. Or if anyone else has had this happen and managed to get their packages, please let me know!  :scared: Thank you!

• Frequent Contributor
  • The Sara
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2021, 09:40:04 pm »
Well, in case anyone wondered what happened,today both packages arrived, contacted probe master about returning the extra set and were told to keep it, they were very nice about it  :) . Next time I'll make sure to not choose usps  :palm:

Offline dorkshoei

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2021, 04:07:56 pm »
Glad it worked out for you.  USPS can be maddening.  I'm lucky in that my local post office is great and so is my assigned delivery person.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf