Author Topic: FS: New CP2100 low cost current probes (dual channel)  (Read 3600 times)

Online nctnicoTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
FS: New CP2100 low cost current probes (dual channel)
« on: November 03, 2013, 07:10:14 pm »
Over the past few years I have dealt with several projects in which I needed to see the current on my oscilloscope. Some switching power supplies, short circuit protection and other more low frequency stuff like the current from a bridge rectifier. I looked at several commercial clamp-on current probes but prices and delivery times put me off. Besides that I often want to look at two currents at the same time so buying two clamp-on probes gets costly. After tinkering with current transformers and a prototype for a customer in which I also needed a current sensing circuit I decided to roll my own current probe. This turned out pretty good (read: very useful) and I decided to make a product out of it. OK, its not a clamp-on current probe but it still works excellent even for narrow pulses (<1us) with short stranded enamel wires to measure the current through an inductor or transformer.

My normal selling price is €199,- including 21% VAT. But... I'm knocking off €25,- for EEVBlog members!
If you are inside the EU the price is €174,- including 21% VAT
If you are outside the EU or have a VAT number the price is € 143,- (no VAT).

The manual can be downloaded from this link: http://www.nctdev.nl/downloads/CP2100%20Operating%20manual.pdf
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
Re: FS: New CP2100 low cost current probes (dual channel)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 01:02:02 pm »
Can you show the inside of your box with some pictures and may be schematic
Thanks
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline KD0CAC John

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 01:27:30 pm »
Could you do a video using ?
What are you using for probes ?
Thanks

Online nctnicoTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 03:58:45 pm »
A video may take a while. You don't need any probes. Just loop the current through the 4mm banana sockets. When working on SMPS design I use multistranded enamel wires to reduce the self inductance of the wires to the banana sockets. In the picture below I'm using it to check a 750W DC-DC converter:

« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 08:48:35 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf