Author Topic: FS: Datum Efratom LPRO 101 Rubidium Frequency Standard, calibrated, with PCB kit  (Read 13943 times)

Offline testpoint1Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Zeeman Effect of Rubidium

• Frequent Contributor
today will ship it since I need time to calibrate it, I also can give you the GPSDO (with OXCO) data to you, you can compare the Allan Deviation.

The following users thanked this post: Mechatrommer

• Frequent Contributor
Zeeman Effect of Rubidium
thanks for that info. did you pack me the best rubidium unit as i asked? ;) i hope it will be good when it arrived. i plan to use my big heatsink laying about here (better have purpose than no purpose) and plan to use my own layout when making custom enclosure for the rubidium unit. maybe later i can add multiplier to get 100MHz and 1GHz derived standard from it. i read GPSDO can have more stable output, but need to change to better OXCO on used thunderbolt unit and GPS must have reception to lock. i havent followed GPSDO discussion in eevblog not sure what they can achieve i'm not a volt nut guy, am not a fan to leave a unit turned on for months esp when it consumes 60W of energy. so i think i need one standalone standard that still can work in a bunker albeit higher phase noise. but looking at the graph i think it will be acceptable for me and should be good enough for amazon jungle ;D

test a GPSDO (buy from Internet), do a comparison between calibrated LPRO 101 and it. there is no mean to compare a OXCO to a Rubidium clock, actually, both of them hot 2 hours:

The following users thanked this post: Kosmic

• Frequent Contributor
test a GPSDO (buy from Internet), do a comparison between calibrated LPRO 101 and it. there is no mean to compare a OXCO to a Rubidium clock, actually, both of them hot 2 hours:
:-+ is that my unit? i hope the calibration setting not bumped due to some magnetic field or mishandling from shipping operators during the shipping. how good is your reference to CNT-90 counter? (deviation from absolute 10MHz and its phase noise?) if aging rate is within limit of 5E-11 (50µHz) per month:

now its showing 10.000 000 000 005 MHz
1 year later = 600µHz drift, so it will show 10.000 000 000 605 MHz
10 years later = 6mHz drift, so it will show 10.000 000 006 005 MHz

am i making sense?

it is not yours, your LPRO already deliverred,  according my experience, all the LPRO 101, 20 years working time, never calibrated, show the worst value is 10.000 000 011 xx MHz, better than the GPSDO

• Frequent Contributor
according my experience, all the LPRO 101, 20 years working time, never calibrated, show the worst value is 10.000 000 011 xx MHz, better than the GPSDO
i hope there is still life in those units you shipped, if 10 years operating life left its ok, but if next month bulb is burnt, we are screwed.

all the problem is heating problem of the Resistor, if you install a certain heat sink for the LPRO, it is not easy to die, any way, Rubidium lamp and cell is no problem for your next 10 years.

Offline Kosmic

• Super Contributor
Received my unit today. It's working perfectly. Thanks testpoint1 !

• Frequent Contributor
Received my unit today. It's working perfectly. Thanks testpoint1 !

good, I try to increase the frequency accuracy from 5E-9 (like GPSDO etc.) to 5E-11 for the world's electronic amateur. hope you enjoy it.

• Frequent Contributor
after several years, one company made a product, FE-5682A (interface compatible with LPRO-101), you can compare the stability with LPRO-101.

• Frequent Contributor
what is the purpose for the LPRO 101 using?

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
received the unit 2 days ago, and just tested it. now i can sense one of my instrument is a bit off, ironically my cheaper rigol is spot on.
what is the purpose for the LPRO 101 using?
10MHz reference, what else? ;D later if i have time, i'll produce 100MHz and 1GHz reference as well from it using PLL or something.
btw, here's my (attached) reading of the signal when locked...

1) DS1054Z (into 10Mohm Hi-Z probe)
2) KC901V 10MHz reading (off at 9.999333 MHz)
3) KC901V 100KHz Span
4) KC901V 1MHz Span
5) KC901V 10MHz Span
6) KC901V 100MHz Span (10dB ref, 30KHz RBW)

advice welcomed fwiw...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 03:39:27 pm by Mechatrommer »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline all_repair

• Frequent Contributor
"the complete kit will be ready within 2 weeks, now is sample machine"

Is it ready?  ;D

• Frequent Contributor
yes, ready, the 3 days' is a Chinese vacation, I will post it in ebay soon.

• Frequent Contributor

Is it ready?  ;D

the LPRO-101 with house version released, and the standalone version still keep, and have 2 slim 101 Rubidium clock (SLCR) to sell.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 06:54:37 am by testpoint1 »

Offline syau

• Frequent Contributor

Is it ready?  ;D

the LPRO-101 with house version released, and the standalone version deleted.

Order placed :-+

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
Is that $1.xx or $100 or $1??  ;) Consider me likely interested in 2 weeks  :palm:
I'm not sure how confusion about the intended price could arise.

• Frequent Contributor

Is it ready?  ;D

thanks, will ship today, and the list is:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/173868078573

Offline all_repair

• Frequent Contributor

Is it ready?  ;D

My order just in also.  If come with calibration certificate shall be very nice ;D Never mind if your lab is certified or not, as long as your reference is. 

• Frequent Contributor

Is it ready?  ;D

My order just in also.  If come with calibration certificate shall be very nice ;D Never mind if your lab is certified or not, as long as your reference is.

I try to calibrate it, maybe I move to US, can get the NIST certification

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
Do I understand correctly the power supply needs to be bought separately? Can this be disciplined with a GPS later on, which would of course require some conversion?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 02:26:08 pm by Mr. Scram »

• Frequent Contributor
Do I understand correctly the power supply needs to be bought separately? Can this be disciplined with a GPS later on, which would of course require some conversion?

this one is NOT a clock can be trained by GPS; yes, if you have no 24V power, you need to purchase it from me, I select the 24V power from several types, the power is small and stable, and cheap.

The following users thanked this post: Mr. Scram

Offline Towger

• Super Contributor
I don't see why they can't be GPS disciplined. The the frequency can be adjusted by changing the voltage on pin 7 from the default of 2.5v, to between 0 to 5 volts.  The manual covers this.  The Lars GPSDO design from what my understanding would require little or no changes to do the job.

The following users thanked this post: Mechatrommer, Mr. Scram

• Frequent Contributor
I don't see why they can't be GPS disciplined. The the frequency can be adjusted by changing the voltage on pin 7 from the default of 2.5v, to between 0 to 5 volts.  The manual covers this.  The Lars GPSDO design from what my understanding would require little or no changes to do the job.

yes, the pin is for external fine tuning, same as internal, but, did you find any GPSDO output can connect the pin? you also need to design the PLL circuit then can use, try it.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 02:11:21 am by testpoint1 »

• Frequent Contributor
if someone instrested in the GPSDO, FEI has one, I listed in here (power on 24 hours test it):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/173873594220

if someone need my CNT-90 counter, I also list it in my shop.

Offline syau

• Frequent Contributor

Is it ready?  ;D

thanks, will ship today, and the list is:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/173868078573

Received the unit today. Will do some testing during weekend.

• Frequent Contributor
I also use a SRS PRS10 (used) with GPS 1pps in (GPS is Ublox M8T) to verify my reference, no problem. next I will seek a Cesium clock.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf