Author Topic: HP 6632B Power Supply replacement OLED screen (DONE)  (Read 14951 times)

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
Re: HP 6632B Power Supply replacement OLED screen (DONE)
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2016, 12:32:12 am »
If it's just the display, you could control it via the serial port and build a remote display/controller. Some small micro, 40x2 LCD, five buttons, bosh.

Offline PTR_1275

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2016, 08:59:39 am »
I'll have a rummage in my spares pile and see if I have any.

Have you had a chance to look through your pile and see if you have parts available?

I have plugged the front PCA from my 66332a into the broken 6632b and it works fine, if I use the broken PCA I can get all the buttons to work, so there doesn't appear to be any damage further than the VFD being shattered.

Further more to that, if the OP is willing to sell me a display kit with the OLED display I would be interested also. I know that it is possible to make one myself, but I do not posses the skills or time currently to make up a serial controller to control the PSU, or a display driver to take the serial feed to the display and run another display.

Offline KJDS

• Super Contributor
    • my website holding page
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2016, 05:04:52 pm »
I've got a pile of units waiting to be fixed, so I'll take a look at the recent repair thread and see if that fix can be applied to any of my broken units to make them good. If that doesn't work, then I won't have the time to sort them out and won't mind selling them for parts.

No idea when I'll get round to it.

Offline senseless

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2016, 05:44:28 pm »
I've got a pile of units waiting to be fixed, so I'll take a look at the recent repair thread and see if that fix can be applied to any of my broken units to make them good.
I searched for the mentioned thread and guess this one is the correct: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/agilent-6632b-fault-repair-and-several-design-flaws/msg1018796/#msg1018796
Just for reference.

Offline PTR_1275

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2016, 06:38:28 am »
I've got a pile of units waiting to be fixed, so I'll take a look at the recent repair thread and see if that fix can be applied to any of my broken units to make them good. If that doesn't work, then I won't have the time to sort them out and won't mind selling them for parts.

No idea when I'll get round to it.

Not a problem, Roberto has gotten in contact with me (He doesn't check the forum very often) and we are talking about the OLED conversion, so I will probably not need the VFD after all.

Offline kjk24

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2019, 06:48:29 pm »
I used a led backlight from a old mobile cut it to the right size and use it with a curentconstant regulator, only two transistors and two resistors.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/pih2mcSkGtk2ALkh9
A finished picture will follow , the viewing angel is for mobile phones so you have to think about that
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4V9NmTR8WsNtbGms5
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 06:53:36 pm by kjk24 »
best regards
kai
-------------------------------
I7 &
E4 1.19.8

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf