Author Topic: FS (UK) Retro 70's MyKit System 5  (Read 715 times)

Offline Tommo120Topic starter

FS (UK) Retro 70's MyKit System 5
« on: December 10, 2017, 10:37:15 am »
So I was routing around my house to clear out some old rubbish and sell off anything that's worth selling when I came across this. I googled around to see if it's worth anything and found this forum, so I figured why not test the waters and see if anyone here, most likely a collector, has any interest in buying it. It used to be owned by my grandparents, and it has seen better days, but does seem to be in a reasonably good condition, the box isn't in a very good state though and is kinda falling apart. I cannot say whether the components all work, but if it garners any interest I could do some testing (not that I'd know what to do with it) and post more pictures if required.

As for a price, I literally have no idea, so if anyone with more knowledge than myself could give me a rough idea of what it's worth I'd really appreciate it.

Offline sn4k3

• Frequent Contributor
Re: FS (UK) Retro 70's MyKit System 5
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 05:11:29 pm »
That kit looks awesome, good for learning/schools. The connectors are just loose springs? Would be better to see a banana connector more sturdy, but at that age is pretty good, maybe it can be hacked :D

The components are just normal and commun, the instrument itself don't represent any precision reference and the build quality is not the best but we can't blame, it's a old build and in his time would cost a good amount to have this, so the value most likely will depend on much a person like or want that. But I would like to know it value too  :-+
It's a cool to have in every lab IMO, good looking.

Some new like pictures and more information: https://www.petervis.com/electronics-lab/mykit-system-5/mykit-system-5.html
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:13:46 pm by sn4k3 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf