Author Topic: FS (UK): Itron FG202SA2 - dual 101 segment bar graph VFD plus drivers and psu  (Read 1118 times)

Offline billtoddTopic starter

• Contributor
Continuing my post-op clear out , I have a few of these 'kits' that might interest people here.

The 'kit' consists of: 
An FG202SA2  Itron dual 101 segment bar graph VFD glass unit (2 x 100 individually addressable segments plus 1 double segment ). Blue/ green in colour.

Two off: SED2020 serial input to  20 output segment driver chips (30-70v 10mA)

A 3-5v input to 40v (?) plus filament drive module.

I have a zip file with basic circuit and a PCB design (gerbers)  for a display module (see photo) . Unfortunately, I have no PCBs to make up the modules.

The VFD is not difficult to drive: One full Frame consists of 19 five byte (40bit) fields that are synchronously clocked to the pair of SED2020s . The field bits select grid or grids and individual segments. The frame rate can be sufficiently fast to allow for on duration brightness control.

There is PIC P16F887 assembler code to drive them , gerbers and data sheets in the zip file here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwXDcXKx2KzldldqSlZTS0hvT3M/view?usp=drive_link&resourcekey=0-XjEDKwHIh5Zt0VsSFCHMHw

And I have a one chip analogue input audio meter code for the PIC 12F1572 (somewhere).

I've seen similar vfd glass only sell for over £50 so ,

£50 + postage (£5 UK,  £12 international)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2024, 08:29:29 am by billtodd »

• Contributor
£50 , too much?

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
£50 , too much?

Maybe, since we're all skinflints here, but probably just the wrong marketplace; have you tried an audiophile forum?
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

• Contributor
The trouble with audio forums is that nobody wants to make anything. I end up having having to fend off questions like 'will it take a vinyl input?'

The following users thanked this post: AVGresponding

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
it wont serve you if you post too much about it,    dont bump too much and be patient  or push it to ebay ?

• Contributor

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf