Author Topic: WTB UK: 16/8-bit ISA VGA Cards & Sockets  (Read 1581 times)

Offline DomipheusTopic starter

• Blog
WTB UK: 16/8-bit ISA VGA Cards & Sockets
« on: December 02, 2015, 04:49:56 pm »
Hey folks,

Got a little hobby project on the go and need some old 386/486 era ISA Graphic VGA cards. Annoyingly I threw any I had left out a few years ago. They seem to be going for silly money on ebay (£20-30+, outrageous P&P costs) - a region I'm not prepared to pay given the likelihood of them being DoA.

If anyone has some kicking around in their old computer bits bin I'd be happy to take them off your hands. Not talking much money, 5-8 quid each + p&p, as seen. I'm in Edinburgh.

Additionally I'm after a few ISA sockets (16-bit type). I'd be willing to buy a riser card and desolder them myself if someone has that sort of thing in the junk bin.

Cheers in advance,
Colin
- Colin

Offline moya034

• Regular Contributor
  • Former Welder, IT guy, and Ham Radio Junkie
Re: WTB UK: 16/8-bit ISA VGA Cards & Sockets
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 04:52:00 pm »
Next time I go to my storage unit, I'll see what I can dig up for you. It'll be a week or two tho...

Offline Stupid Beard

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 06:05:31 pm »
I just had a look in my pile of old crap that'd be useful one day, had to dig really far down to find ISA stuff. No graphics cards, but I found a couple of NE2000 compatible 10mbit network cards and a dual 16C550 serial port card. The two UARTs and a PAL are socketed on the serial card.

You're welcome to any of it if you want it.

Offline DomipheusTopic starter

• Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 12:11:57 pm »
Hey folks, thanks for looking! Primarily after the vga cards just now, but a serial board may come in handy later. I'll let you know.
- Colin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf