Author Topic: Keysight (Malaysia) e-bay experiences?  (Read 2205 times)

Offline awallinTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Keysight (Malaysia) e-bay experiences?
« on: October 25, 2014, 04:55:46 pm »
Hi all,
anyone bought some refurbished equipment from the Keysight e-bay store? Do they ever take offers or did you "buy it now"?
How much was shipping to europe? (they don't list that on e-bay)

thanks,
AW

Online AndyC_772

• Super Contributor
  • Professional design engineer
    • Cawte Engineering | Reliable Electronics
Re: Keysight (Malaysia) e-bay experiences?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 05:46:27 pm »
I bought my scope from them. It took a few weeks to be shipped, but the ad did mention that, so it wasn't a surprise. I've a feeling shipping to the UK was free.

What was a surprise, was the condition of the scope when it arrived. It was like new, complete with a brand new set of probes and accessories, and the only signs it wasn't a brand new scope were the 'CertiPrime' sticker on the top, and a few marks on the probe ID rings which showed that probes had been attached and removed a few times.

Offline LabSpokane

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 02:51:49 am »
Got my scope there. Great transaction. My scope was in new, flawless condition with all accessories. I had to wait, as it was listed in the ad, but I also saved $1600 on a scope so I have no complaints. The customer service is great as well.  I made an offer and they accepted.

Offline jpb

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 12:26:58 pm »
I bought a 33522A function generator from them and they took an offer despite it being already discounted in a "sale" but my offer was close.
It arrived in good condition though I did have a bit of trouble when they muddled up my order (in the UK) with that of a customer in the States and told me I already had received it when I hadn't! But they did sort it out promptly and apologized.
I've been very busy looking for a new job so haven't had a chance to try it out properly though despite having had it for a couple of months. I did successfully upgrade the firmware to the latest version though and ran a few checks.

They do take offers but it depends on the product and how long they've been trying to shift it for.

The rule of thumb that I found from observing the site over a couple of years and making lots of rejected offers is that in the UK you can probably make an offer that is equivalent to having it VAT free i.e. about 15% low. At that level they might not accept it but it is serious enough for them to make a counter-offer. In the UK it means I can look at the prices on the site (which are ex VAT) and assume that I might get them for that price including VAT.

Shipping to the UK is free. As for shipping to Europe, this may well be free as well - it depends if they already have a channel in that country I think. I would guess that it would be free to Germany say but there may be a charge to a smaller country where they don't have a major presence.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 12:30:22 pm by jpb »

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 04:43:29 pm »
I bought several items from them, scope, generator, PSU, and more and each time I sent them an email, to negotiate the price down. Then I made the offer for the negotiated price and it was accepted right away. Shipping took a little long but was free, each time. I am absolutely happy with them.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf