Author Topic: FS: Lab Cleanup! SMT parts, PSUs, Test Equipment, Tools, RF, Oddball Stuff...  (Read 4398 times)

Offline SVFeingoldTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
EDIT 2/4: All of this stuff is getting thrown out this weekend. I've lost my appetite for packing any more boxes so unfortunately no more shipping. If anyone is local to the SF Bay Area, you are welcome to come take anything you like for free.

EDIT 1/23: Take 10% off of all the prices listed!

Recently had a come-to-Jesus moment about letting things I'll probably never use keep taking up space, so I took the long holiday to do a big lab cleanup. The last week or so I've been organizing and cataloging in hopes that this stuff can go to EEVBlog members who'll make the most of it. I'm located in the Bay Area. Most isn't worth shipping overseas but I'll work with you for smaller items that can go in an envelope or small box. Just expect a bit of delay since USPS is more out of my way and I'm less familiar with the process. If you're local feel free to come pick up anything that catches your eye.

The majority of this is from my private stash, projects that never came to fruition, abandoned client parts, or from that one time I went a little nuts on the auction circuit and took the idea of "you can never have too many power supplies" way too far.

In the interest of not spamming the board I'm going to try and put everything in this thread, so I'll add to it as I come across other stuff that needs to go. Most of the test equipment is on my eBay site. I hope it's OK w/ the admins to post links because I really don't want to have to re-upload all the pictures somewhere else. Plus you'll save $50+ on shipping the bigger/heavier stuff with the eBay discount. It tends to be 50%+ cheaper than me shipping individually. 

I discounted from the eBay prices because EEVBlog has helped me and kept me entertained on many a cold night. Prices given are for each item unless it's specified as a lot. I'm definitely not an arbiter of value so I'm open to updating these prices if I missed the mark. If you don't like the price of something make an offer!

I'd also like to ask a $10 minimum for the cheap/free stuff just to make it not-completely-a-waste-of-money/time to package stuff and ship it.

I'm in the process of getting pictures of everything not on eBay. If you want to see anything in particular though just ask and ye shall receive. The thumbnails should all click through to larger pics hosted on Imgur. Formatting this was a bear so if anything looks FUBAR let me know and I'll try to fix it.

TEST EQUIPMENT

Bench/rack Power Supplies - These have all been load tested (up to 300W) in both max current and max voltage ranges unless mentioned otherwise. Most for 15-30 minutes on each range of each output. E.g. 30 min @ max current+power, 30 min @ max voltage+power, etc.

Power Supply Modules
  • $200 - 2x TDK Lambda RWS1000B-24 Enclosed PSU; 24V/52A/1000W - These are basically brand new from Digikey. Never used, still in the box. Was going to use them for a big LED project but never got around to it. They're each ~$340 from the usual suppliers.
  • $7/ea; $80/lot - 14x Meanwell NFM-15-12 AC/DC Converter 12V/15W - Leftover new stock from a client project. Ordered from Digikey. These were discontinued recently but they're still neat little supplies.
  • $5/ea; $200/lot - 55x Meanwell IRM-10-12 Enclosed AC/DC Converter 12V 10W - Same story as above; leftover new stock. Pretty compact, I've used a couple in projects where I needed to power something off the mains.
  • $40 - 1x Agilent 0950-3396 -  Pretty sure I pulled this out of one of those E5515C wireless test sets. Stupidest purchase ever.

•    
  • FREE - 1x Analog Devices 920 Dual Power Supply (+/- 15V) - I've had this thing forever. No particular need so away it goes.
    •  
  • $30 - 1x Astec MP6-2D-2E-4LL-03 600W supply; - Pulled this out of some old test equipment.
    •        

RF Stuff
  • $1000-$1500 - 2x Rohde & Schwarz CMU 200 - I've tested both of these and had them powered on for days. No worries. One of them has the bluetooth kit which seems to add some value. Both have passed all self-tests. There's a full listing of all options on the eBay pages for these, don't want to repost it all here.
  • $400 - 3x Rohde & Schwarz CRTU-RU - So far I've tested one for an extended period. The others are on the to-do list. One of them has a very dim screen, call it $300 for that one.
  • SOLD $500 - 1x HP 8648B 9kHz - 2GHz siggen w/ 1E5 option
  • $400 - 1x Rohde & Schwarz CMW-Z24 2x4 RF Combiner
  • $250 - 1x Anite Dual Antenna Combiner - This one needs to be tested. If nobody is interested I'll probably cannibalize it. Should have some interesting bits inside. Some of the RF ports aren't quite straight. Not sure if that's from the factory or it got knocked around.
  • $100 - 3x Spirent TAS 4600A Noise & Interference Emulator - Another in the "why the fuck did I buy this" category.
  • $250- 1x Azimuth RPE-402 RF Enclosure - Came out of a Motorola lab. A bit dusty but seems to be in decent shape. My need for such an enclosure is sufficiently far out that I'd rather just buy one when I need it than keep this around.
  • $500 - 1x Spirent CDMA Test Rack with 1x SR3462, 2x SR3452, 1x SR5500 - Don't even ask me to recall what my plan for this thing was. I think I was mostly interested in the rack itself but it's too big for this city. This is a big behemoth, the rack is about 5'H x 4'D. Not willing to deal with freight shipping for this so local folks only.
  • $100 - N-type cable kit from R&S - 7x 1508.6380.00 cables, 4x 0272.4910.00 1W 50Ohm Terminators, 4x additional N cables w/ right angle connectors. - I prefer to sell this as a lot, but if anyone wants individual cables I think $20/ea. is fair. The 6 cables with R&S part numbers appear to be new but I can't verify. The 4 additional cables came from a CDMA test set.
  • $100 - Lot of SMA attenuators, terminations, SMA -> QMA adapters, SMA->BNC cables, SMA->SMA and SMA->QMA cables - These all came out of a few Anite 9000 test accelerators.
  • $25 - Lot of RF connector kits
  • $150- Lot of Minicircuits splitters, amps, 10MHz OXCO, Atlantec 122.88MHz programmable source

Other Stuff
  • FREE - 1x Rohde & Schwarz full rack - Wager this is about 6.5-7 feet tall. It's a full rack on casters. Has a back panel but missing the side covers. Also has a drawer and a fan unit. Hooray. If anyone local wants it it's yours, otherwise off to the dump.
  • $200 - 1x Kenwood RA-920 600Ohm Decibel Resistance Attenuator - I kinda wanted to keep this but in keeping with the "don't keep stuff you'll never use" motif it's gotta go too.
  • $50/ea - Applent test fixtures: L501A and ATL601 - The 601 is new, the 501A is barely used. Came out of a lab that a friend worked at in ATL. They grew fast, spent tons of money, then went out of business. These should fit other LCR meters but I can't say for sure. If anyone is interested I can measure the connector spacing.
  • $350 - Keithley 427 Current Amplifier
  • $25/$50- 2x Techniquip FOI-150 150W Halogen Light source w/ 1x Dual Fiber Optic Head - $25 for just the light, $50 for the light + fiber optic head. One of these is branded "George S. Maier Company" but it is literally the exact same unit. Dial is the same, sheet metal is the same, screws are the same...
  • $50 - 7x Z-stat 6440 (3x) and 6441 (4x) Desktop Air Ionizers - These are a bit dusty and need a bit of cleaning, which I'm happy to do before I ship them. AFAIK they work, and I can hear corona discharge when they're running, but I do not have a suitable tester.
  • $250 - 4x Desco Chargebuster Jr. 19416 3-fan Overhead Air Ionizer - Similar to the above, but these are ~4 feet long with 3 fans to cover a larger workspace.
  • $1000 - Sunstone CD250DP 250 Ws Dual Pulse Capacitive Discharge Welder - Anchoring this one a little high since I still find it useful. The current version of this retails for $4100 from Sunstone but it has an internal PSU which this one lacks. Some of the components needed for a stand-mounted press type head are included except for the stand itself and the handle. You'll have to procure suitable ones. Pics on request.

Tools

I might have a few other things to add here. I've got a Keithley 2110 5.5 digit DMM I probably don't need anymore since I just picked up one of those new-old 34401As, as well as a dual-tracking HP E3630A I could stand to part with.

Up next...components!

EDIT: Added ionizers and welder to "Other Stuff."
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 12:14:32 am by SVFeingold »

• Frequent Contributor
Continuing on, here are all the components and a few other useful items.

COMPONENTS

(Mostly) SMT Parts (Also some knobs, fuses, displays, fans, project boxes, etc.)

I made a handy-dandy spreadsheet to keep track of everything here:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rd0mQuHxgV4N-ijer2D3KrVi2cSX1PuvK5JPetokQpc/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT: Actives are gone!

I'd prefer to sell these as lots, I don't really want to go picking through bins for individual resistors and such. I'm willing to break up the actives and displays if anyone wants specific items, keeping in mind the $10 minimum. All of the displays are new and unused.

I'd say maybe ~30% of the packages here are unopened. The rest have been partially consumed. Everything is still in its original labeled Digikey bags so no sifting through unlabeled components. Duplicate lines are for the same part from a different order (i.e. another bag). This entire BOM is about ~ $4.2k at current Digikey prices so I hope these are sufficient discounts. I separated out the PCM2900 parts just because they're pricey and I'm reasonably confident I could eventually sell them on eBay for ~20% of the MSRP. They're neat little chips. Connect the analog outputs to an amp, connect the USB pins to to a port, and you have an instant USB audio device. Drivers are already built into Windows so literally plug and play. These came from a bluetooth record player project I worked on.

Components
  • $25 for all the rectifiers/thyristors in the 4 bullets below
  • $5/ea or $10 lot - 3x S4260TS 600V/125A Rectifier Diodes - These came out of some HV TEM power supplies. I tested the forward voltage drop and reverse leakage current @ rated voltage with a dielectric analyzer.
  • $5 - 1x 1N3297A 1.4kV/100A Diode - Same story as above
  • $5/ea or $7/lot- 2x 71RB160 Thyristors 1.6kV/110A - Same story as above.
  • $5/ea or $10/lot- 3x Semikron SKT80/08D Thyristors
  • $5/both - 2x Res Inc Power Resistors - 25 and 50 Ohm - If memory serves these came out of an elevator control room from a building that was being demolished back in college. There is no part number or power rating printed on these. Based on the size I'd say they're somewhere around 150-200W.
  • $FREE - Anderson Power Products SB 175A/600V Connector Set - These are unused, came out of an EV project from long, long ago.
  • FREE - 120V/24V 50VA Transformer
  • $35 - Lot of precision pots (Helipot 7216 R 5K L.25 - Spectrol 530-127 - Copal RE20-100-200 encoders)
  • $1/ea or $75/lot - 301x Alpha Switch 2 Pole/2 Position Rotary Switches - MPN SR1712F-0202-15F0A-N9-N - These were ordered directly from Alpha. They're identical to these switches from Mouser except that they're 2 position vs. 4, and have a 15mm long shaft instead of 20mm.
  • $2/ea or $25/lot - 44x SSD1306 Blue OLED Display Modules - 0.96" 128x64px - Leftover from an old startup.

Other Stuff
  • $50 - Lot of solder paste - These are all expired but will work just fine for hobbyist purposes. They've been refrigerated for most of their lives. The GC10 tubes weigh in at 394g and 531g, the Kester HP505 at 480g, and the Chipquick SMD291 at 254g. I opened the Chipquik and Kester tubs and they're still nice and pasty. Happy to do a reflow test of all of them for an extra $10.
  • FREE - Flat nickel-plated wire - Got this long ago for soldering solar cells together.
  • $10 - 1x New Indium 1lb Solder - 53406-0454 - SAC305, 0.032 (0.8mm)
  • $10 - 13x New Electrovert Kleenox "P" Solder Oxide Reducing Powder - This stuff is pretty neat if you use solder pots a lot. Helps reduce waste due to dross as it turns most of it back into solder, and also makes cleaning up all the crap that builds up a bit easier. Just don't eat it or breathe the fumes. Usually retails for $30-40 per lb. Kester makes a similar product as do a few other companies. Check the SDS - they're all the same chemical.

That's all for now. Might have some other stuff to put up as I continue setting my lab back up.

EDIT: Added Indium solder spool + Kleenox P oxide reducing powder.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 06:10:44 pm by SVFeingold »

• Frequent Contributor
Reserved!

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
Bump!

Hate to see this one get buried...

The following users thanked this post: SVFeingold

Online testpoint1

• Frequent Contributor
Hi,

can I get  following?

$25 - Lot of RF connector kits
$10 - 1x New Indium 1lb Solder
FREE - Flat nickel-plated wire

• Frequent Contributor
Hi,

can I get  following?

$25 - Lot of RF connector kits
$10 - 1x New Indium 1lb Solder
FREE - Flat nickel-plated wire

You got it! I may not be able to ship for a couple days as I have a bit of a backlog going, but I'll set these aside and package them for you. PM me your address so I can create a label and let you know the shipping cost.

• Frequent Contributor
Added some air ionizers and a capacitive welder to "Other Stuff" in the first post.

Offline RMSLabs

Thanks for the tools and power supply. Works great!!!   :-+

Offline BilalHammoud

just received the Agilent 6623A, works great  :-+ and really great packaging !!

Offline AlexJackson

• Contributor
Do you have 2 of the Topward 3185 supplies available? Id like the one ebay one as well.

• Frequent Contributor
Yep I've got them available.

• Frequent Contributor
Dropping the price of everything by 10% off what's listed!

• Frequent Contributor
Last bump.

Offline AlexJackson

• Contributor
Received the 3 bench power supplies and they were shipped expertly packed. Did a handful of tests with small loads (my usual work). I'm happy with them. Not as fancy as all the new fancy supplies, but perfect for my small work area and will suit my needs better than my hacked together mess. :-+

• Frequent Contributor
Thanks to everyone who ordered something!

The remainder has got a weekend appointment with a garbage truck. If you're local to the Bay Area and can come pick up yourself then you can take your pick, free of charge. With some exceptions for stuff I want to keep.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 10:41:29 pm by SVFeingold »

The following users thanked this post: guenthert

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
Does the garbage truck apply to the ebay listings too?

• Frequent Contributor
Some of it yes, aside from that which is still worth selling or stuff I prefer to keep on hand.

Offline guenthert

• Frequent Contributor
    Hold on to it a bit longer.  I'm sure there will eventually be another fleamarket (http://www.electronicsfleamarket.com/).

• Frequent Contributor
Eh...I've been holding on to it for 3 years. Already moved with all this stuff twice. Another 2 moves to and from a flea market to make a few hundred bucks isn't really worth it.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
I was going to ask about the SMA stuff, as I'm venturing into the NanoVNA and TinySA world .... without any connectors, adapters or attenuators - but I suppose they're gone...?

• Frequent Contributor
It’s mostly spoken for, but I can send a few your way. Anything specific you’re after?

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
This is my first foray into the black magic of RF... So I'm not sure what I should arm myself with.

Some patch leads, attenuators and adapters (M-M, F-F, BNC-SMA) come to mind, but I'm open to suggestion.  I can't see myself getting into power too much - so a 5W limit should be ample.

Truth be known, I'll probably be sniffing and testing for EMI more than anything else.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 04:08:39 am by Brumby »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf