Author Topic: Found! Looking for AD7580JP or AD7580KP  (Read 438 times)

Offline ZGoodeTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Grad student by day, equipment nerd also by day
Found! Looking for AD7580JP or AD7580KP
« on: August 19, 2024, 07:30:08 pm »
I'm trying to source either the AD7580JP or AD7580JP for my 53131A and was wondering if someone either had some spares/NOS floating around or knew of a semi-reliable source for it.  I found a few on Aliexpress, but I'm always a little hesitant to use those in my equipment.  Normally, I would go through Digikey, but this is a long obsolete part that Digikey no longer has in stock.  I found a singular NOS chip listed on eBay, but unfortunately I need 2 of them or else I would have bought that one.
It seems Rochester Electronics has them in stock, but unfortunately they have a minimum purchase quantity of $250 and I don't need that much from them
« Last Edit: August 20, 2024, 07:41:53 pm by ZGoode »

• Regular Contributor
Re: Found! Looking for AD7580JP or AD7580KP
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2024, 07:43:04 pm »
A company in the USA that deals in NOS surplus components reached out to me and said they should be able to source these parts, so I should be in luck!  Now I can turn my 53131A into a 53132A!!!

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2024, 06:47:14 am »
Just be aware that there is a scammer who PMs buyers to say his friend/boss/mate has whatever and provides their contact email address. If this matches your potential source then you should be very circumspect about it.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2024, 06:59:31 am »
Just be aware that there is a scammer who PMs buyers to say his friend/boss/mate has whatever and provides their contact email address. If this matches your potential source then you should be very circumspect about it.

Yup, I've been reached out to by one of those scammers previously.  But I checked it out, this guy has a legit website and I talked to him on the phone today.  While anything is possible, I highly doubt its a scammer in this case.  Normally those scam PM's have weird grammar, but this one felt like a native English speaker.  Also he has no problem with PayPal G&S, which all scammers will reject.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2024, 11:43:01 am »
 :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf