Author Topic: Franky's sales thread  (Read 282141 times)

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
Re: Franky's sales thread
« Reply #525 on: March 22, 2016, 07:56:44 pm »
Thank you very much Franky. Just got my order delivered today after sitting in customs for 11 days  :-// Next time can you ship DHL to USA?

Going to cost you though, and customs will still hold it as well, plus you will get an invoice from DHL as well. USPS is generally faster for low cost stuff, break even on cost of courier is around the $200 mark.

Offline Docholiday

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #526 on: March 22, 2016, 08:00:54 pm »
Thank you very much Franky. Just got my order delivered today after sitting in customs for 11 days  :-// Next time can you ship DHL to USA?

Going to cost you though, and customs will still hold it as well, plus you will get an invoice from DHL as well. USPS is generally faster for low cost stuff, break even on cost of courier is around the $200 mark.

Strange, I buy other items out of Hong Kong and they ship Hong Kong post and when it arrives here in USA (US Customs) it is then picked up by DHL in 3 to 4 days and delivered.

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
« Reply #527 on: March 22, 2016, 11:45:00 pm »

Strange, I buy other items out of Hong Kong and they ship Hong Kong post and when it arrives here in USA (US Customs) it is then picked up by DHL in 3 to 4 days and delivered.
Everyone I know that had ordered from Franky, including myself, had it take a week. Three days of which are usually sitting in customs or post customs clearance waiting to move again. You might have just been unlucky this time.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Offline Docholiday

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #528 on: March 22, 2016, 11:50:58 pm »

Everyone I know that had ordered from Franky, including myself, had it take a week. Three days of which are usually sitting in customs or post customs clearance waiting to move again. You might have just been unlucky this time.

The difference is this order went Hong Kong post to USA Post versus my usual of Hong Kong post to USA DHL.

Anyway, whatever! It arrived and its in my hands. If I have to wait for the quality that Franky sells then I will wait until pigs fly.

Offline iloveelectronicsTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #529 on: March 23, 2016, 01:56:09 am »

Sorry to hear it got stuck in customs for so long :( I don't know how post office packages would get picked up and delivered by DHL in the USA though. As far as I know everything I ship through HK Post is delivered by USPS, and if I send through DHL it's going to cost a real fortune.

There had been about a week when the USPS online tracking system was completely down and I wonder if that had anything to do with the package getting stuck.
My email address: franky @ 99centHobbies . com
My eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/99centhobbies

Offline Docholiday

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #530 on: March 23, 2016, 03:13:03 am »

Sorry to hear it got stuck in customs for so long :( I don't know how post office packages would get picked up and delivered by DHL in the USA though. As far as I know everything I ship through HK Post is delivered by USPS, and if I send through DHL it's going to cost a real fortune.

There had been about a week when the USPS online tracking system was completely down and I wonder if that had anything to do with the package getting stuck.

I talked to the USPS man today and he said because of the computer issues they were unable to deliver in a timely fashion. This in particular affected international delivery scheduling.

Offline Iwanushka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #531 on: March 25, 2016, 12:31:30 am »
Franky,

do you have Red USB 3 (OLED version) power meters in stock?
When all you've got is a hammer, everything starts looking like a nail.- Attrition.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #532 on: March 26, 2016, 03:58:03 pm »
Franky,

YZXstudio has basically discontinued the OLED models now but I may have one very last one I reserved just in case. I will have to confirm on Tuesday though when I get back to the shop (it's a holiday weekend here in HK). I'll let you know.

Offline Iwanushka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #533 on: March 26, 2016, 05:04:25 pm »
Franky,

YZXstudio has basically discontinued the OLED models now but I may have one very last one I reserved just in case. I will have to confirm on Tuesday though when I get back to the shop (it's a holiday weekend here in HK). I'll let you know.

If you will find one please reserve it,

Thank you!
When all you've got is a hammer, everything starts looking like a nail.- Attrition.

Offline tony3d

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #534 on: March 27, 2016, 06:50:55 am »

Offline Back2Volts

• Supporter
« Reply #535 on: April 06, 2016, 05:53:26 pm »
Hi Franky,did you get my email?    I wonder because it has been some days with no reply.

Back2Volts

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #536 on: April 07, 2016, 07:21:50 am »
Hi Franky,did you get my email?    I wonder because it has been some days with no reply.

Back2Volts

Oh I'm really sorry! It was a holiday weekend in Hong Kong and I forgot to follow up! I felt I had forgotten something the last couple of days... Will be replying to your email shortly.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #537 on: April 07, 2016, 07:23:59 am »
Franky,

If you will find one please reserve it,

Thank you!

Also forgot to follow up on this question. Unfortunately I found out I didn't have any of the Red OLED (ZY1231) model left. I do still have one Blue and one Yellow ones though (ZY1230). Let me know if they will work for you.

Offline k4show

« Reply #538 on: April 07, 2016, 06:05:17 pm »
Hi Franky,

Ever offer any banana plugs with leads like these on them?  Male to male.  I really like these connectors.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2pcs-New-Dual-4mm-banana-Male-plug-silicone-Test-cable-M-M-1M-Red-Black-/321998010062?hash=item4af893b6ce:g:87UAAMXQIrFSJpVL

Offline cvanc

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #539 on: April 07, 2016, 06:25:48 pm »
Hi Franky-

Do you have any Kelvin Clips for sale?  Want to modify my DE-5000... thanks.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #540 on: April 08, 2016, 03:53:09 am »
Hi Franky,

Ever offer any banana plugs with leads like these on them?  Male to male.  I really like these connectors.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2pcs-New-Dual-4mm-banana-Male-plug-silicone-Test-cable-M-M-1M-Red-Black-/321998010062?hash=item4af893b6ce:g:87UAAMXQIrFSJpVL

I have tried similar ones like those myself but didn't like the plugs as they are very stiff and won't fit some banana sockets. I have similar ones with stackable banana plugs here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicone-Leads-14AWG-with-Stackable-Banana-Plugs-on-Both-Ends-1-Pair-/172002582714

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #541 on: April 08, 2016, 03:55:36 am »
Hi Franky-

Do you have any Kelvin Clips for sale?  Want to modify my DE-5000... thanks.

Have a look at Reply #476 in this thread: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/franky's-sales-thread/msg833966/?topicseen#msg833966

I have the Kelvin clips as a kit set, but I suppose I can also just sell the Kelvin clips alone if that's what you need. Shoot me a PM with your Paypal email address if interested.

Offline Iwanushka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #542 on: April 08, 2016, 05:33:20 pm »
Franky,

Maybe you found some usb 3 power meters with oled screen?

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #543 on: April 09, 2016, 01:33:10 am »
Franky, in another thread there's discussion of hooks/grabbers for SMD work.
Same subject comes up from time to time and there might be an opportunity for you to supply some.  ;)

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/scope-probes-gt-logic-hook-adapter/msg914622/#msg914622
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Out of office and unavailable for a few days.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #544 on: April 09, 2016, 03:45:24 pm »
Franky,

Maybe you found some usb 3 power meters with oled screen?

The Blue and Yellow ones I have here are USB 3.0 too. Main difference between them and the Red OLED one is that they don't show the D+/D- data line voltages, but offer 3 USB modes which includes an auto-detect fast charge mode for Apple and Samsung devices without having to use the original chargers.

I have yet to find any other similar USB power monitors (OLED or not) that are comparable to these YZXstudio ones in terms of functionality and accuracy.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #545 on: April 09, 2016, 03:47:18 pm »
Franky, in another thread there's discussion of hooks/grabbers for SMD work.
Same subject comes up from time to time and there might be an opportunity for you to supply some.  ;)

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/scope-probes-gt-logic-hook-adapter/msg914622/#msg914622

I looked into these a very long time ago but couldn't really find a source apart from the Japanese manufacturer, but their pricing is really high and it would be very risky and costly for me to stock them unfortunately. I will keep looking to see if I can find any other similar kind of products at more affordable prices.

Offline Docholiday

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #546 on: April 13, 2016, 12:34:21 am »
Hi Franky I am in need of the following;

QTY  Description

(1)    Silicone right angle 4mm banana insulated plug male to medium alligator clip test cable 2m

(1)    Silicone right angle 4mm banana insulated plug male to medium test clip test cable 2m

(2)    4mm Spade Connectors / Fork Terminals for 4mm Banana Plugs (1 Pair Red + Black)

Thank You.

Offline meerweten

• Contributor
    • Greendigit Electronics
« Reply #547 on: August 01, 2016, 08:57:20 pm »
Hey Franky,

i'm looking for some stuff for expation of my lab and my new project.

• 4mm Banana jacks
  • some sharp probes for my multimeter.

What do you have to offer for this, e.g. the probes might just be addons to cables :-DMM and for the banana jack, i do like the ones dave uses on his µcurrentGold design.
Let me know what you can offer me.
not sure about QTY yet.

Greetings,

"Meerweten"
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 08:59:18 pm by meerweten »
Meerweten, Want meten is Weten

Offline HackedFridgeMagnet

• Super Contributor
« Reply #548 on: August 04, 2016, 12:29:32 am »
Hi Franky

I am after some banana plug socket combined Binding posts Red, White, Blue, Black and Green. Maybe 12 of each. Can you get something suitable. Attached is a photo of similar ones.

Also 1 metre retractable ? shrouded banana plugs leads Red, White and Blue.

Some big and small (if you have them) crocodile clips the bananas can plug into. Red and Black. 4 of each so 16 in all. If you have something suitable.

They are going to be used at up to 400V rms and in student labs. so good quality.

Let me know what you can do

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #549 on: August 07, 2016, 04:05:15 pm »
Hi Franky

I am after some banana plug socket combined Binding posts Red, White, Blue, Black and Green. Maybe 12 of each. Can you get something suitable. Attached is a photo of similar ones.

Also 1 metre retractable ? shrouded banana plugs leads Red, White and Blue.

Some big and small (if you have them) crocodile clips the bananas can plug into. Red and Black. 4 of each so 16 in all. If you have something suitable.

They are going to be used at up to 400V rms and in student labs. so good quality.

Let me know what you can do

Very sorry about the late response. It has been a very busy couple of weeks for me with a few things going on at the same time. I will try to send you a PM within the next couple of days. My apologies once again for the wait.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf