Author Topic: Franky's sales thread  (Read 279648 times)

Offline teslafan

• Regular Contributor
  • Nubie
Re: Franky's sales thread
« Reply #325 on: February 08, 2015, 02:50:23 am »
What's a good complimentary Win 7 Hp data logging general purpose dmm to the UT139C? Thanks

Offline Ebivetar

• Contributor
« Reply #326 on: February 13, 2015, 11:37:38 pm »
Hi Franky
I tried to email but it would not connect.

Sir,
I really think you should edit/delete those personal names and send him private message here on the forum.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 11:40:31 pm by Ebivetar »

Offline PsychoMaster

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #327 on: February 14, 2015, 09:19:07 am »
HI
WTB
Interested in a DT2843R But a video I saw shows the continuity tester as being a bit slow is this really so? If it is only half a second or so then I cannot see it as a problem for me.Also interested in the UT71 if I can afford it?
 THANKS

Offline iloveelectronicsTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #328 on: February 14, 2015, 09:46:52 am »
HI
WTB
Interested in a DT2843R But a video I saw shows the continuity tester as being a bit slow is this really so? If it is only half a second or so then I cannot see it as a problem for me.Also interested in the UT71 if I can afford it?
 THANKS

The DT2843R is not the quickest with the continuity tester, but it's not the worse either. There is a split second delay. Another meter in the same price range you can consider is the Uni-T UT139C. There's also a review video on Youtube done by a customer who bought it from me. The UT71 series would be quite a bit more expensive. I don't stock them but do happen to have a 71E here at the moment which I'm willing to let go for cheap. It's big meter with lots of accessories however (i.e. heavy to ship), so "cheap" would mean about $100 shipped.
My email address: franky @ 99centHobbies . com
My eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/99centhobbies

Offline PsychoMaster

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #329 on: February 14, 2015, 10:36:29 am »
Thanks for the reply,I will order a 2843 This Afternoon ,I really need Capacitance facility .Also are you able to export a box of ten for some students (Family really but I was a bit embarrassed)  in about a months time?,No discount required.
 THANKS
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 02:24:58 pm by PsychoMaster »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #330 on: February 14, 2015, 03:43:28 pm »
Thanks for the reply,I will order a 2843 This Afternoon ,I really need Capacitance facility .Also are you able to export a box of ten for some students (Family really but I was a bit embarrassed)  in about a months time?,No discount required.
 THANKS

Yes, I should still have enough in stock :)

Offline PsychoMaster

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #331 on: February 14, 2015, 07:12:57 pm »
My son just ordered the 4000 instead so I will order a 2843 in two weeks .I am sure he'll like it.
Thanks

Offline PsychoMaster

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #332 on: February 26, 2015, 03:25:49 pm »
Hi
Sorry it's only me again. Iam  getting my son to order my DT2843 this week end and would like to ask a question.I have some 15nf caps to measure ,will either this or the 4000 I have ordered measure  a cap this low? The spec shows 40nf ,is this up to 40nf or over.
Also do you think you will have a Brymen 275s in stock in a few weeks time as I would like one of those also.
  Thanks

Offline Maxlor

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #333 on: February 26, 2015, 08:51:38 pm »
Hi
Sorry it's only me again. Iam  getting my son to order my DT2843 this week end and would like to ask a question.I have some 15nf caps to measure ,will either this or the 4000 I have ordered measure  a cap this low? The spec shows 40nf ,is this up to 40nf or over.
The DT4000ZC will let you measure a 15nF cap. The lowest range is 40nF with 0.01nF resolution (although measurements below 1nF are getting rather inaccurate,) a 15nF cap falls well within that. The upper limit is 100uF.

Offline ewetho

« Reply #334 on: February 26, 2015, 09:34:29 pm »
Does anyone know if the Uni-T UT61E is shipping to the USA with input protection, etc. fixes yet?

I just got mine and if you check EEVBLOG the page 54 shows the current board. Very much like the GS (German Spec board) one except the MOVs are unpopulated. 3 PTCs but no MOV.  But the holes are there to add them if you wish just like the GS spec.

Offline teslafan

• Regular Contributor
  • Nubie
« Reply #335 on: March 01, 2015, 03:22:31 pm »
Very good, thanks!

Offline PsychoMaster

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #336 on: March 03, 2015, 04:52:28 pm »
Hi
My 4000 just turned ,very happy and will order another soon .

Offline NVIC

« Reply #337 on: March 11, 2015, 03:17:14 pm »
Hi Franky,
Are you going to have the Brymen test leads back in stock anytime soon?

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #338 on: March 11, 2015, 04:02:14 pm »
Hi Franky,
Are you going to have the Brymen test leads back in stock anytime soon?

Yes, but it will be another 2 weeks or so before I receive the scheduled shipment from Brymen. I expect to have them (as well as the BM257S) back in stock by around the 24th of this month.

Offline Nevereven

• Contributor
« Reply #339 on: April 08, 2015, 10:46:35 pm »
I need to get a multimeter for my business partner to test our equipment when I'm not around. Some features I'm looking for:
  • Better than average environmental sealing it will be used near the water sometimes.
  • Easy to use. He's a biologist.
  • Will be used to test battery voltage, conductivity, continuity, and sometimes sensors (mV). No AC usage expected other than TTL level signals.
  • Min-Max would be nice.
  • Back Light is nice.
  • I would prefer AA batteries rather than 9v
  • Under $100 shipped to the US.
  • I've always been a sucker for dual display (I use a Fluke 289), but probably not at this price point.

Any suggestions? I was considering the (obvious choices) UT61E and the DT-2943R. Perhaps the BM257?

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
« Reply #340 on: April 08, 2015, 11:11:47 pm »
Any suggestions?
A possible candidate might be a Fluke 27?  Dave did a review/teardown

It is easy to use, sealed very well (as shown in Dave's video), has min/max and easily found on ebay for under $100 (Dave got his for $40).

It doesn't have backlight or use AA batteries, but the Fluke 27 will run 1000 (one thousand) hours on a 9V battery.

From

http://www.fluke.com/fluke/caen/digital-multimeters/Fluke-27.htm?PID=56055

Extremely Rugged, Water Resistant, O-Ring Sealed for Harsh Environments

The Fluke 27 combines accurate digital and analog measurement capability with extreme ruggedness and durability. They have cases twice as thick as any other DMM we build. They are totally sealed, waterproof to 3 feet (one meter) of water for one hour, tough enough to withstand contaminants, chemicals, accidental drops and severe electrical overloads.

Designed to meet military specification of MIL-STD-28800 for Style A, Class 2 instruments, the Fluke 27 performs under the extremes of heat, cold, humidity, shock, electromagnetic interference, vibration and downright abuse.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 11:16:30 pm by retiredcaps »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #341 on: April 09, 2015, 02:02:04 am »
I need to get a multimeter for my business partner to test our equipment when I'm not around. Some features I'm looking for:
  • Better than average environmental sealing it will be used near the water sometimes.
  • Easy to use. He's a biologist.
  • Will be used to test battery voltage, conductivity, continuity, and sometimes sensors (mV). No AC usage expected other than TTL level signals.
  • Min-Max would be nice.
  • Back Light is nice.
  • I would prefer AA batteries rather than 9v
  • Under $100 shipped to the US.
  • I've always been a sucker for dual display (I use a Fluke 289), but probably not at this price point.

Any suggestions? I was considering the (obvious choices) UT61E and the DT-2943R. Perhaps the BM257?

The BM257S would probably fit your requirements the best and has the best build quality by far, but it's close to $130 shipped to the US (direct deal outside eBay). The other 2 meters both use a 9V battery, and the UT61E lacks a couple other features on your list too (backlight and min-max).

Offline 6thimage

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #342 on: April 23, 2015, 03:50:27 pm »
Hey Franky - do you still have the kelvin clip kit available?

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #343 on: April 24, 2015, 01:33:16 am »
Hey Franky - do you still have the kelvin clip kit available?

Yes, I do. Please PM me your paypal info. Let me know if you want the shrouded banana plugs or unshrouded ones.

Offline CrashO

• Supporter
« Reply #344 on: April 28, 2015, 01:26:48 am »
Hi Franky,

Do you happen to have any silicone leads with unshrouded stackable banana plugs? (unshrouded on at least one side).
I currently have a bunch of these laying around here, which I really like. But unfortunately my new Rigol DP832 has binding posts that don't fit shrouded plugs..

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
« Reply #345 on: April 28, 2015, 02:57:32 am »
I just purchased this: http://nz.rs-online.com/web/p/test-lead-connector-kits/7872843/
For exactly the same reason - Except I have a DP831A.
I also needed a test lead holder.
A bit pricey though... Well, maybe not. 10 leads and a 30 bracket holder.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 02:59:07 am by Mr.B »
Where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #346 on: April 28, 2015, 04:15:33 am »
Hi Franky,

Do you happen to have any silicone leads with unshrouded stackable banana plugs? (unshrouded on at least one side).
I currently have a bunch of these laying around here, which I really like. But unfortunately my new Rigol DP832 has binding posts that don't fit shrouded plugs..

Yes, I will have something with stackable unshrouded banana plugs very soon available from my eBay store. Hopefully they will be available early next week.

Offline 6thimage

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #347 on: April 30, 2015, 10:47:09 pm »
Just wanted to say that I received the kelvin probe kit - it arrived two days ago, but I've only just got round to making them. I'm very happy with them and they got here really fast - in 4 days, including a weekend  :-+.

I'm not sure if anyone else has said much about making them, but they were fairly easy to do - I used a 25 W soldering iron, which took a few seconds to heat up each half of the disassembled clip. I actually found the banana connectors harder to do, with the plastic tip of the connector lifting up a little if the connector got too hot. The extra heat shrink is also very useful - I've placed 3 sections of it along each set of cables, which keeps them nicely together.

Overall, I'm very happy with them (the clips have got quite a bit of force behind them too) - so, thank you very much Franky  :)

Offline CrashO

• Supporter
« Reply #348 on: May 09, 2015, 08:12:06 pm »
Yes, I will have something with stackable unshrouded banana plugs very soon available from my eBay store. Hopefully they will be available early next week.
Any news on these?  ::)

I just purchased this: http://nz.rs-online.com/web/p/test-lead-connector-kits/7872843/
Hircshmann is awesome, but I don't need 10 of them and already have a holder (and a set of 4 shrouded Hircshmann's  :o ).

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #349 on: May 10, 2015, 01:55:02 am »
Any news on these?  ::)

Yes, I have got a few sets of these but just haven't got time to create the proper eBay listings yet:

The stackable to non-stackable leads (14AWG 1m length) will be $9.99 on eBay and the short 10cm female banana (accepts shrouded plugs as well) to mini grabber hook leads will be $4.89. Direct Paypal deals are 5% off.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf