Author Topic: Franky's sales thread  (Read 282064 times)

Offline Ghydda

• Regular Contributor
Re: Franky's sales thread
« Reply #475 on: January 01, 2016, 07:55:05 pm »
Hi Franky, I would be interested in the following Pintek models:
   DP-25
   DP-30HS
   DP-50

Cheers!
/Ghydda
If we learn from our mistakes then I reckon I'm getting a great education!

Offline iloveelectronicsTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #476 on: January 02, 2016, 03:21:41 pm »
I finally have a few sets of the Kelvin clips fellow member PedroDaGr8 reviewed in another thread available: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/franky's-kelvin-clip-kit/

The kit set comes similar to my previous Kelvin clip kit: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/franky's-sales-thread/msg490252/#msg490252 , except that it now comes with 14AWG wires instead of 13AWG, and of course with the new Kelvin clips. I only have a couple pairs of the shrouded banana plugs though so first come first serve.

Pricing is $18 for the Kelvin clips alone, or $24 for the kit set, including worldwide shipping, without tracking (please let me know if you do want a tracking number, which will cost an extra $2.5). If you're interested, please PM me your Paypal email address, shipping address, and your preference regarding the banana plugs. Thanks!

My email address: franky @ 99centHobbies . com
My eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/99centhobbies

Offline Godzil

• Frequent Contributor
    • My own blog
« Reply #477 on: January 02, 2016, 03:42:22 pm »
Hi Franky, one quick question about eBay, I don't really understand, if I want the "standard international shipping" even using a basket, I can't select on the basket itself but for each goods, and I don't think that adding $2.4 for each (my basket have 4 items) is worse adding for each. Please tell me, I suspect that Standard is a bit quicker (even if I never had any speed problem when you send me stuffs in the past)
What is your recommandation? (as I want the tracking number)

(and as you may send in multiple packet as at least two things are bit, I have in my basket the bnc 2 bnc cable, the Digitek DT-4000P-2, the double layer bag for my brymen, and the golden banana addon for my brymen probe tip)

Should I select Standard for the two "big" items?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 03:44:40 pm by Godzil »
When you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective.
-- Yokoi Gunpei

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #478 on: January 02, 2016, 03:56:09 pm »
Hi Franky, one quick question about eBay, I don't really understand, if I want the "standard international shipping" even using a basket, I can't select on the basket itself but for each goods, and I don't think that adding $2.4 for each (my basket have 4 items) is worse adding for each. Please tell me, I suspect that Standard is a bit quicker (even if I never had any speed problem when you send me stuffs in the past)
What is your recommandation? (as I want the tracking number)

(and as you may send in multiple packet as at least two things are bit, I have in my basket the bnc 2 bnc cable, the Digitek DT-4000P-2, the double layer bag for my brymen, and the golden banana addon for my brymen probe tip)

Should I select Standard for the two "big" items?

I have always thought that you could just select the shipping option for the entire basket, but I can't really "test" it so I guess I might be wrong. If that is the case please simply select the $2.4 for one of the items and free shipping for the rest. I will ship everything in one package unless you specifically ask to ship things separately.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #479 on: January 03, 2016, 01:46:12 am »
I finally have a few sets of the Kelvin clips fellow member PedroDaGr8 reviewed in another thread available: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/franky's-kelvin-clip-kit/

The kit set comes similar to my previous Kelvin clip kit: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/franky's-sales-thread/msg490252/#msg490252 , except that it now comes with 14AWG wires instead of 13AWG, and of course with the new Kelvin clips. I only have a couple pairs of the shrouded banana plugs though so first come first serve.

Pricing is $18 for the Kelvin clips alone, or $24 for the kit set, including worldwide shipping, without tracking (please let me know if you do want a tracking number, which will cost an extra $2.5). If you're interested, please PM me your Paypal email address, shipping address, and your preference regarding the banana plugs. Thanks!

The response to this was much greater than I thought. All Kelvin clips and kits sold out for now. Everyone who already PM'ed me before this post will get your order. I will respond to the PM's later today as I am heading out for now.

I will also try to restock ASAP. Thanks!

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Franky's sales thread - USB Power Monitors with minor defects
« Reply #480 on: January 04, 2016, 02:37:08 pm »
I got another LCD Green power monitor that has a minor defect - a line of missing horizontal pixels on the LCD display:

It has the latest firmware v2.8 installed and has been calibrated, and functions correctly apart from the missing pixels. Same deal as last time, $6 less than my standard pricing, i.e. $22.99 including worldwide shipping (without tracking). Please PM me if interested.

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Franky's sales thread - USB Power Monitors with minor defects
« Reply #481 on: January 04, 2016, 02:56:48 pm »
I got another LCD Green power monitor that has a minor defect - a line of missing horizontal pixels on the LCD display:

Sales pending. That didn't last long!

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
« Reply #482 on: January 05, 2016, 04:16:00 am »
Hey Franky, you have an error in your wire description. For your silicone coated copper wire. it appears you are off by roughly 2AWG per size for the rated resistance (not really but that is my best guess). I was measuring the resistance of the various cables I made using the 14AWG you provided and was getting a resistance of 8.694Ohm/km and this includes the banana plugs; 14AWG solid copper is listed at 8.450ohm/km. Your ebay page lists the wire as 15.6ohms/km (which is close to the 13.4ohms/km for 16AWG wire I guess). A similar trend is visible for 16 and 18 AWG as well, though I didn't have any of those to test the resistance.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 04:27:51 am by PedroDaGr8 »
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #483 on: January 05, 2016, 04:29:15 am »
Hey Franky, you have an error in your wire description. For your silicone coated copper wire. it appears you are off by roughly 2AWG per size for the rated resistance (not really but that is my best guess). I was measuring the resistance of the various cables I made and was getting a resistance of 8.694Ohm/km and this includes the banana plugs; 14AWG solid copper is listed at 8.450ohm/km. Your ebay page lists the wire as 15.6ohms/km (which is close to the 13.4ohms/km for 16AWG wire I guess). A similar trend is visible for 16 and 18 AWG as well.

I got the data from my supplier. Perhaps they are playing it safe and under-spec'ing them, I'm not sure. Maybe I'll add a note to indicate that users have reported lower resistance values. Thanks for the info!

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
« Reply #484 on: January 05, 2016, 05:04:03 am »
Hey Franky, you have an error in your wire description. For your silicone coated copper wire. it appears you are off by roughly 2AWG per size for the rated resistance (not really but that is my best guess). I was measuring the resistance of the various cables I made and was getting a resistance of 8.694Ohm/km and this includes the banana plugs; 14AWG solid copper is listed at 8.450ohm/km. Your ebay page lists the wire as 15.6ohms/km (which is close to the 13.4ohms/km for 16AWG wire I guess). A similar trend is visible for 16 and 18 AWG as well.

I got the data from my supplier. Perhaps they are playing it safe and under-spec'ing them, I'm not sure. Maybe I'll add a note to indicate that users have reported lower resistance values. Thanks for the info!

Haha, maybe they goofed. It came up on another thread when discussing aluminum versus copper plated aluminum versus copper. Your resistance makes it look like you have 14AWG aluminum wire (which has a resitance of 13.4 ohms/km). Similarly, aluminum 16AWG has a resistance of 21.7ohms/km (versus your rating of 24.4ohm/km) and 18AWG is 34.6ohms/km (verus your rating of 39.5ohms/km).
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #485 on: January 06, 2016, 10:48:03 am »
Dave's latest EEVBlab video has definitely spurred a lot of interest (and orders!) for my eBay store and I want to thank him and everyone who's supporting me for that! It has been a crazy day here today!

I will again be away for some non-eBay related business on Friday (until next Thursday) so unfortunately my eBay store will be closed during that time again. My apologies for the recent interruptions in my normal service!

Offline gameru

• Contributor
« Reply #486 on: January 06, 2016, 10:52:18 am »
Yow can celebrate this moment with lower price

Offline CrashO

• Supporter
« Reply #487 on: January 06, 2016, 11:16:03 am »
Yow can celebrate this moment with lower price
If you want even lower prices. Get some supplies from one of the 1000 One Hung Lo's @ eBay and safe yourself some pennies  :o
Just hope you don't need any service from them.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 12:19:35 pm by CrashO »

Offline Godzil

• Frequent Contributor
    • My own blog
Franky's sales thread
« Reply #488 on: January 07, 2016, 11:47:40 am »
I can't believe it! My order placed last weekend, that you mail the 4 is... on delivery today! Never got such a lightning fast delivery from HK!
When you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective.
-- Yokoi Gunpei

Offline PTR_1275

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #489 on: January 07, 2016, 03:11:28 pm »
I ordered a whole bunch of stuff from franky not that long ago and I got a message from the guys at work that it arrived today. I think I'll have to head in to the workshop tomorrow to have a look. I'm on holidays until Monday, but I don't think I can wait.

There was one of the usb loads in there which I can't wait to test and see how it goes.

Thanks once again for the fast shipping franky (I apologise for not letting you know the coax lengths I need, the workbench reshuffle hit a few sizing issues that need to be reworked to make things fit)

Offline PTR_1275

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #490 on: January 07, 2016, 03:13:07 pm »
On another note, what is the power meter plugged into at the top of this page (the green one with a line missing) I really like the yzx studio stuff. I saw a resistance meter with their logo on it a while back but not been able to don't anything since. Have you come across these?

Offline hibone

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #491 on: January 07, 2016, 04:35:49 pm »
Hi Franky,

I would like to know if you sell safety adapters as well.

I was looking for some safety adapters (BNC to 4mm bananas) such as the Multi-Contact 67.9800-100 and 67.9537-21 or equivalent. 
Maybe this kind of adapters can be a nice addition to the probes you are selling.

Thank you.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #492 on: January 07, 2016, 05:18:10 pm »
On another note, what is the power meter plugged into at the top of this page (the green one with a line missing) I really like the yzx studio stuff. I saw a resistance meter with their logo on it a while back but not been able to don't anything since. Have you come across these?

That is a USB Power Monitor. If you search "yzxstudio" or "usb power monitor" on YouTube you will find a few review videos. Here's one for a similar Red version:

The Green version has a higher resolution on the voltage reading, but doesn't display the MCU temperature on the first screen due to the extra digit for the voltage. It does still show the temperature on another screen though.

YZXstudio do also make a milliohm meter, which I happen to have one or 2 in my shop actually, but never had the time to post... Tricky part for that meter is that it uses a Li-Po battery which I can't ship, so the buyer will need to hook up his/her own Li-Po cell. I have to go away for some non-eBay business until next Thursday unfortunately, so please wait for me to return and I can post more info about it.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #493 on: January 07, 2016, 05:21:00 pm »
Hi Franky,

I would like to know if you sell safety adapters as well.

I was looking for some safety adapters (BNC to 4mm bananas) such as the Multi-Contact 67.9800-100 and 67.9537-21 or equivalent. 
Maybe this kind of adapters can be a nice addition to the probes you are selling.

Thank you.

Yes, that's something I have looked at. I might have something in the not too distant future, hopefully.

I wish there were a few more hours each day...

Offline hibone

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #494 on: January 07, 2016, 08:00:03 pm »
I know that feeling, too. Thus take your time, I can wait.

In the meantime thank you for your kind answer.

Offline PTR_1275

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #495 on: January 07, 2016, 10:20:58 pm »
Hi franky,

I meant what is it plugged into (the actual usb socket on the left) looks like a power supply or usb battery brick. I bought one of the red power meters off you a little while back and use it a lot at work.

I would be interested in one of the miliohm meters, understandable about the battery needing to be removed for shipping. I can solder a new one in here if I know what sort (dimensions, capacity and voltage) if you can let me know once you get back from your non eBay trip that would be appreciated.

-Chris

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #496 on: January 08, 2016, 04:00:51 am »
Hi franky,

I meant what is it plugged into (the actual usb socket on the left) looks like a power supply or usb battery brick. I bought one of the red power meters off you a little while back and use it a lot at work.

I would be interested in one of the miliohm meters, understandable about the battery needing to be removed for shipping. I can solder a new one in here if I know what sort (dimensions, capacity and voltage) if you can let me know once you get back from your non eBay trip that would be appreciated.

-Chris

Sorry it was really late last night and I didn't read your question carefully. Yes, that's a 4-port USB power supply/charger. It has 1 QC 2.0 port, 2 auto/smart ports and 1 ordinary DCP port. It's DC powered using a common power brick (can't remember the V/A ratings). Very handy these days with pretty much everything being USB powered :)

Offline rr100

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #497 on: January 08, 2016, 06:50:52 am »
What's the story with the LiIon batteries, is it some local regulation or too many parcels are confiscated at destination?
I'm trying to understand the general situation, all my orders that did not arrive had (not small) LiIon batteries inside (but other similar items with the same batteries arrived); I assume many sellers will sell without knowing or caring about anything. I've got refunds each time but I'd like to understand how this works so I can avoid the hassle.

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
« Reply #498 on: January 08, 2016, 02:34:27 pm »
What's the story with the LiIon batteries, is it some local regulation or too many parcels are confiscated at destination?
I'm trying to understand the general situation, all my orders that did not arrive had (not small) LiIon batteries inside (but other similar items with the same batteries arrived); I assume many sellers will sell without knowing or caring about anything. I've got refunds each time but I'd like to understand how this works so I can avoid the hassle.

China has banned the mailing of Li-ion batteries, in fact pretty much any batteries of any sort. They do spot checks and if batteries are found they refuse to mail it.

Offline nowlan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #499 on: January 08, 2016, 03:36:46 pm »
I thought hk post had issues with lipo.

Some postal service dont like batteries to be inside the device.
Some couriers only allow 1 battery in a tool, and no spares.

Here is fedex (which doesnt apply to most chinese/hk).
http://www.fedex.com/au/tools/lithium.html

----
From http://calculator.shipito.com/en/prohibited_restricted_items?country=AU

Usps Shipping Restrictions
*Lithium Ion Batteries, only 2 per packages and must be installed in devices

Airmail Shipping Restrictions
*Lithium Batteries, or Batteries in general.

Rupost Shipping Restrictions
*Loose Lithium batteries are limited to 2 count per package .
*No limit on Lithium Batteries that are installed in devices or packed with devices

Boxberry Shipping Restrictions
*Loose Lithium batteries are limited to 2 count per package .
*No limit on Lithium Batteries that are installed in devices or packed with devices

Shipito Australia Preferred Carrier Shipping Restrictions
*Loose Li-ion battery (PI965)

TNT / DHL / FEDEX (despite the link i made above)
nothing listed here

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf