Author Topic: [not anymore, solved] Asking for kind mail forwarding ( Amazon UK to France)  (Read 2602 times)

Offline JeanFTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hello,

As the thread title suggests, I'd like to request a little service from a kind EEVBlog member living in the UK,

In fact I've salvaged a rather nice set of bits from a ratcheting screwdriver (the ratcheting mechanism was actually a bunch of crap and quickly failed...) as you can see here :

I was looking for a replacement handle (the hex shaft is 4mm flat-to-flat) and I came across this, a Wiha 26901 adjustable handle :

I think they should work together like a charm. However the 26901 seems to be discontinued everywhere, except on Amazon US and UK.
This is usually not a problem, I've bought things on Amazon UK and shipped to France several times, but not this time. It looks like the seller has specified "UK only". Would anyone be kind enough to buy it for me and ship it to France at the cheapest rate ? (There is, of course, no rush)

I could pay via Paypal, let's say, £4.59 + £5.90 + shipping to FR, about €15 ?

edit : forgot the url : http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001ID7O98/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3KY5TH59FPY5P

Thank you very much in advance,

JF
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:25:21 pm by JeanF »

Offline staxquad

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eye Candy

I was looking for a replacement handle (the hex shaft is 4mm flat-to-flat) and I came across this, a Wiha 26901 adjustable handle :

I think they should work together like a charm. However the 26901 seems to be discontinued everywhere, except on Amazon US and UK.
This is usually not a problem, I've bought things on Amazon UK and shipped to France several times, but not this time. It looks like the seller has specified "UK only". Would anyone be kind enough to buy it for me and ship it to France at the cheapest rate ? (There is, of course, no rush)

I could pay via Paypal, let's say, £4.59 + £5.90 + shipping to FR, about €15 ?

edit : forgot the url : http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001ID7O98/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3KY5TH59FPY5P

Thank you very much in advance,

JF

Il y en a en Allemagne aussi.  Only 10 9 in stock. (dropped by 1 as I checked the link for correctness, looks like Amazon.de and Amazon.co.uk are linked to the same stock)

http://www.amazon.de/Wiha-26901-Schraubendreher-Handgriff-lang-StandardPrecisio/dp/B001ID7O98/ref=sr_1_1/277-6541489-4524923?ie=UTF8&qid=1397599236&sr=8-1&keywords=wiha+26901

Both from Micro Tools Europe.  Both dispatched from Germany.

EUR 5,75 + EUR 3,00 Versandkosten, could be slightly more to Fr.

Purchased a Guide du Routard 2014 for Cuba from Amazon.fr that was dispatched from GB  :-//
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:25:12 pm by staxquad »
"TEPCO Fukushima you long time"
You say Vegemite, I say Yosemite. (Ve-gem-mit-tee, Yo-zey-might)  
"For starters : you're Canadian...."

• Regular Contributor
Merci ! Pourquoi n'y ai-je pas pensé ?  :D Problème résolu en tout cas ;)

:palm: That's right, thank you staxquad !!

Great idea to check amazon.de, I should have had it also ! I guess the stock on amazon UK is actually the same as on amazon.de ; the seller names and remaining stock match !  Indeed, it makes more sense to ship directly from DE to FR than DE->UK->FR.

Amazon.co.uk didn't allow me to confirm the order (as I said), but Amazon.de was much more accomodating, I've had no problems.

Problem solved, thanks ! ;)

• Regular Contributor
Yeah, the drop in the stock from 10 to 9 was actually me placing an order, I guess.

The "standard shipping" looks a bit fanciful, they claim i'll get my order "between 28 April 2014 and 17 May 2014", I'll see how it goes...

It was indeed the cheapest option, less than 12€ shipped.

• Regular Contributor
Hi, just a quick feedback :

That works perfectly. Micro Tools Europe shipped the handle very quickly.

Before : (crappy ratcheting mechanism, all bits in the handle)

After : much better !

thanks again staxquad ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf